Moderator: Moderators

Skeith_lord

What is that thing at the beggining

Post by Skeith_lord »

In the beggining of the series that looks like a Giant Cell phone :shock:
What is that thing?!
Skeith_lord

Post by Skeith_lord »

Right after the opening theme, theres a scene with a desert and there's that thig (witch reminded me a cell phone a bit :P) that goes red and green. that's what I meant
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Is it black. Because I remember that and it also appears at the end of .Hack//SIGN.
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

Cless? You do realise that Skeith_Lord has yet to see .hack//SIGN all the way through?

The black thing at the beginning...I'm assuming that its scenery in the area and may be the dungeon in which Tsukasa was data-drained.
Phantazy

Post by Phantazy »

It's not really anything. It's just symbolism used to represent Morganna. At least, that's what I always thought of it as.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Umbra wrote:Cless? You do realise that Skeith_Lord has yet to see .hack//SIGN all the way through?

The black thing at the beginning...I'm assuming that its scenery in the area and may be the dungeon in which Tsukasa was data-drained.
My bad. I didn't realize that. I'm just trying to give him a heads up on the series. I don't think I ruined anything for him/or her.
Phantazy wrote:It's not really anything. It's just symbolism used to represent Morganna. At least, that's what I always thought of it as.
Possible. When I read .Hack//AI Buster I got a couple of theories on that black sphire.
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

That spire also:

appears at the final episode ofter the group encounters Skeith and instead of showing green like in the beginning, it showed red
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Thrym wrote:That spire also:

appears at the final episode ofter the group encounters Skeith and instead of showing green like in the beginning, it showed red
So that's how I see your spoiler. Okay that's interesting. Why did it do that?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I just assumed it was Liminality symbolism.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

AuraTwilight wrote:I just assumed it was Liminality symbolism.
How so please continue.
sirk

Post by sirk »

No one really knows what it truly means but most agree with the theory that it's symbolism of something (theories differ on what exactly it symbolizes).
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

How about the black box.
rhyste

Post by rhyste »

... Cless... I'll give you like $10 if you quit spamming...

Anyway,
 The black monolith/cellphone/thing has differing meanings based on who you ask. Going along with my old thesis about the use of Color in the whole anime, notice how in the last episode, it shows the area the monolith is in and it's color, then it fades to black and white as the red panel fades in. The way it fades to color is a symbol that Tsukasa's "world" is no longer The World but the real world.

However, Morganna's voice repeats that daunting "we need each other bit." People assumed that Morganna intended this to be directed towards Sora because he was now Data Drained in stuck in-game. Personally I interpretted her words as meaning that the story still continued (ie: History repeats itself in a way, only the world had faded to black and white because of Tsukasa's story ending) and not much more.

The object itself is definitely a cellphone. It was kind of like a symbol of being connected. The cellphones, especially in Liminality, are key tools. With the ending of //SIGN, we knew it was located in The World and not anywhere in the real world.
Skeith_lord

Post by Skeith_lord »

Umbra wrote:Cless? You do realise that Skeith_Lord has yet to see .hack//SIGN all the way through?

Don't worrry, I meneged to see the entire series before I've posted(Was too importent :P)
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

rhyste wrote:... Cless... I'll give you like $10 if you quit spamming...

Anyway,
 The black monolith/cellphone/thing has differing meanings based on who you ask. Going along with my old thesis about the use of Color in the whole anime, notice how in the last episode, it shows the area the monolith is in and it's color, then it fades to black and white as the red panel fades in. The way it fades to color is a symbol that Tsukasa's "world" is no longer The World but the real world.

However, Morganna's voice repeats that daunting "we need each other bit." People assumed that Morganna intended this to be directed towards Sora because he was now Data Drained in stuck in-game. Personally I interpretted her words as meaning that the story still continued (ie: History repeats itself in a way, only the world had faded to black and white because of Tsukasa's story ending) and not much more.

The object itself is definitely a cellphone. It was kind of like a symbol of being connected. The cellphones, especially in Liminality, are key tools. With the ending of //SIGN, we knew it was located in The World and not anywhere in the real world.
Okay, I'm not really spamming just trying to bring more material to the subject. Call it whatever you like dude but geez...