Can someone help with confusion? (SPOILER WARNING)

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Can someone help with confusion? (SPOILER WARNING)

Post by AuraTwilight »

tsukasa4692 wrote:wikipedia info isnt accurate? wow i didnt know that.
Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, so any random person can go in and write whatever they want on any page, and the .hack pages, being fiction, are low priority, so as a result they aren't regularly checked for accuracy, so anyone can put up their speculation or theories as fact and most people won't do anything to correct it. Most information on Wikipedia, as regards to .hack, is either outright wrong, out of date, or somehow misinformed. The .hack//Wiki in the above post, however, is a form of Mini-Wikipedia form for nothing but .hack, and is kept up to date and accurate by most of the most dedicated .hack fans, myself included.
michiru7422

Re: Can someone help with confusion? (SPOILER WARNING)

Post by michiru7422 »

They've since added .hack//ZERO, which is at least partly an epilogue to .hack//SIGN. It talks about Tsukasa and Sora after the series. And then, of course, as everyone else has already said, there are also the games, which are the larger picture sequel.

But I think you've mistaken the series if you expected a big battle. For all that .hack//SIGN is in The World, which is focused around beating monsters, .hack//SIGN is not. There is almost more running away from battles than there are actual battles. Tsukasa is the main character, and he feels pain if he ever gets attacked in The World, so he avoids it and so do the people he is with.

And I'm pretty sure the ending was real. .hack//SIGN can get confusing at times, but the fact that that part's in color without sound lends credence to that.