So, who exactly is that woman in the SIGN opening?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Trinian

So, who exactly is that woman in the SIGN opening?

Post by Trinian »

Here's something I've always wondered, in the opening of the series, who's the woman moving around at the very beginning then looking at Aura above a city at the very end?

At first I thought it might be An, but then again she has short hair. It's not Subaru/Mariko because she has black/dark blue hair.

Pardon me if I'm being thick and there's a really obvious answer. ^^;
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: So, who exactly is that woman in the SIGN opening?

Post by Kuukai »

It's the abstract concept of a player logging in, according to Newtype...
Arrow Alpha

Post by Arrow Alpha »

Isn't there ven a single chance it is helga the one logging in? Realising how the character stops "logging in" in front of Aura.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I don't think it's Helba... or at least there's nothing really stating that she is. I always thought it's just a representation of a random player. It's nothing terribly deep.
Trinian

Post by Trinian »

The thought of it being Helba crossed my mind at one point, but I always got the feeling that she was actually a he...
Well, even if it is just a random player, at least I know now. x3
AnubisGem

Post by AnubisGem »

xD
There's a discussion of this through youtube comments, on a //SIGN theme song. Some of the people think it's Helba.. o.o; Here's what someone said,
At the end of .hack//GIFT she becomes Helba who later in SIGN gave information to the main characters by giving them hints to get into The Inverted Castle where AI Harald was located. At the later stage, Helba opened a Helba Gate, which gave them access to Net Slum. Which is basically were the Sign series ends and you have to play the game to further the story. Hope this helps some ^_^
I haven't seen passed //SIGN, so I'm not sure of the accuracy of this. ^ ^;
For now, I'm gonna say... it's Helba. xD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

She might or might not be Helba, it kinda depends on your own personal point of view, but i can assure you that this is DEFINETLY NOT any kind of concrete proof to say she's Helba:
AnubisGem wrote:At the end of .hack//GIFT she becomes Helba
.Hack//GIFT is a parody, which doesn't follow the original story at all, and the events of it doesn't have any important significance to the actual story. It's non-canon, and you could say, an "alternate timeline" at best. So you shouldn't believe that such woman is Helba just because it says so in GIFT...unless of course, you also want to consider THIS as a serious and real fact:
Yep, that's .Hack//GIFT. And yes...that's Balmung. lol

And as a bit of a helpful advice:
There's a discussion of this through youtube comments
Unless the YouTube comment comes from someone such like "MasterZED", "EtherealDeath", or "SorrowKun" (...nah, forget about SorrowKun, he's such a moron. lol), i wouldn't take ANY of the comments involved in .Hack discussions seriously. To say this in the nicest way i can...YT users have such a great "infamy" when it comes to discussions about .Hack, and tend to be wrong about 90% of the time.
AnubisGem

Post by AnubisGem »

OhhhHhhHhhh, so THAT's what //GIFT is... ROFL.
Thanks for clearing that up. And yeah, now I notice that the YT comments are mostly speculations that are presented as truths. O_o;
So if the character's not Helba, I'm gonna say the same, that it must be a random player~