Phase 6//Macha

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

Phase 1: Haseo

Phase 6//Macha

Post by Phase 1: Haseo »

OK i'm about lvl 76. I just did the thing where we do another opperation Orca. I need 2 J's and 2 H's. Does anyone have a good idea where i can find these cause every where i go i kill everything before i can data drain it!!! Oh and am i about to fight Macha? Is so what should i bring??

Thnx to everyone that helps!!!
Azure_flame_kite

Post by Azure_flame_kite »

bring alot of mage's soul
bring balmung and blackrose
bring alot resurrect
and bring alot healing things
Sora of Azure Shadow

Post by Sora of Azure Shadow »

Virus Core H-Lambda:Stalking Betrayed Nothingness-Lich
Virus Core j-Omega:Bursting Passed over Aqua Field-Wood Maiden

if you kill everyone to quickly dd He{dhu&er at Sigma:Entwined Prejudiced Chaos to get Kokoro which lowers your attack by 30
Phase 1: Haseo

Post by Phase 1: Haseo »

Thnx. for the advice peoples!!!
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

weapons and added effects like "crittical, skill- and life drain"

death dosen't work

And is it just me, or does a topic die everytime i answer?? :roll:
kieferbrennan

Post by kieferbrennan »

Just bring very powerful armor and attack, attack, attack! That's what I did and I beat Macha on the first try.
Rengeki
Location: Watch for the blue-purple lines to appear and hit R1 and any button to see me...

Post by Rengeki »

The only nuisance is the charm attack...
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

Make sure you have plenty of healing items and good equipment, with luck you'll win first try
Haseo300

Post by Haseo300 »

Rengeki wrote:The only nuisance is the charm attack...
you forgot data drain!
sinikui

Post by sinikui »

I have a really good tip for beating macha dont die........just kidding a good tip is to keep your distance apart from every one . when she does that seduction speel thng its good to be as far apart as possible so you wont get killed by blackrose about the time you guys run into each other the spell is lifted are is just about to be lifted
DarkDoc02

Post by DarkDoc02 »

PITA!!!!! :evil: ("Pain in the Ass" if you're wondering)

Anyway, max out your Restoratives if you can. They heal Charm and can be used instantly, unlike Rip Synk.

I came about two seconds from dying when I fought Macha. She used Seductive Voice, or whatever it's called. All three of my party members were charmed, and then Kite and Wiseman were killed by Blackrose. Blckrose was really low on health, and I didn't think she could revive me quickly enough. She used a Resurect right before Macha killed her. I managed to revive the others and beat her.

And DD's not that bad. A quick Restorative/Antidote combo removes all of the status ailments. Just throw a healing item in there to restore health and you're good.

The best description of this battle is "You are your own worst enemy." You'll end up dying mostly by your own character's hands rather than by Macha's. :evil:
Balmung2

Post by Balmung2 »

I'm sorry, but I was never a good healer, and if you aren't either, bring these characters...
Blackrose (or Balmung, can't remember the leniency on this one)
Wiseman (since Mistral and Elk are out :-\).

Bring some healing items and give to wiseman, and just level up. That and constant healing. It's pretty much the same as every other battle, except that you have to face somebody who will turn your whole party on you. Tarvos is much harder :-).
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Karma wrote:
Azure_flame_kite wrote:bring alot of mage's soul
bring balmung and blackrose
bring alot resurrect
and bring alot healing things
And perhaps a prayer since Macha was annoying to beat (LOL).

Nahh, I think with Azure's advice, you'll be fine. :o
Agreed and agreed :)
Amarande

Post by Amarande »

Balmung and Wiseman seems to be the sweet spot here.

Even Natsume and Wiseman can work. I would not, however, bring any of the Big Bruiser types (Blackrose, Sanjuro, Terajima, Piros). This is the one Phase where you don't have to bring any party members in particular so use this opportunity ...

Basic strategy points here:

1. Macha is too big for her own good (without the flower skirt thing, or if it weren't considered 'solid', she would be far, far harder).

2. She has fixed attack pattern, at least where it really matters. Suspicious Seduction is not used until she starts using Data Drain (which means you're getting, relatively speaking, close to Protect Breaking her - I think it's something around 1/2-2/3 of the way to Protect Break that she starts this, but I could be wrong, it's been a loooong time since I played Quarantine last), and is always the next special move she uses after doing a Data Drain.

Basically the trick is, as soon as Data Drain has happened, and an immediate First Aid! if Kite was the one affected, move Kite to the opposite side of Macha from his teammates, and keep wailing away. When Suspicious Seduction fires, the two party members who are together will fight, and probably one will die, especially if you brought Wiseman. However, Macha is huge, as I noted, and the duration of the charm is quite short; by the time charmed Kite reaches the other survivor, the charm will either have worn off or be about to, and at most your characters should suffer one or two normal hits (as far as I know, charmed characters cannot use skills on each other, only normal attacks), nothing to worry about.

If you can master this pattern, Macha is easy. Even Tarvos isn't too hard, though there are considerable elements of randomness that don't come into play with most other Phase battles.

Really, the hardest battles in .hack are Skeith all the way back in Infection, the later Goblin Tags, and unfortunate dungeon spawns (e.g., 6 of the level 95 armor guys in a picture-frame room) ...
IloveEndrance

Re: Phase 6//Macha

Post by IloveEndrance »

Phase 1: Haseo wrote:OK i'm about lvl 76. I just did the thing where we do another opperation Orca. I need 2 J's and 2 H's. Does anyone have a good idea where i can find these cause every where i go i kill everything before i can data drain it!!! Oh and am i about to fight Macha? Is so what should i bring??

Thnx to everyone that helps!!!
Virus Core j ~ Omega: Bursting Passed over Aqua Field ~ for Wood Maiden) *its great!! I had lots of trouble with J's too!*
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

equip weapon with "death skill" before she casts charm. then you are the only one standing up...
and did you get the premission to use puppeter's siggy and Umbras avy??
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

If been a good while since I fought that battle but when she did that charm I move far away . There is a patten sprite of love data drain than the charm I moves far away and have my ally attack . That way I can stay alive .
shio

Post by shio »

you want an ass load of status healers