Plot Hole?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Plot Hole?

Post by AuraTwilight »

Actually, the friend thing was a deliberate lie. Haseo does it a lie. Like when he's getting a Job Quest in Rebirth, he says "Oh yea, I've done this before, but go ahead and explain it."
Ravaan

Re:

Post by Ravaan »

Azure crow wrote:
Samuel wrote:
Daichi wrote:maybe one of his friends had invited him again??
then he would remember playing the world, wich he doesn't.

and even if unison wasn't cannon LOTTB manga was and it had a small cameo of him.
That was the Sora A.I.
That, or someone playing the same character model.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes, because they're gonna throw in a completestranger during a montage of all the .hack characters that personally knew Aura and contributed to her growth and development.

Idiot.
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

But CC Corp did state that Unison wasn't canon, so the fact that Sora was in the celebration is just for flavor.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

twilight_keeper wrote:But CC Corp did state that Unison wasn't canon, so the fact that Sora was in the celebration is just for flavor.
Source.
twilight_keeper

Lol give me a minute the boards are driving me crazy cuz its way late for most people who post here. But if you must here, http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Unison
Due to conflicts with the G.U. series as detailed in the G.U. Perfect Guidebook, Unison is considered non-canonical.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

That's player opinion. None of the actual developers negated Unison's canonicity.
twilight_keeper

Yeah that's most likely correct, I guess people just have to have a reason to argue eh?
Shmittles The Poe

Post by Shmittles The Poe »

G.U. Perfect Guidebook is the only thing that even says that Sora=Haseo, correct?

If that's so, why is it that we have to assume that G.U. Perfect Guidebook has to be the correct one? I mean, sure, the whole point of it is to give information, but who got to decide what's canon what's not?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The G.U. Guidebook is correct on about EVERY OTHER INSTANCE, and gives us vital information we wouldn't know otherwise, such as the fact that  Ovan's AIDA is Tri-Edge and is the one that corrupted the AIDA, or that Shino was the original Epitaph User of Innis, but lost that status when she was PKed

Not to mention that GU retcons all sorts of crap, like Cubia's origins or Morganna's powers, and such.
Shmittles The Poe

True, but that doesn't dismiss my point.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes. Yes it does.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

Shmittles The Poe wrote:True, but that doesn't dismiss my point.
How could it not?
Shmittles The Poe

Saying that it gets a bunch of known facts strait and that it gives new information has nothing to do with proving that it's correct, it just shows that it isn't currently proven wrong.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

Shmittles The Poe wrote:Saying that it gets a bunch of known facts strait and that it gives new information has nothing to do with proving that it's correct, it just shows that it isn't currently proven wrong.
Here's why your reasoning fails.

"As a result of excessive taxation and the people's desire to no longer be ruled under British Parliament without proper representation, the American colonies rebelled against Great Britain thus beginning the American Revolutionary war. Although a majority of the war was fought in the New England area of America, every colony was involved and equally supportive of the war. They were quickly and easily organized thanks to equal interest they had in the gold and oil deposits that were earlier discovered in New York near Lake Ontario. Although no documentation of this discovery has been found, there is is no documentation to disprove it either; however it is not accepted by nearly all of the historical community. Despite its lack of support and evidence, some believe it would explain why New York is one of the wealthiest states today in America. It is thanks to the colonies united interest in the economic well-being of the future United States that they were able to achieve victory with the later help of the French."

Half of that is complete ****, but it hasn't been disproved. So if that was written on Wikipedia, would you question it? Just because someone makes a collage of facts and speculation, it doesn't mean that it's all true. If it isn't officially stated and can't be reasonably inferred by what is available, then it is only speculation and shouldn't be considered canon. If there is contradicting evidence that is officially released, then it is false regardless of what some fans think.

Just because it can't be disproved, it doesn't make it true or even probable. Example: The ghost of George Washington Carver is trapped in the center of Pluto.
Shmittles The Poe

Did you miss my point entirely? I’m not trying to say that I am right because you can’t disprove me, or even that I’m “probably” right because you can’t disprove me. I’m throwing out a possibility. A possibility that you can’t disprove with what you’ve already said. That’s all.

So unless you have anything else to say on the matter, it remains a possibility. Which is my point, the fact that it is indeed a possibility.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

Shmittles The Poe wrote:So unless you have anything else to say on the matter, it remains a possibility. Which is my point, the fact that it is indeed a possibility.
You're missing my point then. It's not a possibility worth entertaining.
twilight_keeper

Point being, due to the guidebook's incosistancy on canon and non, no point could be draw to prove or disprove, it's just too flaky.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, it's not flaky, it's retconning. The guidebook is a compilation of information FROM THE MOUTHS OF THE CREATORS. If it's wrong, then EVERYTHING in .hack is wrong. Until it's retconned, the GU Perfect Guidebook is the ultimate canon authority.
twilight_keeper

Thanks for the correction AT. I didn't want to rag the guidebook, but the retcon rate is pretty high.