help me!! .hack//luminality, should i watch or not?!?!

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

black_feather000

help me!! .hack//luminality, should i watch or not?!?!

Post by black_feather000 »

i paid visit to my local gamestop, when i saw the rest of the set of the .hack games [used] and there was a "buy 2 get one free" special so i bought them[i am currently in the middle of //mutation]. what im wondering is if i watch the last ova will it reveal some sort of spoiler for the game? i need to know couse im tempted to watch the last one, but i dont know if i should.................HELP!
xeno

Re: help me!! .hack//luminality, should i watch or not?!?!

Post by xeno »

black_feather000 wrote:i paid visit to my local gamestop, when i saw the rest of the set of the .hack games [used] and there was a "buy 2 get one free" special so i bought them[i am currently in the middle of //mutation]. what im wondering is if i watch the last ova will it reveal some sort of spoiler for the game? i need to know couse im tempted to watch the last one, but i dont know if i should.................HELP!
it does not reveal any spoiler that I am aware of but, it does make more scence if you play through all of the games before watching all oav's though.
ForbiddenEpic

Post by ForbiddenEpic »

the OVA are completely unrelated to the games except for the common points... they arn't even set in "The World"
tasigin

Post by tasigin »

the closest thing you get to a spoiler is some of the final scenes of mutation in the opening theme of the movie. i just finished it for the second time and watched half way through because i was tempted but if you dont know what your looking for or looking at it wont be a spoiler.
xeno

Post by xeno »

ForbiddenEpic wrote:the OVA are completely unrelated to the games except for the common points... they arn't even set in "The World"
that's not true
 in the last episode of Liminality Mai ,Tokuoka,Bith,
Yuki,and,Kyoko all go to a CC corp building on a man-made island(or something like that)and set it up so that the server at the end wont crash during the fight with Corbenik because if the server had crased then the coma victoms would have been killed
even though it is at the end
they still have relavence to the games
MasterKite
Location: Trying to master the art of walking on water..so far..unsuccessful

Post by MasterKite »

You can go ahead and watch it. It does make alot more sense if you play the games but it wouldn't really spoil anything at all. Alot of people watch all of .hack//Liminality and haven't played the game and they seem to understand everything fine.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

The conversation is one reason you should buy them.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Just watch it and i don't think there are any real good spoilers unless if you listen very closely some info from it can be heared again in the game. But really each episodes goes with the game like if you're in Mutation then the second episode goes by it.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

The movies asnwer question that are attach to other. That's why I watch them every once in a while.