Helba in person? Or not.

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Her name is Asaha, according to the .hack//encyclopedia. I too doubt she's Helba in person.
VKV

Post by VKV »

Maybe she is, maybe she is not.
But she do have that smile of hers. But that could go with many other persons.
Satu

Post by Satu »

Personally, I think there's a strong possibility that Asaba (or Asaha, or OL, or whatever you want to call her) is Helba. This is .hack we're talking about, after all. Asaba's personality, along with her matching English and Japanese voice actors, seem to be strong indicators towards being Helba... But, like people have stated before, those two things could just be unrelated coincidences. (Then again, since when were there meaningless coincidences within .hack...? I don't know of any others besides this one.)

For me, the clincher is the fact that she doesn't seem too worried or surprised about "Pluto Again." (If memory serves, that is.) Most office ladies I know would be panicking and crying, but she was cool, calm, collected, and rather unfazed. Sure, there would be people out there who'd react in such a way, but it still doesn't change my opinion on the matter.

Ugh, I've never accepted the theory that Helba is the dancing woman in SIGN's opening. It doesn't come off as very Helba-ish to prance around in a revealing suit for everyone's enjoyment. Plus, the symbolism in the opening would be way off if the red lady was Helba. Some things would match (like the jumping into the abyss in the beginning), but the meeting with Aura at the end is what makes no sense. Helba and Aura never seem to be that connected to one another - not so directly, at any rate, and especially not in SIGN. Surely, the idea that the red lady is a physical manifestation of Morganna is more apt...?

Until someone shows me a piece of evidence that Helba is the lady in the red suit that comes from some place other than .hack//GIFT, I'll hold on to my Morganna theory.

[/offtopic] Whoops.
Tolf

Post by Tolf »

I believe Asaba/Asaha Kaoru is Helba because of what I saw in .hack//GIFT, read up on the identical voice actors in both languages., and simply because of all the information one simple secretary has on Pluto's Kiss. As much as .hack//GIFT may have been a "parody" episode, I still think slipping in Helba to explain the woman in red actually fit. Something like that seems almost too important to want to confuse the fans by just joking with it. And besides, who says Helba's personality is so set in stone that she can't dance?
Another thing is the woman in red has long hair, and Asaba/Asaha's hair quite resembles it, only it's cut shorter. Who's to say after all these years Helba didn't get a haircut?
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I just think debunking any possibilities of it is being too... shall I say... overly skeptical? As someone has said, it is .hack.
Vargus the Green Flame

Post by Vargus the Green Flame »

I would have to say she is Helba with the athourity style and a strong voice it just has to be Helba.
dothacker06

Post by dothacker06 »

We can keep posting crackpot theories but right now there is no way to know who is Helba or anything. And I agree with Kite_2000, that has to be Helba in the beginning of Sign.
Suyo

Post by Suyo »

It can't be helba

In the fourth disc (maybe third..) when she's in the hotel with Mr. Tokuoka(sp)

They get a call from Bith the Black
Helba doesn't seem the type to play dumb :/
does she? x.x
Airon

Post by Airon »

yes she does, if it suits her needs. no one knows she's helbe, she wouldn't want to be made obviouse, especially being a hacker
dothacker06

Post by dothacker06 »

Suyo wrote:It can't be helba

In the fourth disc (maybe third..) when she's in the hotel with Mr. Tokuoka(sp)

They get a call from Bith the Black
Helba doesn't seem the type to play dumb :/
does she? x.x
We are not talking about Kyoko Tohno. :roll: . We are talkin about the second disk when Yuki Aihara gets helped by Kaoru Asaba. We are talking about Kaoru.
Exotahu

Post by Exotahu »

I don't think she's Helba. I don't think Helba would be someone that would have a secretary job.
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

I personally belive Asaba is Helba based on in both languages they were the same voice actor. She is also intellegent aswell Knew what was going on.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Problem with that is, Helba and Emma, Harald and Balmung, Crim and Harald. Same voice actor's mean nothing.
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

What stands it out more is that in japan helba and asaba=same voice actor in the american version Helba and Asaba = same voice actor. Strange how they kept it the same -_-
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

And they did it with Helba = Emma in both versions too.

Liek wow, by your logic, Helba is played by a zombie IRL. OR A GHOST ONOES!!
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

Exactly -Shuts ears to Aura's insulting words- Still dosn't explain how she knew so much. Like I said I will personally belive its her.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I agree with your statements, but not with your logic. Things like her resourcefulness and such are one thing. Superficial things like voice actors are different.
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

Yes a voice actor isn't really much to go on with. Could say its wishful thinking of Helba being Asaba. Since nothing can be offical and both seem to have both characteristics of eachother I put her face on her. My logic is wierd since there is no way emma could be in the equation and that left Asaba I figured it would be the best bet. I Figure that they showed us helba without actually saying it was helba which is used alot in writeing. Guess the best I can explain my logic lol
demondude777

Post by demondude777 »

The voice actor for the english version has done a million games and anime. It doesn't prove it. She is even in G.U. as Bordeaux.

I always thought Helba was a guy around Wiseman's age. She is a hacker afterall...so what makes you think she is female? She can probably hack her voice too.
Darkmetrau
Tomorrow's Poet
Tomorrow's Poet

Post by Darkmetrau »

i dont think its helba i mean think about it all the people that have players in the world look like each other what i mean is if it was helba she would look a lil like her player if u want to know what i mean look at subaru and tuskas plaers and compear them to there rl life identey
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, but most players look NOTHING like their characters.