What was .hack//sign like on Toonami?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Tack

What was .hack//sign like on Toonami?

Post by Tack »

Was it any different or edited when it first appeared on Toonami? I remember only seeing the commercials and then watching it at midnight, so someone here might know?
N3IWVC

Re: What was .hack//sign like on Toonami?

Post by N3IWVC »

Oh man that was a long time ago. I don't remember very well but I don't remember it being edited much if at all.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Yeah, what ^ said. I don't remember any editing, and I dont really see a reason for it. Only thing I can think of it I'm almost positive they didn't show Unison or Intermezzo.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Iirc they aired it in the proper order, which confused people when the DVDs came out and the recap episode was on the last disc... That isn't a change vs. the Japanese version but it is vs. the DVDs...

I also heard they cut off the final scene of Udeden but I can't say for sure if that's true because I know people who watched it on DVD and turned it off, missing the end. It seems to be a common problem...
Tack

Post by Tack »

Kuukai wrote:Iirc they aired it in the proper order, which confused people when the DVDs came out and the recap episode was on the last disc... That isn't a change vs. the Japanese version but it is vs. the DVDs...

I also heard they cut off the final scene of Udeden but I can't say for sure if that's true because I know people who watched it on DVD and turned it off, missing the end. It seems to be a common problem...
On the DVDs? :?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, Tack, read better.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Tack wrote:
Kuukai wrote:Iirc they aired it in the proper order, which confused people when the DVDs came out and the recap episode was on the last disc... That isn't a change vs. the Japanese version but it is vs. the DVDs...

What do you mean?
Tack

Post by Tack »

Kuukai wrote:
Tack wrote:

What do you mean?
I mean did they cut the last scene on the DVDs, because why would they? It'ds like the English version of season one of Slayers on the last episode.

If you play it in japanese and wait after the credits, you get a final scene, but they never DUBBED it so dub cuts it off.

I'm just saying it's sloppy if they did it. :?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

No, on the DVDs it's fine, but most fans just turned it off before the credits ended...
Tack

Post by Tack »

Kuukai wrote:No, on the DVDs it's fine, but most fans just turned it off before the credits ended...
Good, because Bandai would be getting a letter from an angry fan. :)

Not like the give a damn.