Macha

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

dominus_draconis

Post by dominus_draconis »

yeah, but, the only way to learn it is to try, granted, I still suck at it too much to try it here for fear of AT kicking my ass :P
juunishi master

Post by juunishi master »

AuraTwilight wrote:*smacks Juunishi for using Japanese improperly*
Wha? Did I? I thought I used the right one.

Well, sorry about that.
Reign Of Death

Post by Reign Of Death »

juunishi master wrote:So desu ka...

Mia is sure confusing me...

Hehe.
apparently, your not da only one confused :D
juunishi master

So?

Because I'm still confused until now. Could anyone explain why Mia is crying when she see the Aromatic Grass in Unison, while she never showed sama expression before?

Hehe.
mastergods

Post by mastergods »

juunishi master wrote:So?

Because I'm still confused until now. Could anyone explain why Mia is crying when she see the Aromatic Grass in Unison, while she never showed sama expression before?

Hehe.
That because that was the grass she was holding as macha when she was data drained. Even though you lost your all of yours memories the same things make you sad or happy and you dont know why. The Aromatic Grass she was givin in in Unison was the first sign of kindness she ever had it also was the item that ot her "killed" if you will.
juunishi master

OK. Clear.

Thanks for the information.

Hehe.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Thanks for the explanation. I never realized that before.
Darkmetrau
Tomorrow's Poet
Tomorrow's Poet

Post by Darkmetrau »

AuraTwilight wrote:It's a special episode of Sign where the game characters and the Sign characters meet up to celebrate the defeat of Morganna.
heh if only they new she might still be around later in GU
kite did say at the end of the games that it was just the beging after all right -_-!so all that effort we did during the games is meaningless since she wont truly be gone?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, the dangerous part of her is gone. In GU she's only reincarnated as her children, the Epitaphs, which are much, much more benign.
shiroi

Post by shiroi »

On the topic of Aromatic Grass...

I was recently reading volume 3 of .hack//Another Birth, and while I don't know what the consensus is on its being canon or not, I thought this was interesting.  At one point, BlackRose is invited to go collect Aromatic Grass with Elk and Mia. She wonders why they collect it, and Elk explains that he and Mia became friends when he gave it to her as a gift. When BlackRose asks Mia why she likes it so much, Mia says the following: "My dream-self known as Macha is given Aromatic Grass from a boy who looks like Elk. When I'm with him I feel at ease. Maybe that has something to do with why I like Aromatic Grass." (Quoting Tokyopop's translation.) She is obviously talking about Tsukasa here.

The fact that Mia starts to cry in Unison would make sense if she vaguely remembers something of herself as Macha.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, the dangerous part of her is gone. In GU she's only reincarnated as her children, the Epitaphs, which are much, much more benign.
...At the whim of the user...
They really need a new ideal.......

The fact that Mia starts to cry in Unison would make sense if she vaguely remembers something of herself as Macha.
Mia could be considered an A.I. with amnesia.
She is basicly Macha,but with herself wiped clean,and given a degree of freedom until needed.
Macha and Mia are both parts of the epitaph Macha though,and the personality they have comes in part from it.
And,of course,from the experiences that the A.I. faces,which is true for all blackbox A.I.'s.
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

Aera wrote:lol this thread has like like 5 explanations of the same thing reworded.

but macha is definately the best of all charries in .hack//sign... as my laptop is named after him/her.
i called mine "Macha-Epitaph"...

freaky...