Boring?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

kururusoft

Boring?

Post by kururusoft »

I like .hack but I bought this box set and am extremely disappointed, especially in the fact I spent $50 on a boring DVD set. Sign is very boring although a great sotry has no action or coolness. DON'T BUY IT!!
Nash

Re: Boring?

Post by Nash »

Roots is more of the same all-talk-little-action, isn't it?

I'm contemplating watching Sign now... at least Roots had plenty of similarities with G.U.'s casts.
Asyllum

Post by Asyllum »

dont expect lots of action in SIGN or Roots... so dont blame the DVD or .hack itself...
Spin

Post by Spin »

SIGN is great for people who enjoy mysteries and the like. There is a big of action here and there, but the series is mostly about the human condition... it's all very poetic actually.
Asyllum

Post by Asyllum »

Spin wrote:SIGN is great for people who enjoy mysteries and the like. There is a big of action here and there, but the series is mostly about the human condition... it's all very poetic actually.
agree with that :D
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

One of Sign's 'flaws' was it's lack of action I suppose. However, the story was engaging and it progressed the story overall. It's not that boring of a series unless you like tons of action. In that case, the IMOQ games should quench that.

As for Roots, it's almost the exact same case.
Fairypenguin

Post by Fairypenguin »

What? Roots has way more action than SIGN. But yeah, just watch SIGN on Youtube.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

However, Roots also has less action compared to the games. Also, there aren't many stat indicators in either series, meaning the action isn't exactly the main focus.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

Fairypenguin wrote:What? Roots has way more action than SIGN. But yeah, just watch SIGN on Youtube.
ROOTS actions sucked horribly. Especially since Flick Reaper Haseo was poorly drawn in ROOTS, he just looked like a retard.

Besides, SIGNS lack of action is not a "flaw" per se because its not an action anime. Its mostly drama and mystery driven by its characters, and how you understand them. If you only wanted action go watch Bleach or something.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

A person who criticizes a series for having a lot of talking in it really says more about the person than the series itself. I've never been bored watching .hack//SIGN. I appreciate the story for what it is, and the dialog is what gives it substance. If you want constant action with little-to-no substance, then you should be watching Dragonball instead. .hack//SIGN is for the people who appreciate character and story development. So no, .hack//SIGN isn't a boring series, you're just simple. .hack//SIGN still remains one of the best (and in my opinion the best) stories in the .hack// franchise.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

I bought it a while back, and I was very pleases wit hit, how can you say it was boring, DID YOU NOT SEE

((EPISODE SPOILER))

• lol, when Subaru got Raped by Kao-chan(i think that's how you spell it) and when Crim got Tsukasa, and ESPECIALLY When the Gaurdian like Raped those four girls lol
    AND THE MACH ENDING SCEEN, THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

.hacl//sign didn't need action to be entertaining. You just had to follow the story, watch the character development and enjoy that for all it's worth.

Yes, it doesn't explode with excitement in every scene but it keeps your mind occupied while they go through everything in the whole series.
dothacker1110

Post by dothacker1110 »

dot hack//sign is good it may not have much action but it has a deep storyline.