What level is Tsukasa?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: What level is Tsukasa?

Post by AuraTwilight »

Why the hell would Morganna care about level? She picked Tsukasa because of his personality. Personally, the aversion to interaction and fighting, and the fact that AI Tsukasa, at level 5, is a perfect PC clone of Tsukasa at the moment he was originally Comatized, makes this an open and shut case.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

twilight_keeper wrote:TCA Azure Crow: Total Caption Addiction.

I'll go crawl back into my little corner of the forums now, the RP forums that is.

I think I made my point.
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

Yeah Yeah I just like to play with fire is all. Besides, my arguements, however wrong they may be end up leading to the truth, or at least dragging it out into broad daylight.
Dead

Post by Dead »

in the game you get Tsukasa at lvl 1. In the Anime However, Macha Tells Tsukasa that the reason he cant control his guardian is because he isnt strong enough. Thats when the rumors started circulating about a player with a monster fighting for him while he "Gained all the Experience." (-exact words from SIGN-) . Tsukasa Had to be at least at lvl 60 in the Anime, judgin by how much control he had over his guardian, and how he healed Bear, Mimiru, Silver Knight, and BT using only his items.
Shmittles The Poe

Post by Shmittles The Poe »

Dead wrote:in the game you get Tsukasa at lvl 1. In the Anime However, Macha Tells Tsukasa that the reason he cant control his guardian is because he isnt strong enough. Thats when the rumors started circulating about a player with a monster fighting for him while he "Gained all the Experience." (-exact words from SIGN-) . Tsukasa Had to be at least at lvl 60 in the Anime, judgin by how much control he had over his guardian, and how he healed Bear, Mimiru, Silver Knight, and BT using only his items.
If I remember correctly, Macha said that it was because of Tsukasa's old weaknesses (please correct me if I’m wrong). Although they’re similar, there’s a difference between it and what you said. At any rate, you can’t be sure if it even his level they were talking about to begin with.

Furthermore, that direct quote you used was from two random people discussing rumors. The reality was that Tsukasa didn’t like battling. Which, for someone who can feel pain in a game, is understandable. I seriously doubt Tsukasa was even over LV 40 when it was all said and done.
BadRPiggy

Post by BadRPiggy »

Dead wrote:in the game you get Tsukasa at lvl 1. In the Anime However, Macha Tells Tsukasa that the reason he cant control his guardian is because he isnt strong enough. Thats when the rumors started circulating about a player with a monster fighting for him while he "Gained all the Experience." (-exact words from SIGN-) . Tsukasa Had to be at least at lvl 60 in the Anime, judgin by how much control he had over his guardian, and how he healed Bear, Mimiru, Silver Knight, and BT using only his items.
Also how does him healing people with items show his level? Any noob can use holy cross.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not to mention Tsukasa's the l33t haxx0rz, and could use his Matrix Gawd Powers to pretty much do whatever he wants, so stats are kind've pointless to keep track of.
Dead

Post by Dead »

If I remember correctly, Macha said that it was because of Tsukasa's old weaknesses (please correct me if I’m wrong). Although they’re similar, there’s a difference between it and what you said. At any rate, you can’t be sure if it even his level they were talking about to begin with.

Furthermore, that direct quote you used was from two random people discussing rumors. The reality was that Tsukasa didn’t like battling. Which, for someone who can feel pain in a game, is understandable. I seriously doubt Tsukasa was even over LV 40 when it was all said and done.
Its when people say things like that that I wonder if they are even watching the same show...
Pay more attention. You Are Wrong.
Tsukasa: My Weakness? I Understand.
Sure Tsukasa didnt like battling, or upgrading items, but He didnt want the Guardian to go berserk again, so he had to level up in order to gain control. Its The Same Principle as Shugo In Legend Of The Twilight. After His Bracelet went berserk in the Cherry Blossom event, Mirea tells Shugo that he cant control his bracelet because its such a high level item and hes not strong enough. Then they proceed to level up Shugo.

Also, FAQS from the Liminality DVD Easter Eggs Prove that the Guardian was at Level 50, and that Crim is at Level 50 as well, which is why he was able to take it head on.(Sora could Easily Take it one on one as well, Being Level 99 and all.) This being said, one can only infer that in order to control the guardian, Tsukasa would have to be at Level 50 as well.

Tsukasas Power Is The Power of Morganna, the Power to warp anywhere without the use of a gate, and to walk through area boundaries, i wouldnt say he could do Whatever he wants, I would say he can do Just Enough.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

ts when people say things like that that I wonder if they are even watching the same show...
Pay more attention. You Are Wrong.
Tsukasa: My Weakness? I Understand.
Sure Tsukasa didnt like battling, or upgrading items, but He didnt want the Guardian to go berserk again, so he had to level up in order to gain control. Its The Same Principle as Shugo In Legend Of The Twilight. After His Bracelet went berserk in the Cherry Blossom event, Mirea tells Shugo that he cant control his bracelet because its such a high level item and hes not strong enough. Then they proceed to level up Shugo.
Shugo levelling up to control the Bracelet never happens in the manga, the canon version, so it doesn't matter. Furthermore, all we see Tsukasa doing is training with the actual Guardian in an EMPTY field, teaching it commands. He's training his heart. Direct translations of the original Japanese even call it "The weakness of his heart."

you FAIL.
Also, FAQS from the Liminality DVD Easter Eggs Prove that the Guardian was at Level 50, and that Crim is at Level 50 as well, which is why he was able to take it head on.(Sora could Easily Take it one on one as well, Being Level 99 and all.) This being said, one can only infer that in order to control the guardian, Tsukasa would have to be at Level 50 as well.
The Liminality DVD Easter Eggs aren't canon, and Crim has maxed out stats like Sora. Furthermore, Tsukasa controls the Guardian the same way the Epitaph Users control the Avatars. Level has nothing to do with it, and indeed, level is COUNTERPRODUCTIVE to Morganna's plan.
Tsukasas Power Is The Power of Morganna, the Power to warp anywhere without the use of a gate, and to walk through area boundaries, i wouldnt say he could do Whatever he wants, I would say he can do Just Enough.
Sure, on the surface. But Tsukasa telepathically contacted Subaru on one occasion, and he'd directly linked to Aura and is even implied to manifest some of her power. That, alone with the proven tenet that human minds have a direct effect on Za Warudo in a telekinetic fashion, and there's no theoretical limit to Tsukasa's power except for his own self-imposed subconscious limitations.
Dead

Post by Dead »

damn. maybe i should just stop coming here if my posts are just going to get slapped around.
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Dead wrote:damn. maybe i should just stop coming here if my posts are just going to get slapped around.
Tough Noogies.

AT is a very stubborn person XD

Unless you can actually disprove him then get prepared for every theory in .hack humanity to be question or slapped around.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

We were debating. If I can disprove your argument, I'm going to for the sake of spreading accurate information. Don't get discouraged.
Shmittles The Poe

Dead wrote:Also, FAQS from the Liminality DVD Easter Eggs Prove...
XD
man I love this place.

Anyway, AT took care of the rest. I'm afraid that there are very few definite facts that can point towards Tsukasa’s actual level. In the end, it’s really just anyone’s guess.

Personally, I’d guess in the 20s.

I don’t think he’d level very high, but AT’s point about him having no limitations seems a little too exaggerated around here for my tastes.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s all possible. It’s true that Tsukasa works outside the game’s rules, but it would appear that he could only do so after Morgana gives him that power. Tsukasa doesn’t seem like the kind of person to ask for a bunch of fancy powers, so that’s why I tend to doubt his lack of limits.
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Shmittles The Poe wrote:Don’t get me wrong, it’s all possible. It’s true that Tsukasa works outside the game’s rules, but it would appear that he could only do so after Morgana gives him that power. Tsukasa doesn’t seem like the kind of person to ask for a bunch of fancy powers, so that’s why I tend to doubt his lack of limits.
I recall him getting beaten by...

Hunters.

Crim.

Silver Knight.

....am I missing any?

Crim and Silver Knight I could call high level but Hunters...ehhh, even Versing 3. I'm not sure, I think he played for a while considering his(>.> I know) reality and probably is somewhere in the High Beginner but not Intermediate class.

Even if he was high level it wouldn't matter, Wavemasters are like Clerics/Macabre Dancers in G.U. and fairly weak against assaulting types.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don’t think he’d level very high, but AT’s point about him having no limitations seems a little too exaggerated around here for my tastes.
I'm not saying he doesn't have stats to follow or anything, just that he....doesn't need to follow them. For example, the speed stat. Most people could go faster if they level it up more, but Tsukasa could just pump his legs a lot more and gain speed that way, or his defense is completely depended on how well he can dodge and parry, not a number. You don't have stats in the real world to enhance or hinder your physical abilities, and neither does Tsukasa.
Shmittles The Poe

AuraTwilight wrote:I'm not saying he doesn't have stats to follow or anything, just that he....doesn't need to follow them. For example, the speed stat. Most people could go faster if they level it up more, but Tsukasa could just pump his legs a lot more and gain speed that way, or his defense is completely depended on how well he can dodge and parry, not a number. You don't have stats in the real world to enhance or hinder your physical abilities, and neither does Tsukasa.
I understand what you mean AT, but I was talking more about comments like this:
AuraTwilight wrote:Not to mention Tsukasa's the l33t haxx0rz, and could use his Matrix Gawd Powers to pretty much do whatever he wants, so stats are kind've pointless to keep track of.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, when I said that, I was talking about his stats. Do you honestly think I was implying he could materialize a blimp made of cheese, or something?

In a way, he can do pretty much whatever he wants, though. He could jump off a cliff and see what's down there, or pull out some weeds and thus alter the graphics, or stab a Grunty to death and see if there's blood inside, etc.
Shmittles The Poe

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, when I said that, I was talking about his stats. Do you honestly think I was implying he could materialize a blimp made of cheese, or something?
No, I understand what you meant.

AuraTwilight wrote:In a way, he can do pretty much whatever he wants, though. He could jump off a cliff and see what's down there, or pull out some weeds and thus alter the graphics, or stab a Grunty to death and see if there's blood inside, etc.
Indeed
Dead

Post by Dead »

Marioshinobi wrote:I recall him getting beaten by...

Hunters.

Crim.

Silver Knight.

....am I missing any?
I own The box set and i dont recall him beaing beaten by any hunters... Unless you are counting the Crimson Knights the bound him and took him to that protected dungeon. if you are referring to the Party of Lance Hunter Girls, I do recall that is the episode where Tsukasa reAlizes he cant control the guardian completely. IE: the guardian kills the bleeding pulp out of those lance hunter chicks, while Tsukasa simply looks on in horror and keeps saying "Stop it thats enough! Please... GUARDIAN!!!"
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Yah those three girls.

^^;

I didn't know their names or what else to describe them as so I just chose hunters XD