Question about Morgana.

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

do you think that the other phases would have gone through the smae process if they haden't of been DD?

would they change there form and create a shield as well?
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Here's my take on the whole thing... The phases are not "Monsters" so to say, they are more programs and were never meant to be battled by players, therefore they have infinite hp, now (correct me if I'm wrong) Though in the first battle with Corbinek, the Morganna Virus was put on to the weapons which caused "pain" to Corbinek, eventually forcing itself to put up the sheild. (Theories from here on out) Though this massive loss of power, due to the other phases demise and Bith's tinkering in the system, the plain storing the coma victims weakened and they became able to fight against Corbinek. Thus something dealing with Liminality the will of the coma victis and the dot hackers, the sheild broke. I honestly don't think the last "thing" you fight is Corbinek, but a last desperate measure of Morganna.

It looks nothing like the other phases and you don't fight it in the normal field where you fight the rest of the phases. Though it may not have been Morganna, I don't think it was a phase at all. Well that's my two cents,

EDIT: Well I found the functions of what the phases were...

Phase 1 Skeith: The Terror of Death
This program was designed to collect data on human emotions and reactions to death. The information collected by all Phases was copied to the ultimate AI.

Phase 2 Innis: The Mirage of Deceit
This program was designed to collect data on human reactions to deceit.

Phase 3 Magus: The Propagation
This program was designed to collect data on the human need to procreate and preserve the species.

Phase 4 Fidchell: The Prophet
This program was designed to collect data on the human concept of unavoidable fate. After the battle with this fourth phase, Morganna attempted to spread beyond the game servers to alleviate her increasing size which was causing heightened instability.

Phase 5 Gorre: The Schemer
This program was designed to collect data on human cruelty.

Phase 6 Macha: The Temptress
This program was designed to collect data on human affection (but only that occurs during unrequited love).

Phase 7 Tarvos: The Avenger
The program was designed to collect data on human jealously, revenge and other dark emotions.

Phase 8 Corbenik: The Rebirth
First Form: Attachments to Life
Second Form: Attraction of Death
Final Form: The Pure Heart

This was in the 4th liminality movie, whoops, hehe sorry everyone
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

the third form was indeed Corbenic. It was just reborn and fully sprouted. The comatose victims rising had nothing to do with Bith, for he's only human. The coma victims rose up because of Aura's power, similar to how she awakened Rena in the Udeden anime.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Not sure if I'm allowed to revive this but... I've had a question partially related to other posts for a long long time. What did Tokuoka do? If I remember correctly he saved the server's somehow, is this correct?
Nilore

Post by Nilore »

Xu Yuan wrote:Not sure if I'm allowed to revive this but... I've had a question partially related to other posts for a long long time. What did Tokuoka do? If I remember correctly he saved the server's somehow, is this correct?
If my understanding is correct, the scene in Liminality where they are in CC Corp and at the computers is at the exact same time Kite and the others are fighting the Eighth Phase. Corbenik was causing server instability, and Tokuoka was working feverishly to keep them online. The fight against Corbenik was online just as much as it was offline.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

He was the one who contacted Helba and helped her get up the backup server.

And don't worry about reviving an old thread. You're allowed to do so as long as it's not spam like "h0w du u beet skieth?"
Sephido_Rijun

Morgana

Post by Sephido_Rijun »

Aura was the main point that Harald was trying to create. Morgana realized that once Aura was born, she would die and no longer be needed, so she did everything she could to stop Aura from waking. She lost her maternal mother chip/emotion. She only looked out for herself. It was a system error actually.
Vargus the Green Flame

Post by Vargus the Green Flame »

poor litlle lycoris....I just wish that I could go to the field of lycoris flowers that she left