Can someone help with confusion? (SPOILER WARNING)

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Drake_Silver

Can someone help with confusion? (SPOILER WARNING)

Post by Drake_Silver »

Ok, either I'm very stupid or this is very stupid (or both). Forgive me for not remembering the name of the episode, but the last one I watched was when Tsukasa, Mimiru and Subaru Enter the place where Aura sleeps. Tsukasa awakens her, then they return to Net Slum. The whole party was waiting there. They all sense a great evil, a huge enemy appears, and they say "what is that?" Helba says: "it must be...the enemy." Suddenly Tsukasa goes in shock, the screen turns black. Then it shows an image of Tsukasa finally free back in the real world. I'm guessing she passes Subaru, then Subaru says "you're home!" Tsukasa says "I'm back". Then they run to each other and just before their hands reach eachother's, it turns back to the game. Shows a screen and the old lady(as Sora calls her) is talking. Then, THATS IT!!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but there is only six volumes right? And that was the last episode. And from what I read, the rest were just fillers (obviously). So I say, what kinda stupid ending is that!?!? I mean, we wait this whole time to see Tsukasa finally log out, and as everyone wants: a final battle. We get nothing, except an image of Tsukasa in the real world that wasn't even real. Can someone help me to understand? If this really is the end, then its the stupidest anime ending I've ever seen. Because it is the only anime ending I've ever seen lol. Oh, I saw Neon Genesis Evangelion but I won't even go there with that ending... :shock:

Don't get me wrong, I love SIGN, just not the ending. (if thats what it is.)
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: Can someone help with confusion? (SPOILER WARNING)

Post by iuliathe3rd »

That was the ending of SIGN, but not the end of the overall plot. The main plot carried on into the games with Kite and the others.
In SIGN, their main goal was to have Tsukasa be able to logout. Once that was achieved, the anime had no reason to go on. Think of it as an ending for those set of characters.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Anime Monkey has it right. .hack is a multimedia project. If you want to continue the story, you're going to have to play the games.

Or look at spoilers. Either or.
Drake_Silver

Post by Drake_Silver »

Aaww, a dead end. That really bites.

I finally got a PS2 again, sooo..... all I need to do is come up with $150.00 or so to complete the series.... no problem. :rollseyes: (Man I miss the game. Even though I only got through a couple hours of //Infection...)
Shmittles The Poe

Post by Shmittles The Poe »

I was able to buy the set for $90, just keep your eyes peeled. Anyway, I got kinda bumed out by Sign's ending at first too, but give it time. Once you get a better grasp of project .hack, beginnings and endings seem much nicer.
Edge101

Post by Edge101 »

yea what everyone else said BUT we do see many of the characters in .hack//Signs come into the orignal games even if they had overall small roles in the game.
Dead

Post by Dead »

Drake wrote:Then they run to each other and just before their hands reach eachother's, it turns back to the game. Shows a screen and the old lady(as Sora calls her) is talking. Then, THATS IT!!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but there is only six volumes right? And that was the last episode. And from what I read, the rest were just fillers (obviously). So I say, what kinda stupid ending is that!?!? I mean, we wait this whole time to see Tsukasa finally log out, and as everyone wants: a final battle. We get nothing, except an image of Tsukasa in the real world that wasn't even real. Can someone help me to understand? If this really is the end, then its the stupidest anime ending I've ever seen.
AH, where to begin.
TheOld Lady = Morganna
Just before their hands reach each others, It DOES NOT turn back into the game, it GOES back into the game. the scene with Tsukasa and Subaru was over, and back in the game, Morganna started taking more victims.
I suppose you could call Episodes 26 and 27 filler episodes, Though i like episode 26 because it shows Lady Gardenia in anime form, as Mimiru's mentor. but Episode 28, Unison, is really more lik a final ending to .Hack//Sign, thoough youd have to have played Infection through Quarantine to understand it.

The Purpose of SIGN was to Awaken Aura, that was their final battle. I think its a great ending, though in fact it is still only a beggining as well.

Also want to adress this issue from a locked topic.
how many people bought the .hack// 4 disk special edition box set that includes a special epicsode that includes balmung saying "this shindig's the bomb diggity"
This IS Also From .Hack//SIGN//Unison
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Morganna started taking more victims.
No she didn't.
I suppose you could call Episodes 26 and 27 filler episodes, Though i like episode 26 because it shows Lady Gardenia in anime form, as Mimiru's mentor.
That wasn't Gardenia, and it was episode 27.
Episode 28, Unison, is really more lik a final ending to .Hack//Sign, thoough youd have to have played Infection through Quarantine to understand it.
I'd call it an epilogue to the entire project.
This IS Also From .Hack//SIGN//Unison
The topic was moved. It was originally posted in one of the game forums.
Dead

Post by Dead »

AuraTwilight wrote:No she didn't.
Read The Liminality DVD Easter Eggs. Yes. She Did.
AuraTwilight wrote:That wasn't Gardenia, and it was episode 27
How do you know it wasnt her? They Never said her PC name. and She Could Have Been ressurrected with the new version of the world which is why you get her in The games. I think its her because it looks like her and she already has a fanbase when you get her.
AuraTwilight wrote:I'd call it an epilogue to the entire project.
yeah ill give you that one.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Read The Liminality DVD Easter Eggs. Yes. She Did.
Those Easter Eggs aren't canon. Morganna may have taken coma victims, but she never took more Tsukasa-style victims like you're implying. It's merely symbolism.
How do you know it wasnt her? They Never said her PC name. and She Could Have Been ressurrected with the new version of the world which is why you get her in The games. I think its her because it looks like her and she already has a fanbase when you get her.
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Mimika

You LOSE.
tsukasa4692

Post by tsukasa4692 »

wait wait, sign ended with tsukasa and subaru running towards eachother. then theres morganna taking more victims.
ok alot of questions:
1) why was morganna starting this, and who made her and the other AI's (Aura and harold) and for wat purpose.
2) i have the epitaph of twilight and as i understand it was the lore for the game (like how WoW has their lore with the wars) wats with the phases? someone had to make those, and this whole storyline prolly doesnt* makes sense to ppl in Japan!
3) I know Tsukasa was the target for morganna due to his/her depression (i know hes a she but the PC is a boy so =P) how did morganna know? if every single installment in the series is connected, then how does it all connect?

honestly and i thot eva was confusing me.
Last edited by tsukasa4692 on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsukasa4692

Post by tsukasa4692 »

ok after reading some stuff off the net, and i think that some of this info is BS. idk
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Don't double post. Edit your previous post instead.
And be a little more clear on what you're asking. What exactly is confusing? If you word it in a calm manner, then maybe it'll be easier for others to answer your questions.
tsukasa4692

Post by tsukasa4692 »

edit? ya sorry i was typing that at like 11 last nite, (school sucks :D) but ya there just things i dont get.... at all, its like some of it is just fan fiction.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

well I guess you could say is when tsukasa gets scared she wanted to logg out when awakeing arua she was finally able to logg out. so she logged out and in the real world she wakes up from her coma and when she leaves the hospital she walks by subaru yes, and sense in the game they loved each other so in reality they finally meet and tsukasa happy and was finally able to logg out the end.
and that was the last episode. sense the story of sign was trying to get sukasa to be able to log out and awaken aura.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Okay, I'm going to attempt to answer your questions.
1) why was morganna starting this, and who made her and the other AI's (Aura and harold) and for wat purpose.
Harald Hoerwick can basically be credited with the creation of all the AIs. Technically, it was the "black box" that Harald created that makes these AIs.
Morganna started this whole mess because she didn't want to get deleted. She was made with the sole purpose of raising and giving birth to Aura. Once Aura would be born, Morganna was to be deleted. She eventually developed her own conscience, and decided she didn't want that to happen. Therefore, a bunch of crap happens in The World.
2) i have the epitaph of twilight and as i understand it was the lore for the game (like how WoW has their lore with the wars) wats with the phases? someone had to make those, and this whole storyline prolly doesnt* makes sense to ppl in Japan!
The actual phases in the game were created by Morganna. The phases in the Epitaph are like representations of the enemy, the "Wave." Not really sure exactly what you're asking on this one, so this is the best explanation I can come up with.
3) I know Tsukasa was the target for morganna due to his/her depression (i know hes a she but the PC is a boy so =P) how did morganna know? if every single installment in the series is connected, then how does it all connect?
How did Morganna know what? That Tsukasa was depressed? If so, Morganna had been watching him and had even tried to make duplicates of the PC. But, when that wouldn't work for her purposes, she brought Tsukasa into the game.
The whole idea behind this was Morganna wanted to halt Aura's birth. In SIGN, she attempted this by having Tsukasa negatively affect Aura. In the games, since Aura had awakened to some extent, Morganna went on a bigger assault and used things like the Phases.
tsukasa4692

Post by tsukasa4692 »

well thanks for answering my questions. (sorry im not a good writer) i didnt see any of this info in the show however. so where can u learn this stuff?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

There's more than just .hack//Sign, the anime. There's also seven games, multiple novels and manga, another TV series, and info guides. .hack//Sign was only the beginning of a very long and complex story, just like how pregnancy and birth are a story in of itself, but only the beginning of a person's whole life tale.

LOL, SEE WUT I DID THAR? .hack = Aura's biography. Oh yea.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

tsukasa4692 wrote:well thanks for answering my questions. (sorry im not a good writer) i didnt see any of this info in the show however. so where can u learn this stuff?
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/.hack//Wiki

This is the best place for all .hack info. ANd before you play in your whole "wiki info is unrelaible" I'd like to point out that the .hack wiki is very accurate info because its run and moderated by some of the most devoted .hack fans.
tsukasa4692

Post by tsukasa4692 »

wikipedia info isnt accurate? wow i didnt know that.