Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

BadRPiggy

Post by BadRPiggy »

Level 99 why? CUZ HE WAS BADASS!!!!!!
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

BadRPiggy wrote:Level 99 why? CUZ HE WAS BADASS!!!!!!
I can relate.
The .hack newbie

Post by The .hack newbie »

Azure crow wrote:
The .hack newbie wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:1) Level 0 isn't possible. (Data Drain brings monsters to level 1)
2) Tsukasa can fight, he just sucks at it.
3)He defies things about the system, but statistics isn't one of them. According to the Tsukasa AI's statistics, his level should be 15 or 5 (forget which one).
4) "Tsukasa" is a he.
oh lol my bad but how many episodes are there i got to 19 then adult swim on demand took it off
9 whole episodes..... those evil bastards
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

He in game, she in rl. I usually in mmorpg's call then by what they are in rl rather than what gender there char is, but thats just me.
Yes, but during the events of Sign, Tsukasa exists entirely within Za Warudo, and is thus identified as a male due to his male PC. You wouldn't call some guy a chick because he played a girl in a game.
The .hack newbie

Post by The .hack newbie »

AuraTwilight wrote:
He in game, she in rl. I usually in mmorpg's call then by what they are in rl rather than what gender there char is, but thats just me.
Yes, but during the events of Sign, Tsukasa exists entirely within Za Warudo, and is thus identified as a male due to his male PC. You wouldn't call some guy a chick because he played a girl in a game.
and i wouldnt call some chick a guy just because her PC is a dude
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

But that chick THINKS she's a guy and is in a guy's "body" in the only world she can interact with and see. Tsukasa is a male in Za Warudo.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

AuraTwilight wrote:But that chick THINKS she's a guy and is in a guy's "body" in the only world she can interact with and see. Tsukasa is a male in Za Warudo.
Indeed.
A woman trapped in a mans body is still a man.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: What level is Tsukasa?

Post by AuraTwilight »

Especially when that woman thinks, acts, behaves, and believes she's A Man
Shmittles The Poe

Post by Shmittles The Poe »

Well, she thinks, acts, behaves, and believes she's A Man for the majority of the show, but not in the end. Normally I'd refer to Tsukasa as a male, but i don't see the problem with calling him a her due to obvious circumstances.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, for one thing, it's a spoiler, which is usually a no no in casual conversation, and even if he does realize his true identity in the end, it doesn't really change anything. It's not like the Tsukasa PC suddenly grew chesticles.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Here's how I see it. Tsukasa is male. Shouji An is female. It's really that simple.

.. Didn't there used to be a different topic here?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's called topic evolution, Biccy.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

AuraTwilight wrote:It's called topic evolution, Biccy.
One of the many great parts of debate
Well, she thinks, acts, behaves, and believes she's A Man for the majority of the show, but not in the end. Normally I'd refer to Tsukasa as a male, but i don't see the problem with calling him a her due to obvious circumstances.
Tsukasa,the character,remains unedited and a male at the end,so Tsukasa never made the attepmt to change it.
Keeping this in mind,IRL Tsukasa has chosen to be a male in The World,and should be talked about as such.
Alkaid_loves_Haseo
Arena Empress
Arena Empress

Post by Alkaid_loves_Haseo »

True, Tsukasa acts like a man but only because she was comatose and had no clue what was going on. As much as I hate it that Tsukasa is a girl(Tsukasa and Subaru were my fav. couple), there is no denying the fact that he is a she.

I believe her level was reletively low, but not too low. I agree with those who say between 5-20 or so.
.hack//Subaru

Post by .hack//Subaru »

Tsukasa's level. Hmmm.

I'd guess somewhere around the higher levels.

Here's how I see it. Tsukasa in some of the final episodes was healing Mimiru, Bear, etc. with what I 'assume' was spells. So he'd have to at least decently good equipment.

Well now that I think about it... it is possible for Tsukasa to be a low level but have high stats do to his weapon. Remember in Quarantine (YES I know it was a data remnant, but still it 'was' a 'clone') Tsukasa's staff was a rare weapon called "Ludicrious". (though I can't remember what level it was, 89 or 90 something...)

So we know that Morganna gave him a good weapon seeing as how his weapon was unchanged throughout the whole series and kept the same in quarantine, so maybe Morganna gave him high stats also?
Alkaid_loves_Haseo
Arena Empress
Arena Empress

Tsukasa hated fighting and usually kept near low leveled areas or mostly in Aura's chamber, so she probably wouldn't be high leveled from that and if Subaru was right with the prevous post, I don't think that just because she could heal them, doesn't mean she was high leveled. ON the game, Infection, my first levl 1 character knows Repth and has level 6 or so equipment. Also, higher weapons on a data fragment doesn't result in the original being high stat seeing as how she was an exception to most of the World's rules and such. I'm not saying this to make people think wrongly about other people's posts, especially .hack//Subaru since I used a refrance to yours. I'm sorry if it seems that way. This is just my thinking.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

If Tsukasa was of a higher level (or at least had higher level powers), it was granted to him by Morgana. Throughout the entire series he never seems interested in actually playing the game. He just uses it as a way of escaping his real life. He even says himself that he's not interested in trying to get good equipment because he's "not interested in that sort of thing." Since Morgana's priority was keeping Tsukasa alive, it would be reasonable to believe that she gave him more than just a guardian to keep him alive in the game. Remember, he's a unique character so anything is possible really. The only other way his ability to heal higher level characters like Mimiru and Bear would be that he did some serious grinding in order to protect Subaru.

I doubt, though, that he was a higher level throughout the entire series without Morgana's help for the sole reason that he (as well as Subaru) had no interest whatsoever in improving their character in order to advance in the game because that wasn't their reason for playing the game; it was to escape from real life.
.hack//Subaru

Post by .hack//Subaru »

Alkaid_loves_Haseo wrote:Tsukasa hated fighting and usually kept near low leveled areas or mostly in Aura's chamber, so she probably wouldn't be high leveled from that and if Subaru was right with the prevous post, I don't think that just because she could heal them, doesn't mean she was high leveled. ON the game, Infection, my first levl 1 character knows Repth and has level 6 or so equipment. Also, higher weapons on a data fragment doesn't result in the original being high stat seeing as how she was an exception to most of the World's rules and such. I'm not saying this to make people think wrongly about other people's posts, especially .hack//Subaru since I used a refrance to yours. I'm sorry if it seems that way. This is just my thinking.
No problem at all ^_^, never took offence.

It's true he, erm she, did not like fighting much, so that left not much time for training.

I've got a question about his stats and how it'd work though.

How would Tsukasas magic def and physical attack defence work if he can feel pain? Would something hurt less if his def was higher?
Maybe his ability to feel pain was proof that his def stat never raised at all. Remember when Mimiru slapped Tsukasa? He cried because it hurt. Assuming that was an emote action and that his def played a part in that and it hurt him... maybe his def is low... or non-existant.

Or maybe he just simply has no stats what so ever... Sure she's got a high level weapon called ludicrous but why would Tsukasa's character start so low in quarantine if Sora's was so high?

Remember Subaru's character and Tsukasa's; they played the game to not fight or train, but to just enjoy 'The World'.
Sora fought all the time and trained to PK.

So the data remnants from Quarantine might be more accurate than we thought?

Man I completely changed my view.
Alkaid_loves_Haseo
Arena Empress
Arena Empress

Glad you didn't take offense, Subaru! :D

That's a good question. I don't think she really had stats, and if so, she didn't pay attention to them. I mean, that was her real world and there are no pop up menu's in a real world, so how could she change stats and such? I think she just wasn't able to change stats and stuff, so she was still a low level, even with fighting occasionlly.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

How would Tsukasas magic def and physical attack defence work if he can feel pain? Would something hurt less if his def was higher?
Maybe his ability to feel pain was proof that his def stat never raised at all. Remember when Mimiru slapped Tsukasa? He cried because it hurt. Assuming that was an emote action and that his def played a part in that and it hurt him... maybe his def is low... or non-existant.
He'd take less damage, but still feel pain. You're not damaged if you stub your toe, but it still hurts, right?
Or maybe he just simply has no stats what so ever... Sure she's got a high level weapon called ludicrous but why would Tsukasa's character start so low in quarantine if Sora's was so high?
Having no stats is a programming nightmare. It'd much rather believe they were made infinite or maxed out or something a la the Data Bugs. As for why his AI clone is so weak, it's a merging of all the copies Helba flushed out of Net Slum, and those clones were made of Tsukasa before he ever went comatose and thus before any stat altering took place.
That's a good question. I don't think she really had stats, and if so, she didn't pay attention to them. I mean, that was her real world and there are no pop up menu's in a real world, so how could she change stats and such? I think she just wasn't able to change stats and stuff, so she was still a low level, even with fighting occasionlly.
Stats raise whether or not you consciously intervene.