ep 28 *WARNIGN POSSIBLE SIGN,GAMES,GU,AND ROOTS SPOILERS

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

xthform22

ep 28 *WARNIGN POSSIBLE SIGN,GAMES,GU,AND ROOTS SPOILERS

Post by xthform22 »

okay we all know sora gets data drained by skeith and loses his memory then wakes up some 5-7 years later and plays R:2 as haseo anyway my real question(just remeber the only games ive played are outbreak and the gu series)
here goes:

in episode 28 everyone kind of gets to gether for a "party/reunion" well they join at netslum and everyones dancing sora the loner and fourth grader he is is um whats the word ah yes weeping in a corner at netslum when tsukasa finds him askin if theyre freinds they agree they are freinds and start dancing

some of you may be saying whats wrong?well:WHY IS SORA THERE HE SHOULD BE IN A COMA please correct me if im wrong but i thought he lost his memory i swa his ai in outbreak and he says "thank you" but i still thought he didnt even wake up for a couple of years and even still he LOST HIS MEMORY! PLEASE TELL ME/CORRECT ME ABOUT WHAT IS WRONG HERE
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Re: ep 28 *WARNIGN POSSIBLE SIGN,GAMES,GU,AND ROOTS SPOILERS

Post by FallenDragon »

...Wasn't this already cleared in another topic? I can't remember. Anyway, Unison (the OVA you are talking about) is non-canon; and also, that Sora could have been an AI.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Sora woke up the same time everyone else did, he didn't stay in a coma for YEARS. However, when he woke up, he lost his memories of Za Warudo, and it's implied those lost memories became the Sora AI.

However, in my opinion, Sora's presence isn't the only thing wrong with Unison, so I, and a vast number of other .hack fans, consider Unison to be non-canon. It never actually happened.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

I'm curious to know what else you find wrong with Unison other than Sora's presence (and possibly the bizarre dancing...).
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well the lack of the Tsukasa/Subaru AI's bothered me, and a lot of the characterization seemed to be glossed over at parts. The characters didn't feel in character, and a lot of dialogue had been forced. One example that comes to mind is BT mentioning Morganna by name, even though she never learned it, or (as awesome as it was) Balmung going, "This shindig looks like the bomb-diggity" or even just Tsukasa and Subaru waving to Aura in recognition, even though they don't know her in that form. Like...I could TELL it was a big fanservice, and it doesn't really mesh into the series at all for me.
Shmittles The Poe

Post by Shmittles The Poe »

I've never really thought of the Sora/Tsukasa/Subaru AIs as being part of the actual story. They seem more like bonuses for fans to me. I could be wrong, but have they ever been mentioned in any other portion of the .hack universe?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Shmittles The Poe wrote:I've never really thought of the Sora/Tsukasa/Subaru AIs as being part of the actual story. They seem more like bonuses for fans to me. I could be wrong, but have they ever been mentioned in any other portion of the .hack universe?
Well, they were given origins in .hack//Analysis, if that's any help. The Tsukasa one was created from all the Tsukasa clones compiled together that we see in .hack//Sign's Net Slum, Subaru's AI was caused by Subaru holding Aura's hand during the server crash,and Sora's AI was created as a result of being bonded with Skeith. Due to the whole Haseo thing, Shinsou and I theorize that Sora's/Ryou's mind split in half. The "Sora" part survived as the AI, while the real life Ryou, with amnesia of Za Warudo, grew up to become Haseo.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

...Te only one I don't get is Subaru's AI
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:...Te only one I don't get is Subaru's AI
Well, Subaru was holding Aura's hand when the plug on Net Slum was pulled. This apparently caused an error that caused a duplicate of Subaru's consciousness and PC to be dumped into the system. Zero helps to illustrate that in her fetal, undeveloped state (Sign form), Aura's powers are very erratic and dangerous, as she's still learning how to use and control them, causing effects such as server crashes when she's upset or frightened, or causing permanent data damage to PCs that harass her.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Damn now I wanna read Zero... lol too bad I might not ever get too. Did Aura make any other clones?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not that we know of. Especially since Zero is apparently discontinued, never to be finished, with it's canonicity left in the air.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

so it's like half canon, have never to be found out and ruled as bullsh*t?
shadow of skeith

Post by shadow of skeith »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:so it's like half canon, have never to be found out and ruled as bullsh*t?
Well, another way to tell that Unison was non-canon was the fact that //INFECTION began right after the deaths of Sora, Tsukasa, and others as Skeith was ordered to follow Aura by Morganna shortly after Sora was Data Drained. In //INFECTION, Kite and Orca were running through the dungeon of a level one field, until they saw Aura being chased by Skeith. Shortly after that, they were warped into another field as they saw Aura appear in front of them. Orca, the one who was supposed to bear the bracelet, was data drained by Skeith shortly after he recieved the book. Leaving Kite the only hope after Helba saved him from Skeith's Data Draining wrath. She gave him the book soon after. Thus, the start of a legend's path.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:so it's like half canon, have never to be found out and ruled as bullsh*t?
Well, it's not ruled as ****, as it is referenced by later installments, but some mysteries are a bit in the air, and there's some details that could be contradicting canon, but we don't know since it's never been resolved. Canon, but can't be relied on much.
Well, another way to tell that Unison was non-canon was the fact that //INFECTION began right after the deaths of Sora, Tsukasa, and others as Skeith was ordered to follow Aura by Morganna shortly after Sora was Data Drained.
Deaths? What?
In //INFECTION, Kite and Orca were running through the dungeon of a level one field, until they saw Aura being chased by Skeith. Shortly after that, they were warped into another field as they saw Aura appear in front of them. Orca, the one who was supposed to bear the bracelet, was data drained by Skeith shortly after he recieved the book. Leaving Kite the only hope after Helba saved him from Skeith's Data Draining wrath. She gave him the book soon after. Thus, the start of a legend's path.
Yea, so? We all know that, what's your point?
shadow of skeith

AuraTwilight wrote:
Well, it's not ruled as ****, as it is referenced by later installments, but some mysteries are a bit in the air, and there's some details that could be contradicting canon, but we don't know since it's never been resolved. Canon, but can't be relied on much.
Well, another way to tell that Unison was non-canon was the fact that //INFECTION began right after the deaths of Sora, Tsukasa, and others as Skeith was ordered to follow Aura by Morganna shortly after Sora was Data Drained.
Deaths? What?
In //INFECTION, Kite and Orca were running through the dungeon of a level one field, until they saw Aura being chased by Skeith. Shortly after that, they were warped into another field as they saw Aura appear in front of them. Orca, the one who was supposed to bear the bracelet, was data drained by Skeith shortly after he recieved the book. Leaving Kite the only hope after Helba saved him from Skeith's Data Draining wrath. She gave him the book soon after. Thus, the start of a legend's path.
Yea, so? We all know that, what's your point?
They died in the game, not in real life. Sora was killed by Skeith, Tsukasa by his own gaurdian, and Bear from a collasping bridge. The point of that trip down memory lane about //INFECTION proves that there is no way in hell that Kite had his red suit and bracelet in .hack//UNISON, since it was before //INFECTION, which proves that //UNISON was non-canon.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Unison happens AFTER IMOQ. Just because it's also part of .Hack//SIGN it means than it happens at the same time everything else in SIGN happens (you have the same thing with Intermezzo, which happens before SIGN's events). It could most likely be non-canon indeed, but whether it is or not, its still after IMOQ story-wise.
shadow of skeith

TheSorrow wrote:Unison happens AFTER IMOQ. Just because it's also part of .Hack//SIGN it means than it happens at the same time everything else in SIGN happens (you have the same thing with Intermezzo, which happens before SIGN's events). It could most likely be non-canon indeed, but whether it is or not, its still after IMOQ story-wise.
So besides Kite, Balmung, Orca, Mistral, Elk, and blackrose, were all the other characters AI'S then?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

No, they were the real characters who were invited by Helba to have a party in Net Slum to celebrate that The World was saved, or meet the .hackers, or something like that.
shadow of skeith

TheSorrow wrote:No, they were the real characters who were invited by Helba to have a party in Net Slum to celebrate that The World was saved, or meet the .hackers, or something like that.
Heh, that's wierd. I could have sworn that the dancing Sora was an A.I.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

shadow of skeith wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:No, they were the real characters who were invited by Helba to have a party in Net Slum to celebrate that The World was saved, or meet the .hackers, or something like that.
Heh, that's wierd. I could have sworn that the dancing Sora was an A.I.
No, Sora was real. Which means that Unison is non-canon BECAUSE Sora never returned to Za Warudo. Infact, he received amnesia, and his parents never let him play again.