Question about Morgana.

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Red1086

Question about Morgana.

Post by Red1086 »

This is about AI Buster, but it does connect to the anime.

I have just finished reading AI Buster and I am really confused on the whole Morgana thing.

In the book, Lycosis calls the Ghost of the Church (aka Harald Hoerwick, the creator of the world), Morgana Mode Gone.

Here is where I get confused.

I know that there is this whole deal about contridiction and everything but if Harald wanted Aura to be born, then why does Morgana (who is Harald) want Aura to not awaken? Wasn't it Harald's dream to have Aura awaken and be near human AI?

If anyone can explain that to me, I would greatly appreciate it. :D
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

It was an error if I remember correctly. There was a sudden shift in topics from Morganna to Harold; and when it was being adapted in English they apparently combined the two parts.
Red1086

Post by Red1086 »

So then they are two seperate entities? That would make more sense.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, it was correct. Morganna and Harold are two seperate entities, but during AI Buster, Morganna took over Harold's character and told Lycoris she was worthless in order to make her suicidal.
Zeicule

Post by Zeicule »

Sounds intense. I'm going to have to pick up the novel next time I go out to the mall. Is it in bookstores?
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Waldenbooks, Borders, Barnes & Noble, SunCoast?
Red1086

Post by Red1086 »

Now this brings up another question about Morgana. If Harald created "The World", then he created Morgana, maybe inadvertantly, but he kind of did. So then why does Morgana want Aura to not awaken then? Is Morgana like a Vagraint AI that grew its own intelligence?
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Harold creates The World and wanted to make an AI to manage this world. He could not create Aura directly so he creates an AI(Morganna) that will function until the Ultimate AI(Aura) collects enough data(each phase) to be activated(awaken). The Ultimiate AI will then replace the starting AI as the new world. However! survival of the fittest comes to play where a species chooses not to be replaced. A computer term version of this is best explained in Matrix 2 where an AI can either choose exile or deletion. Morganna chooses to not give up her place being "alive" in The World to Aura. And thats the plot of .hack//
Red1086

Post by Red1086 »

Yay! I understand now!
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

AuraTwilight wrote:No, it was correct. Morganna and Harold are two seperate entities, but during AI Buster, Morganna took over Harold's character and told Lycoris she was worthless in order to make her suicidal.
No, it was incorrect. In the original Japanese novel, the shift in topic was abrupt, but present. In the translation, it seems to have been missed.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

But didn't it say in the book God was contridicting itself?
Red1086

Post by Red1086 »

Yes it did actually, but that could also be part of the missed translation in the shift from Harald to Morgana. I'm no .hack expert yet so I really can't inform on too much. But all in all, you are right, that was said in the book.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Meh. Well I got the same meaning out of it despite translation.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Okay, maybe another typo but if that is true that might explain why Morganna is contradicting itself. This might explain why "The World" is out of control in .Hack//SIGN.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

She's contradicting herself because she's supposed to be creating Aura, but when Aura is completed, she will die, and she doesn't want that to happen. So she's trying to keep Aura from waking up. Contradiction.
Apple

Post by Apple »

that typo/error got me confused too...lolz thanks for correcting it ^_^

off topic:: at first, in .hack//sign, i thought Morganna had no idea who Aura was XD (i was a complete .hack noob back then) because she kept on calling her "this girl" and not refering her as "Aura".
Jakster

Post by Jakster »

AuraTwilight wrote:She's contradicting herself because she's supposed to be creating Aura, but when Aura is completed, she will die, and she doesn't want that to happen. So she's trying to keep Aura from waking up. Contradiction.
 but isnt morganna still alive after aura wakes up? after all she sends skeith after them and she is only deleted i think in the episode unison...then again i could be wrong (i only just beat .hack//mutation this morning... but i have seen all of .hack//sign all of .hack//LoTt (and the manga) and read AI Buster.)
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Even though Lycoris was a mistake were they trying to use Lycoris to create Aura?
Jakster

Post by Jakster »

Cless wrote:Even though Lycoris was a mistake were they trying to use Lycoris to create Aura?
 Lycois was a failed atempt at making aura
Mitsuhide_Akechi

Post by Mitsuhide_Akechi »

I believe Lycoris was a beta or archetype for Aura in a way, but I can't be too sure. I'll have to read the book again