Any realism to this "twilight" and "eternal d

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Eternal_dimension_seeker

Any realism to this "twilight" and "eternal d

Post by Eternal_dimension_seeker »

Well....I've been really intrigued by this anime (.hack/sign only, though)...when I first saw it on cartoon network a few years ago, at midnight, it was literally a dream-like anime...like, the music, scenes, backgrounds, settings, and overall mood...It felt like stuff I'd "feel" while I was dreaming in my sleep. So it really intrigued me, and I was wondering...is there any "background" to this whole "mood"? Like, the semi-medieval music, and twilight settings, and the way people were dressed and stuff? I know it's a blend of medieval times and twilightish themes, but what inspired the producers of .hack/sign to put that blend together? It feels like I can relate to that somehow, because...it's like...(don't laugh) I'm looking to dive deeper into this whole mood/theme...

I know, it must sound really really stupid, but...I had to get this off my chest...
Nishi

Post by Nishi »

I just have to add that replacing the word Stupid with Gay is very direspectful towards homosexuals, please try and keep prejudice-supporting phrases like that to a minimum...

And to answer your question, I think there are plenty of Germanic stories that inspired the game. A poem by Emma Whitland(? I forgot the name) and many other stories seemed to serve inspiration... I'm sure others have the research.
Eternal_dimension_seeker

Post by Eternal_dimension_seeker »

Sorry about the prejudice thing, I'm actually not biased towards gays myself (I respect them as well as the next person), it's just that....actually, there's no excuse/justification for that. you're right...my bad...
Nishi

Post by Nishi »

It's okay, everyone does it and doesn't realize that, I would just like less of it. ;P

Anyways, .hack//AI Buster really does help talk a bit more about all the influences in the games, since I want to stay on topic. X3 But all they mention is a story about Seig and Balmung, Emma's poem, and a few other things, but I forget... those may be the only two. :B
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Don't worry about it I loved the anime and wish life was like an anime.