Coincidence?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Kazekun

Re: Coincidence?

Post by Kazekun »

As people have already pointed out they're for resistor cables. BUT a good storyteller (or a sneaky master of disguise) could always sneak that in and make it not JUST stand for resistor cables. Good stories have hidden foreshadowing, and are good at sneaking things in without anyone noticing (hidden foreshadowing). I'm not saying this does stand for more than just resistor cables, but there's also the chance that R1, and R2 were also hidden foreshadowing that are references to The World (original version) and The World R:2.

Ya never know, it's possible. But wether that's the case, I cannot say.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I highly doubt it, as the GU series wasn't even IMAGINED by the time of .hack//Sign.
Admilu

Post by Admilu »

FallenDragon wrote:The reason why Tsukasa-Elk and Bear-Orca look the same is because of the PC model they chose, it's the same with Mimiru-Blackrose, Shino-Atoli, etc...coincidence? I think they are just pointing out that it is a MMORPG and that usually happens.
Oh, I see. My bad.

Would that be the same thing as Aura-Licorice? I noticed they both have an 'Infanite' symbol on them and after what you've said I thought that it could be a similar thing to how the characters are similar. Do you know anything about that?
Kazekun

Post by Kazekun »

AuraTwilight wrote:I highly doubt it, as the GU series wasn't even IMAGINED by the time of .hack//Sign.
It's still an amazing coincidence. :wink:
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Admilu wrote:Would that be the same thing as Aura-Licorice? I noticed they both have an 'Infanite' symbol on them and after what you've said I thought that it could be a similar thing to how the characters are similar. Do you know anything about that?
Her name is Lycoris.
She was a prototype for Aura, supposed to be the Ultimate AI but instead became a vangrant AI (way more developed and advanced than the rest). It's very different from just sharing character model, since both Lycoris and Aura aren't PCs at all and don't follow any base in specific (if any, Aura had a base on Lycoris but the looks are very different). The infinite symbol is because both were destined to be the Ultimate AI.
Admilu

Post by Admilu »

TheSorrow wrote:
Admilu wrote:Would that be the same thing as Aura-Licorice? I noticed they both have an 'Infanite' symbol on them and after what you've said I thought that it could be a similar thing to how the characters are similar. Do you know anything about that?
Her name is Lycoris.
She was a prototype for Aura, supposed to be the Ultimate AI but instead became a vangrant AI (way more developed and advanced than the rest). It's very different from just sharing character model, since both Lycoris and Aura aren't PCs at all and don't follow any base in specific (if any, Aura had a base on Lycoris but the looks are very different). The infinite symbol is because both were destined to be the Ultimate AI.
Sorry for spelling her name wrong.

Well that all makes sense and I suppose that ties into the sleeping girl that Tsukasa meets right?

But I don't remember all that stuff about Lycorice and Aura in any of the series I've read/watched/played ( :shock: Dot hack truely is a huge series huh?). Not that I don't believe you it's just I would like to know where you get your information from.
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

That's because Lycoris is from the AI Buster novels, as far as I remember that character doesn't appear in any other place. And you can find this info on the dothack wiki.
Admilu

Post by Admilu »

FallenDragon wrote:That's because Lycoris is from the AI Buster novels, as far as I remember that character doesn't appear in any other place. And you can find this info on the dothack wiki.
Sorry, I spelled her name wrong again -_-"

Yeah I know she's only in one series just wonderin' where the info came from.

Dothack wiki huh? You mean type in dothack on wikipedia???
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

...I blame this on myself for not giving a link.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/.hack//Wiki

There you go.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

TheSorrow wrote:
Her name is Lycoris.
No, she wasn't. Harald himself said that Lycoris never had the capability of becoming Aura. She was no different from any other Vagrant AI except that she wanted to be the Ultimate, so that her God, Harald, would love her special. She wanted to be whole and complete, the very defining characteristic of the Ultimate AI. When she found out she could never be Aura in any shape or form, she decided to kill herself instead of letting Morganna do it.
Well that all makes sense and I suppose that ties into the sleeping girl that Tsukasa meets right?
The sleeping girl and Aura are the same person.
That's because Lycoris is from the AI Buster novels, as far as I remember that character doesn't appear in any other place.
She makes a cameo in the Legend of the Twilight manga, don't forget.
Admilu

Post by Admilu »

I've seen/read/played most of the series and yet you guys know so much more than me :shock: I guess you all really do your research huh?
FallenDragon wrote:...I blame this on myself for not giving a link.

There you go.
You're not very forgiving are you? I checked out the link you left and it seems to have correct information but it's just like wikipedia (thus the 'wiki' right?) and so anyone can change what's written as long as a few people agree with em.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Admilu wrote:I've seen/read/played most of the series and yet you guys know so much more than me :shock: I guess you all really do your research huh?

There you go.
You're not very forgiving are you? I checked out the link you left and it seems to have correct information but it's just like wikipedia (thus the 'wiki' right?) and so anyone can change what's written as long as a few people agree with em.
Don't worry, you're not the only one who feels like that. By the time i joined to this forum i had thought i understood everything regarding the IMOQ games. Yet all my beliefs were shattered when i found about the novels, manga, and other sources of information that reveal alot more stuff. That caused me to become more interested though, and yet even if i've read alot of stuff and become more updated with all the information i still forget a few things and remain unsure about others 'XD

And not really, the .hack wiki is supervised and updated by various people who really know about the series, such like AuraTwilight (who i consider the f*cking God in this forum, and seriously knows ALOT about the .Hack series). So it's not like anyone can just go and edit that, let's say, Mimiru and BlackRose are sisters, without having to give alot of proof before (such like citations, sources, scans maybe) and such information being checked more than once by the people on there.
Admilu

Post by Admilu »

TheSorrow wrote:
Admilu wrote:I've seen/read/played most of the series and yet you guys know so much more than me :shock: I guess you all really do your research huh?

There you go.
Don't worry, you're not the only one who feels like that. By the time i joined to this forum i had thought i understood everything regarding the IMOQ games. Yet all my beliefs were shattered when i found about the novels, manga, and other sources of information that reveal alot more stuff. That caused me to become more interested though, and yet even if i've read alot of stuff and become more updated with all the information i still forget a few things and remain unsure about others 'XD

And not really, the .hack wiki is supervised and updated by various people who really know about the series, such like AuraTwilight (who i consider the f*cking God in this forum, and seriously knows ALOT about the .Hack series). So it's not like anyone can just go and edit that, let's say, Mimiru and BlackRose are sisters, without having to give alot of proof before (such like citations, sources, scans maybe) and such information being checked more than once by the people on there.
Yeah, I get what you're saying but all I mean is that it's possible for it to be not 100% true all of the time cause if someone edits it, then until that edited part is checked by... your "god", isn't it possible for someone to read it and then have false information? I know this situation is fairly unlikely though.

Or do you mean that edited work has to be checked before the page it self is updated?

Sorry about causing such an inconvenience and getting this post off course *bows head" ^^
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Yeah, I get what you're saying but all I mean is that it's possible for it to be not 100% true all of the time cause if someone edits it, then until that edited part is checked by... your "god", isn't it possible for someone to read it and then have false information? I know this situation is fairly unlikely though.

Or do you mean that edited work has to be checked before the page it self is updated?
Yeah, that's possible to happen, and there are too other times when there happen mistranslations or misdirections by the lack of sources and proof, yet the information gets updated anyhow (for example, calling "Saika Amagi" as "Ayaka Amagi"). There will always be mistakes, especially with new media, and it'll also be updated as far as such media allows us to know (if CC2 hadn't released official media stating that most Liminality easter eggs were non-canon, most likely we'd still believe Skeith was supposed to gather data about human fear of death), but the mistakes will always be kept at the lowest possible, and if there are any doubts or unclear stuff, that's why places like forums exist to debate about it and see what's actually true and what not.

Not because an article can be edited by anyone it actually means someone will actually modify an article completely with lies and it'll stay for long or everyone will actually believe what the article said at that moment is true. I'm not sure, but i think the .hack wiki is actually made so someone has to check the information changed before the page is updated, which makes it even less likely to contain false stuff.
Admilu

Post by Admilu »

:) You sure aren't a .hack//aficionado for no reason huh? You really know your stuff and are very good at explaining things.

Thanks alot for clearing that up and explaining, in understandable detail, to me.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

AuraTwilight (who i consider the f*cking God of the universe, and seriously knows ALOT about everything ever. Also, s/he's really funny and sexy and I would do shim over and over until my groin was red raw).
Fixed for accuracy. Don't worry, we all make typos.
Not because an article can be edited by anyone it actually means someone will actually modify an article completely with lies and it'll stay for long or everyone will actually believe what the article said at that moment is true. I'm not sure, but i think the .hack wiki is actually made so someone has to check the information changed before the page is updated, which makes it even less likely to contain false stuff.
Updates are put up automatically, so we do have to go back before someone can mess it up more, but there is ALWAYS someone on monitoring the thing, between me, Kulaguy, Kuukai, Shinsou Wotan, CRTwenty, Ellimist, and a few other guys. Don't worry, false information never gets far.
Kazekun

Post by Kazekun »

AuraTwilight wrote:Updates are put up automatically, so we do have to go back before someone can mess it up more, but there is ALWAYS someone on monitoring the thing, between me, Kulaguy, Kuukai, Shinsou Wotan, CRTwenty, Ellimist, and a few other guys. Don't worry, false information never gets far.
Then you might aswell look through my edit in the .hack//LINK page, see if I missed anything. hehe
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I did that before you even posted, so my point is proven.

Also, word from the wise, don't make such BIG edits until you can f*cking spell or use grammar, it's only a big crapfest that the rest of us have to clean up, so have some courtesy, there's a standard of literacy that has to be maintained. This goes to ALL of you.
Kazekun

Post by Kazekun »

AuraTwilight wrote:I did that before you even posted, so my point is proven.

Also, word from the wise, don't make such BIG edits until you can f*cking spell or use grammar, it's only a big crapfest that the rest of us have to clean up, so have some courtesy, there's a standard of literacy that has to be maintained. This goes to ALL of you.
I can spell, and use perfect grammar. Just when I type, I tend to get typos, it pisses me off. I try not to typo so much, and make sure everything is correct before I submit. If they're was any, I apologize, I must've missed them. (YES, I have heard of Miscrosoft Word, I have it, but my computer was messing up at the time)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kazekun wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:I did that before you even posted, so my point is proven.

I can spell, and use perfect grammar. Just when I type, I tend to get typos, it pisses me off. I try not to typo so much, and make sure everything is correct before I submit. If they're was any, I apologize, I must've missed them. (YES, I have heard of Miscrosoft Word, I have it, but my computer was messing up at the time)
Then proofread yourself. I hate cleaning up other people's messes.