player look a likes

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes, but in Sign they made the game more animated than it really is so we don't have to watch neutral-faced characters sit around in the same exact way, occassionally using smilies.

There's just no way you can show the emotions and wide array of positions shown in Sign with only goggles and a game controller. Maybe Tsukasa can do all that.

My pet theory is that Tsukasa's perception of the world is made more animated and realistic, so the various positions and emotions are delusions on his part the game induces.
Rydis

Post by Rydis »

^ thats my point. Maybe Balmung can't really fly. Just an animated aspect of the show.
Reigai

Post by Reigai »

Rydis wrote:^ thats my point. Maybe Balmung can't really fly. Just an animated aspect of the show.
Some of the last videos in Mutation show him flying. At one point in the story, you see him glide down from the top of a buillding in Net Slum to interupt Kite and Helba. When Morganna revolts before Magus arrives, he tries to stay logged in by flying against the shockwave.

Apparently, CC Corp. spends more time designing character model upgrades than trying to restore The World.
.hack// SIGN

Post by .hack// SIGN »

Apparently, CC Corp. spends more time designing character model upgrades than trying to restore The World.
Well, It's not like that.
The character model upgrade Balmung had received was from the One Sin event.
That was long before the problems in "The World" started.
Reigai

Post by Reigai »

.hack// SIGN wrote:
Well, It's not like that.
The character model upgrade Balmung had received was from the One Sin event.
That was long before the problems in "The World" started.
It was supposed to be taken as a joke.
Grey

Post by Grey »

I laughed a little if that counts for anything.

*Didn't watch LotB* Didn't Ouka get a full out character upgrade?
Reigai

Post by Reigai »

Grey wrote:*Didn't watch LotB* Didn't Ouka get a full out character upgrade?
I completely forgot about that. Yeah, she got an upgrade for The World that included Fighter and Werewolf job extensions for high leveled players.

But The World - Expansion Pack that Ouka got was available to the public. Balmung's wings are one of a kind (unless you count Luke's).
Last edited by Reigai on Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey

Post by Grey »

Are you telling me that what she got was basically an unlockable?
.hack// SIGN

Post by .hack// SIGN »

Reigai wrote:
It was supposed to be taken as a joke.
Sorry, rough day i'm having.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Are you telling me that what she got was basically an unlockable?
Yup. I bet there's loads of werewolf fighters like her.
Rydis

Post by Rydis »

I bet there are people even stronger then balmung. Don't know if its any significance that Orca as level 50 in the games or just for gameplay. Though if 99 is the highest level, then we know gameplay wise Sora and Crim would be in equel in strength to Balmung. He was just lucky he had a smart friend.
Grey

Post by Grey »

Well, yeah. Balmung isn't stronger than any other level 99 Blademaster.
Wavemaster.girl.Aqua

Post by Wavemaster.girl.Aqua »

that would be great if it could happen in the hack games but the games are great dont get me wrong its just so boring the way they made thw movements and things you cant jump over nothing at all its not giving us the full expiriance
Invader

Post by Invader »

I agree that there are limited character designs, but do they makers of .hack have to make the main characters all look the same? It ends up to be very confusing. :?

Lazy @$$ CC Corporation...
Invader

Post by Invader »

Rydis wrote:I bet there are people even stronger then balmung. Don't know if its any significance that Orca as level 50 in the games or just for gameplay. Though if 99 is the highest level, then we know gameplay wise Sora and Crim would be in equel in strength to Balmung. He was just lucky he had a smart friend.
Why would level even matter? If you got slashed by a sword wouldn't you die anyway regardless of the level of the wielder?
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Tsukasa is slashed at numerous times (or once) in the series, to which he immediately gets back up and sicks the guardian on the girls.
didoniac

Post by didoniac »

Grey wrote:You missed the point of End of Shadow's comment.

Either way, people play mmorpg's for the fun aspect. Having clones usually doesn't push people away from playing an mmorpg...look at Runescape.

Are u telling us runescape has many ppl looking the same?? I've played that game for 2½ year now, and I haven't seen 1 frickin' clone of myself!!!

(And sorry for breaking the thread)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

That's exactly what he's saying. Lots of people look the same on Runescape. You probably just have an ugly character :P
didoniac

Post by didoniac »

Actually, if people have armor on then they look like each other, but I mean the character itself, ok, sure, i have seen many ppl with the same hair and haircolor as me, but then the skin color/clothes/boots/arms are different, there are like 5000 combinations, so how on earth would i be able to see 1 frickin clone of myself?

But now, please can we talk about The World's characther design instead of RuneScape's? :P
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

How about we stop reviving several week old threads for meaningless off-topic discussion YOU started?