Tsukasa's Mother.

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

I don't remember Morganna ever explaining anything about his mother to him... I know she decieved him into thinking she was his mother's spirit (entity or whatever you want to call it), but the only mention of his mother was through his own words and flashbacks. If you care to give me the episode that you think this occurred, than please tell me and I'll check it out.
Haro
Location: hangin with sawo on the otherside of the hybrid rainbow...

Post by Haro »

morganna never said anything about tsukasas mother, tsukasa called her it, but morganna never stated it. What i was saying was that how i remembered it, morganna told tsukasa the story for the first time, not tsukasa remembering it... unless im wrong.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

Haro wrote:morganna never said anything about tsukasas mother, tsukasa called her it, but morganna never stated it. What i was saying was that how i remembered it, morganna told tsukasa the story for the first time, not tsukasa remembering it... unless im wrong.
Again, where does she explain all this? Secondly, the fact that Tsukasa believed she was his mother, even though she never said it, only supports the theory that she decieved him by using his memories of his mother to mimic her voice.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

but didnt tsukasa not know the story? i remember that morganna explained it to her because she dident know it, or am i wrong?
Probably because he forgot it when he got AMNESIA!
Apple

Post by Apple »

since i started watching .hack//sign at like episode 5ish and missed episode 10 or was it 9...forgot, anways, i always thought Macha or Maha was Tsukasa's mom -_- because in one episode, Morganna was talking, and Maha's mouth was moving, so i thought to myself "How can Tskuasa have a mother trapped in a game, and was a cat?!? o.O"
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Nope. Tsukasa's mom is dead. Maha was merely an AI that Morganna was using to manipulate Tsukasa.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

AuraTwilight wrote:Nope. Tsukasa's mom is dead. Maha was merely an AI that Morganna was using to manipulate Tsukasa.
Exactly. And of course, in the end, Maha rebels against Morganna to help save Tsukasa.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

i'm pretty sure that morganna explain's the story of the little murmaid in ep 13, if not episode 12.i was watching through the series and i'm up to ep 16 after the upside down dungeon with harold(very creepy scene).

i remeber that morganna said it just before he decided on waking up aura, not himself.

morganna used tsukassa's dead mother as an alabi for the fact that she couldn't be seen. as for the thing with the voice, even the badguy's can have a nice tone of voice if they want. in fact i don't even think her voice change's that much, except for when she's angery(very scary!!)

sidenote:as for maha, it was so cool and at the same time frustrating. the first time you here it speak is when it get's DD by the blueish gaurdian's and he scream's his lung's off :cry:
Tri-Edge_Helba

Post by Tri-Edge_Helba »

well i thought morganna was his mom...
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Nope, just a cruel reminder, it is implied that Morganna, force fed that memory shard into Tsukasa, at that time to make it seem a little more reasonable. Tsukasa, would blindly follow his dead mother, Morganna's mistake was just like that of his dad's. She didn't pay enough attention to Tsukasa which drove her from Morganna's sight, she began to have doubts, and Morganna's only "motherly advice" is to stay away from the search of the Key of the Twilight. Told in the story of the Little Mermaid.

Another large downfall of Morganna, is her oh so whimsy temper, which is another large reason Tsukasa turns away from her. One thing screws up in her plan and she goes to the extreme. "Tsukasa, it seems you were leaving here, so I tied her down instead. (referring to Aura, wrapped in thorns) So she can't go anywhere." Because of her utter anxiousness and her impatient self, she drove Tsukasa away, and ultimately drove him to find the Key of the Twilight.

This is also the first appearance of Morganna's "Data Bugs". I would like to type more regarding the relationship of Tsukasa and Morganna, but I've had a mind lapse, I'll post again later, if I remember anymore.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Couldn't of said it better myself, Xu Yuan.

To sum it all up, Morganna is cruel and heartless, and has no qualms playing with someone's emotions and memories in such an unforgivable way :P