Re: Tsukasa and Subaru's relationship.

Post by Twilisapien »

this topic went full circle
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

This topic has existed since 2003. Wow, it's even older than the "What are you listening to" topic, and constantly revived at "not-too-apart" times o-o lol (Well...this last revive was for like 7 months, but meh XD)

So, Endrance wasn't definetly a first when it comes to "loving without caring about the gender". But yeah, sure sure, love trascends gender and all, but that doesn't mean they won't "express that love" in the way we all would prefer >3> Too bad for Subaru's condition, but well, there are ways around that.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

TheSorrow wrote:So, Endrance wasn't definetly a first when it comes to "loving without caring about the gender". But yeah, sure sure, love trascends gender and all, but that doesn't mean they won't "express that love" in the way we all would prefer >3> Too bad for Subaru's condition, but well, there are ways around that.
Looks like Elk and Tsukasa were more alike then we knew.

They're all emotionally disturbed. I'd like to see Crim and Bear, Mimiru and Blackrose or two normal people "transcend gender".
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

I dunno... I still think Mimiru had something for Tsukasa... but she didn't want to get in her way with Subaru...

At least that's how it seemed to me...maybe it's just wishful thinking...

I do find it ironic that, through my whole day of posting I'd stared at every single date stamp on every single post I replied to... except for the one solitary one that ended up causing this recent stumble into the undead arts...

I suppose the fact that I didn't remember having posted here before, yet clearly seeing my own words... should have been some kind of warning...

EDIT: Anybody who uses that wavemaster PC model ends up gay for someone. Maybe it's a joke from Aura...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

That has (un)fortunate implications for Hotaru and Sheraton.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Satoh wrote:I dunno... I still think Mimiru had something for Tsukasa... but she didn't want to get in her way with Subaru...

At least that's how it seemed to me...maybe it's just wishful thinking...

I do find it ironic that, through my whole day of posting I'd stared at every single date stamp on every single post I replied to... except for the one solitary one that ended up causing this recent stumble into the undead arts...

I suppose the fact that I didn't remember having posted here before, yet clearly seeing my own words... should have been some kind of warning...

EDIT: Anybody who uses that wavemaster PC model ends up gay for someone. Maybe it's a joke from Aura...
I'm going to have to disagree here. I do agree that Mimiru and Tsukasa would make a cute couple. It's clear that even by the end that Tsukasa understands Mimiru much more than he does Subaru. Using the Shadow AI Mimiru to break Morganna's trap, by being able to punch holes in the reaction of AI Mimiru. He was not able to do this with Shadow AI Subaru. Though to be fair that might have been a simple underestimation of Mimiru's attitude on Morganna's part.

Now I won't deny that Mimiru "may" have had feelings for Tsukasa very early on in the show, but I think eventually those feelings became more turned into sibling love. She clearly says that by the end if she had siblings it would likely be hanging out with Tsukasa (and by extension of that time Subaru.) It is Mimiru that breaks Tsukasa out of his shell for the most part and it is only because of that he's able to be comfortable with Subaru, I believe. When did Mimiru fall out of infatuation with Tsukasa? Hmm, a bit difficult to say really. I would say Episode 6 where Tsukasa replies that he does hate being with Mimiru. It is after that which she tries to instead protect Tsukasa than get close to him. Of course that's only my view, maybe someone else has another? If so, I'd love to hear it.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Well Hotaru got a sex change in between media, and Shugo found him attractive. Not exactly the same thing, but..
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm going to have to disagree here. I do agree that Mimiru and Tsukasa would make a cute couple. It's clear that even by the end that Tsukasa understands Mimiru much more than he does Subaru. Using the Shadow AI Mimiru to break Morganna's trap, by being able to punch holes in the reaction of AI Mimiru. He was not able to do this with Shadow AI Subaru. Though to be fair that might have been a simple underestimation of Mimiru's attitude on Morganna's part.
This is only because he's known Mimiru for several months longer than Subaru, and he knows from personal experience and annoyance how stubborn she can be. Subaru not wanting anything to do with him? Sure, he can understand and accept that. Tsukasa's so self-defeating and depressed that he's pretty much abandonment issues all up in the heezy, even saying that Subaru might not want to stay with him when he wakes up.

But Mimiru, giving up? The Mimiru who spent the better part of a year following him all over the f*cking game, bugging him over and over and over and over AND OVER to try and help him no matter how many times he told the **** to just leave him the hell alone? Giving up after a few minutes? No, that's a crock of sh*t. That's not Mimiru.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

AuraTwilight wrote:
This is only because he's known Mimiru for several months longer than Subaru, and he knows from personal experience and annoyance how stubborn she can be. Subaru not wanting anything to do with him? Sure, he can understand and accept that. Tsukasa's so self-defeating and depressed that he's pretty much abandonment issues all up in the heezy, even saying that Subaru might not want to stay with him when he wakes up.

But Mimiru, giving up? The Mimiru who spent the better part of a year following him all over the f*cking game, bugging him over and over and over and over AND OVER to try and help him no matter how many times he told the **** to just leave him the hell alone? Giving up after a few minutes? No, that's a crock of sh*t. That's not Mimiru.
Good point, I had never considered it in these matters. Wish I could say more on the matter but you basically hit the nail on the head.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Wow, this is way back in 2003. Never saw this. I always knew Mimiru had a thing for Tsukasa. Almost to the point where she's stalking the lone cold bastard.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think it's more obviously a testament to Mimiru being such a kind, and obnoxious, person that she'll stubbornly try to help people she thinks are in need no matter how much they say no. She never expresses any sort of emotional tenderness to Tsukasa that can be considered romantic; she seems more like she sees him as a Little Brother, perhaps as a callback to her newbie days when she had a big sister-like older player to look out for her.
Graves2

Post by Graves2 »

Umm...reality.

Tsukasa and Sub meet up.
They spend 5 minutes with each other, and realize they dont HATE one another.

They go out.
Now then they either break up in a few weeks like most e-couples who meet via online, or they move intogether, realize what a horrible mistake that was because well ha...theres a reason one of them couldn't find a real relationship, and break up...splitting their cheap china plate knockoffs.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Legend of the Twilight's manga ending insinuates that Tsukasa and Subaru managed to stay together for atleast four and a half years. I imagine at this point that they're in it for the long haul.