Helba in person? Or not.

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, but most players look NOTHING like their characters.
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

Darkmetrau wrote:if u want to know what i mean look at subaru and tuskas plaers and compear them to there rl life identey
And then look at Wiseman, Sora, and Orca.
Daichi

Re: Helba in person? Or not.

Post by Daichi »

Karma wrote:
Shikuza_Ame wrote:Could that woman be Helba or maybe they just had the same voice, but different character?
Well, I'm sorry to say that I do not know this for a fact, but I do not think they are the same person--rather the similar voice but different character (But who would trust someone with no facts, right?). That's just my opinion, unfortunately.
well... many players in the World are using headsets....

and maybe Helba - or that purple-dyed-hair-fella knew that the nets would collape, and try to investergate from the inside. in fact, mid-mutation helba dosen't play that big a role, so it could be her in the cinema
Dead

Re:

Post by Dead »

Exotahu wrote:I don't think she's Helba. I don't think Helba would be someone that would have a secretary job.
im pretty sure she was lying to Aihara when she said she worked there. i get the feeling she was there to hack, in order to keep cc corp from tracking her isp. At that point in the game, they were blaming all the system problems on Helba, and the news board said they were doing everything they could to track her down.
Daichi

Re: Re:

Post by Daichi »

Dead wrote:
Exotahu wrote:I don't think she's Helba. I don't think Helba would be someone that would have a secretary job.
im pretty sure she was lying to Aihara when she said she worked there. i get the feeling she was there to hack, in order to keep cc corp from tracking her isp. At that point in the game, they were blaming all the system problems on Helba, and the news board said they were doing everything they could to track her down.
Uh... nice find, dude
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's not a "find", it's something he thought up entirely on his own.

and Helba's too badass to need to go somewhere else to cover her ISP. She'd just use a proxy program or something. I personally like to think Aihara is a separate person both because logic is in that favor, and because the more individual badasses in the series, the better. There's just no way in hell Yuki is two handshakes away from Helba herself. Bullsh*t in spades.
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

AuraTwilight wrote:It's not a "find", it's something he thought up entirely on his own.

and Helba's too badass to need to go somewhere else to cover her ISP. She'd just use a proxy program or something. I personally like to think Aihara is a separate person both because logic is in that favor, and because the more individual badasses in the series, the better. There's just no way in hell Yuki is two handshakes away from Helba herself. Bullsh*t in spades.
think, AT, think... ONE hacker, against ALL FBI, CIA KGB and stuff... so how big is the chances for her to use her own pc, eh?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's Helba, referred to as the best hacker in the world, and she's friends with a few AI. Frankly, if a ten year old in the .hack universe can almost destroy the whole world, Helba must be effing phenomenal. She can use her own PC so long as she has simple proxy programs or IP changers/hiders or something.
Dead

A Little Clarity

Post by Dead »

AT wrote:I personally like to think Aihara is a separate person both because logic is in that favor, and because the more individual badasses in the series, the better. There's just no way in hell Yuki is two handshakes away from Helba herself.
im sorry, im not sure what youre trying to say with this whole Seperate business. Seperate from who? or what? i wasnt implying for a moment that Yuki was helba, if thats what you meant.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, I mean the Secretary chick. Yuki is "Two handshakes away" from her because she's a friend of Yuki's sister.

Though I suppose after Liminality it's only one handshake. Whatever.
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

AuraTwilight wrote:No, I mean the Secretary chick. Yuki is "Two handshakes away" from her because she's a friend of Yuki's sister.

why not? if a ten year old boy caused a worldwide computercrash....
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

A genius ten year old boy. Who's name and personal information was never published. And probably doesn't exist and was a media scapegoat so that CC Corp could perform the Pluto's Kiss scandal and gain global power.

As opposed to Yuki, who's so blasse' and ordinary that her computer knowledge probably only extends to cellphones and browsing the Internet. I mean, the **** couldn't even get out of that building on her own, how the hell is she going to be Helba?
Dead

Post by Dead »

AuraTwilight wrote:No, I mean the Secretary chick. Yuki is "Two handshakes away" from her because she's a friend of Yuki's sister.

That made me Chuckle.
AuraTwilight wrote:A genius ten year old boy. Who's name and personal information was never published. And probably doesn't exist and was a media scapegoat so that CC Corp could perform the Pluto's Kiss scandal and gain global power
Im with you on that one.
AuraTwilight wrote:the **** couldn't even get out of that building on her own, how the hell is she going to be Helba?
and thats where you lose me again. I agree theres no way in hell Yuki could be helba, but whoever even suggested that possibility?
IDK, I just thought maybe Morganna struck Yokohama with intention, not just to alleviate her surmounting Data, but i always just assumed she chose Yokohama because she somehow traced Helbas IP Adress as Magus Appeared and struck out at Helba in the real world to prevent her from helping Kite or just to "send a message" so to speak. "Logging out isnt neccesarily escape" or something. Yeah, I know that sounds stupid and way off base, but its what was in my head at the time.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Actually, Morganna wasn't even aware of the damage she was doing to the real world. She was so blindly obsessed that nothing mattered except "Me." "Kite." "Aura."
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

I forget, I'm probably horrifically wrong, but wasn't it in Analysis that said, after a number of Phases were drained, Morganna had lost pretty much all of her Intelligence, randomly going off what was left of her?