If Kite fought Tsukasa who would win?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

If Kite fought Tsukasa who would win?

Post by Cless »

Between Kites ability to data drain a monster when their protect barrier is down and Tsukasa's abilitly to summon a guardian. Who would win? I thought that if I watched .Hack/GIFT I would find out. Plus I thought it would be cool if they actually fought each other.
The weird experience from watching GIFT
Cellos-CBK

Post by Cellos-CBK »

Kite No duh he has DATA DRIAN... Unless the graudin is involed
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Assuming you even got Tsukasa to fight, Kite would win, because by the time Kite gets the Bracelet, Tsukasa has already lost his powers. Even if he did still have his powers, you're pitting a Twinblade against a Wavemaster that can FEEL PAIN. It's really no contest.
saiato

Post by saiato »

Yea really...Tsukasa doesn't have a chance >.>
Jugatsu

Post by Jugatsu »

Tsukasa because of the following reasons
1)Tsukasa is cooler
2)Tsukasa's guardian DD also, so Kite's bracelet isn't an advantage
3)If Tsukasa has no guardian, he would also feel no pain, since that would mean he was free of 'The World'. If he couldn't feel pain he'd pwn since Wavemaster's can do the most damage, plus casting slows down opponants.
4)If Tsukasa has a guardian the guardian doesn't need protect break. Just look at the Silver Knight when Tsukasa's guardian first appeared
Results:Kite dead really fast.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Kite would logically win becuase it seems Tsukasa is a low level.

But if you pit Tsukasa and his gurdian against Kite, then Tsukasa would win.
Cellos-CBK

Post by Cellos-CBK »

What about Bear vs Kite.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Those are good reasons

Post by Cless »

When Tsukasa acquire the ability to data drain people by summoning a guardian. That caused a lot of trouble. I thought tsukasa was a cool character though not because of the abilities Aura gave him but of his personality most of the time and his wisdom.
Swarnt_Brightstar

Post by Swarnt_Brightstar »

I'd say Tsukasa if the guardian was there.
Cellos-CBK

Post by Cellos-CBK »

Imagene Him with the braclet
Reon

Post by Reon »

Im going to have to go with Tsukasa.
saiato

Post by saiato »

Okay, here's the deal with the data draining. Remember when tsukasa got DDed? It hurt. A lot. When fighting phase battles in .hack games, Kite only gets muchos status defects when DDed. So if the monster DDs kite, kite's still kicking. Kite DDs tsukasa, it hurts. I dont think they'd even need to though, Kite can kill tsukasa in one hit.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

1)Tsukasa is cooler
3)If Tsukasa has no guardian, he would also feel no pain, since that would mean he was free of 'The World'. If he couldn't feel pain he'd pwn since Wavemaster's can do the most damage, plus casting slows down opponants.
4)If Tsukasa has a guardian the guardian doesn't need protect break. Just look at the Silver Knight when Tsukasa's guardian first appeared
1) Coolness isn't a factor.
2) Kite's Bracelet is superior to the Guardian, statistically.
3) Not true. Tsukasa lost his Guardian in the 24th episode, and wasn't freed until the 26th episode.
4)The Guardian CAN'T Protect Break. Silver Knight never went into a coma. He just fainted. The Guardians don't even possess a true version of Data Drain.
What about Bear vs Kite.
Kite, no contest.
When Tsukasa acquire the ability to data drain people by summoning a guardian. That caused a lot of trouble. I thought tsukasa was a cool character though not because of the abilities Aura gave him but of his personality most of the time and his wisdom.
Just a nitpick, it was Morganna who gave Tsukasa his powers. Aura was asleep.

Let's assume Tsukasa DID have a Guardian in this fight. Big deal. Kite's beaten Guardians before. Hell, he's beaten mutant Guardians that were 10x as strong like the one in the Mia dungeon. Tsukasa's Guardian isn't much of an ace when pitted against Kite.
Nishi

Post by Nishi »

I love Tsukasa, but I think Kite would win.
Sephiroth0812

Post by Sephiroth0812 »

They´re both nice characters...but in a battle Kite would totally own Tsukasa...no matter if there is a guardian or not...

...Kite has beaten numerous Guardians in Quarantine.
...The Guardians can´t cause Protect Break and their DD is the weakest since:
Morganna´s own DD is the strongest.
The phases and Kite´s DD is less strong
and then comes the guardians.
...Kite just need to poke Tuskasa with his dagger and he would start crying and shout "please don´t hurt me!", he doesn´t even need the bracelet...if he would use that, for Tsu it would be similar to when Morganna attacked him from the sky...

A real thrilling battle would be the two bracelets dusk (the broken first one) and daybreak (Kite´s) against each other...aka Kite vs Tri-Edge.

...or the real Kite against Haseo.

...the real Kite vs Shugo would rather be something to laugh about...
Jugatsu

Post by Jugatsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:
1)Tsukasa is cooler
3) Not true. Tsukasa lost his Guardian in the 24th episode, and wasn't freed until the 26th episode.
4)The Guardian CAN'T Protect Break. Silver Knight never went into a coma. He just fainted. The Guardians don't even possess a true version of Data Drain.
1)The first one wasn't ment to count really
2)DD strength wouldn't matter much since in the end it pretty much ends the battle
3)You got me on this one, I think my head was screwed up when phrasing it. The point was supposed to be that Tsukasa wouldn't feel pain since he was free, but if you count it after Tsukasa leaves then he doesn't have his guardian.
4)I never said his guardian sends people into a coma, I said he can DD without protect break. That and if you faint, you still lose buddy.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

2) If Kite got Data Drained, he'd just get some lame status effect or lose some HP. No big deal. If Tsukasa gets Data Drained, he'll go into a proper coma (Not being able to control either his real or virtual bodies.)
4) The Guardian needs to Protect Break. Infact, it can't Protect Break. It's not that Protect Breaking allows the usage of Data Drain, but that Protect Breaking allows someone to fall into a coma as an aftereffect. Kite cannot be Protect Broken, so the Guardian loses it's trump. Kite has taken on several Guardians at once. One won't be a problem.
Kite vs Tri-Edge.
Holy Hell, that would ROCK
A.P.Z.A.E.

Post by A.P.Z.A.E. »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Kite vs Tri-Edge.
Holy Hell, that would ROCK
That WOULD be fricken' awesome! Man, I'd love to have a front row seat to that fight!
.hack// SIGN

Well, isn't that a pickle.......

Post by .hack// SIGN »

Jugatsu wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
1)Tsukasa is cooler
1)The first one wasn't ment to count really
2)DD strength wouldn't matter much since in the end it pretty much ends the battle
3)You got me on this one, I think my head was screwed up when phrasing it. The point was supposed to be that Tsukasa wouldn't feel pain since he was free, but if you count it after Tsukasa leaves then he doesn't have his guardian.
4)I never said his guardian sends people into a coma, I said he can DD without protect break. That and if you faint, you still lose buddy.
2) Your right, Data Drain strength doesn't matter -why?- because only kite has that ability (compared to tsukasa).

3) Since there is no proof that tsukasa ever went back to play the game after awakening from her coma, you can't just say that she couldn't feel pain.....(use all past history of the game and episodes for proof, if we were to say she couldn't how do you know that her account wasn't deleted in her escape from her coma when she awoke?)

4) If we were to say that she couldn't feel pain~then yes that means no Guardian for tsukasa~however, if we say she could feel pain then yes, she would have her Guardian.......you are right- the Guardian doesn't need protect break because the Guardian is incappable of Data Draining an opponent- only leaves them unconcious for a short period of time.
Kite would loose if he were to faint, but that all depends on the one controlling kite - and how well he can hold up against the odds.

(NEW #)
5) If we were to say that unlike the Guardians encountered in the game, the ones in the episodes could shoot out spear like spikes penitraiting any type of armor or magical barrier.....so to say if we include tsukasa with her Guardian from the episodes then very quickly (unless someone was to block the shot) the Guardian could out-gun kite and his bracelet.......ultimately meaning that kite's bracelet needs a protect break for it to work, tsukasa's Guardian needs no protect break and can temporarly nock-out kite with it's spiky spear like shots that leave the victom unconcious for a period of time.
(this means tsukasa's Guardian can get right to work, leaving kite defenceless - enevitably)
S1lentOp

Re: Well, isn't that a pickle.......

Post by S1lentOp »

.hack// SIGN wrote:Since there is no proof that tsukasa ever went back to play the game after awakening from her coma, you can't just say that she couldn't feel pain.....
Um... Did you ever watch Unison?

I think Kite would win for two reasons:

1) Tsukasa isn't a very strong character and without her Guardian, which she does not have any longer, she is basically a support character. However, all Kite really does is fight. He's a Twin Blade, after all, and therefore his character's purpose is mainly close combat and he can pretty much hold is ground.

2) It doesn't really seem like Tsukasa's nature to even want to fight in the first place. In every instnce she does fight, it was in order to get away from someone. In most instances, her first resort was to run away. Again, it's not really her character to even want to fight in the first place.