Tsukasa and Subaru's relationship.

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Silvermane

Tsukasa and Subaru's relationship.

Post by Silvermane »

When I was observing other boards about this aspect of Sign some reacted quite negatively..ex) ewww they are lesbians or some such childish response or others tried to stay neutral and not even comment. Here's what I think:

Who cares about what the genders of these individuals are, personally I think they are wonderful together. She's part of the reason he logs out in the first place. It was her caring heart and compassion that gave Tsukasa the need and desire to log out. On a deeper level I think they are soulmates. Thats my 2 cents. What does everyone else think? 
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

I think it's really cool, actually. I have no problem with homosexual relationships.

In //SIGN, though, they don't really explain Subaru's real feelings toward Tsukasa. Most people, like me, assumed that  Tsukasa was male and that Subaru liked him. But later you find out that isn't true. Then Subaru says it doesn't matter, and that she still wants to see Tsukasa (outside of The World). At first I wasn't sure how to take that. I assumed she was just being friendly or something. But, from what I've heard,  their relationship goes a bit further in .hack//ZERO which is a novel (another reason BanDai has to release them!).
Mia

Post by Mia »

I for one,am against any lesbians,or gay related things.But..you also have to see it from the Japanese point of view.As you notice,there have been other animes out there,to where characters seem "too close" to other characters,makin other people"Eww!! That's just sick!!".
The japanese see it differently,and they tend to keep it on a friendly level..unless otherwise stated by the characters own intentions or true feelings;then its different.
I think its alright for Tsukasa and Subaru to remain as friends,maybe close best friends/sisters if they would like to see it like that.
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

actually most japanese are very strongly against that sort of thing. and they actually all get together outside of the game, I think Tsukasa Subaru Bear and Mimiru, I cant remember if anyone else though. I could, of course, say more, but I dont feel like make a long post with lots of spoiler tags.
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

OrangeSlice, is that in one of the novels?
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

yes its in .hack//ZERO
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

That book sounds really cool.

I think that  we should have been able to see Mimiru in real life in the last episode of //SIGN, but oh well. I wonder if  Tsukasa took up Bear's offer. I certainly wouldn't want to live with her dad. From what we see of him, he's a moron
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

I'll have to agree with you there Ardo,  Having a abusive parent sucks big time. Bear will make a much improved adoptive parent. I think tsukasa is in college because of the Unision pre-view or at least living someplace better.
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

Yep. And Bear could  do a better job this time around, even though Tsukasa isn't technically his daughter
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

I like Bear alot, he reminds me of my dad in many ways. :D
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

That's cool. No one I know acts like him.
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

Indeed, the only difference between Bear and my Dad is their occupation. :D
beginner

Post by beginner »

Actually. There is a part where you do see mimiru in real life. I forgot which part though.
Iron Grunty

Post by Iron Grunty »

That didn't help me out much Clang!...But I might take your word for it Clang! oh...and I havent posted in here yet Clang!?...Hmm...I think its a good idea...love doesent matter on gender...Clang!
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

beginner wrote:Actually. There is a part where you do see mimiru in real life. I forgot which part though.
In Integration or Intermezzo (I am not sure about the name, but episode 27 that revovles around Mimiru)?
Mia

Post by Mia »

Intermezzo is episode 27.
Integration is episode 28.

Episode 27 deals with Mimiru's past,when she was a newbie to The World.
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

Or was it called Unision?? I think Integration is the name of the DVD combo with 28th ep of Sign and all of OVA's...with something about Dusk put in also.

But to get back on topic, I think Unision will reveal more about Tsukasa and Subaru's relationship or how much its progressed. I really want to know how they feel about each other.
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

Integration is the package name, it comes with Unison, all 4 Liminality episodes, and the .hack//Udeden Character Song & Story for ¥2800

as for Unison it will be featuring characters from both sign and the games, so I doubt it will go further into tsukasa & subaru's relationship.
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

D'oh! That's right. Unison is episode 28, not Integration. :oops:

As long as we get whatever it is that "progresses" their relationship, I'm happy.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Ardo wrote:D'oh! That's right. Unison is episode 28, not Integration. :oops:

As long as we get whatever it is that "progresses" their relationship, I'm happy.
Technically its not even a part of the .hack//sign series. Its just an OVA.