Other
6%

Total votes: 96

Lysergic

Post by Lysergic »

Gorre... because i couldn't tell the damn heads apart :(
sinikui

Post by sinikui »

Multi-edge wrote:I defeated every boss in one go. But Cubia was the most annoying. Everyone is having trouble with Macha charm :lol: .
yeah me too but skeith was pretty easy
Jakomay

Post by Jakomay »

Definately Skeith
terror-of death

Re: Hardest Boss Battle

Post by terror-of death »

none were hard, just took forever
Raxine

lol

Post by Raxine »

Id say the 1st phase hes awsome tho but it gave me a hard time my 1st time playing :?
Suyo

Post by Suyo »

Hm.. I choose Cubia
the phases were simple enough
but Cubia...I hate his final battle...

Cubia is hard for me cuz of the differnt thingies you have to fight
Well, at east i can be thankful you didn't have to fight cubia directly (untill the end of that final battle)
silabus

Post by silabus »

Gorre was very difficult
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

Tarvos was the hardest on my first playthrough because of how often it spams that damn 1 hit kill move.

Other than that, I'd give Skeith a close second because of how hard he is to hit without getting smashed in the face. At that point in the game, it's difficult to stock on ressurects without losing alot of money.. so you end up reviving your healer (I always use a wave master when I can..), and then you run out of stuff and die a horrible, painful death.

But Tarvos was cheap, with that dang 1 hit kill... wiped me out for like, 17 tries. Compared to Tarvos, Skeith was easy.
{TM-IZM}

Post by {TM-IZM} »

I'd have to say Macha.

Because the rest of the bosses were suprisingly easy, but just annoying as hell. It turns out that Macha was the most annoying of them all.

But probably what's most annoying is the fact that in order to continue playing as Mia, you had to rescue her from a dungeon of nothing BUT Databugs (can we say helba, anyone?). Elk really didn't help any, so that's a bummer :\

But yeah, I donno if there's a thread about that already, but could anyone actually tell me how to go about doing that? I got down to level 14 before I got a game over, because of the overload of virus infection. I've already moved on and purchased G.U. vol 1 and conquered it, but I'd still like to know how to exactly go about clearing that dungeon.
OccupatedVoid

Post by OccupatedVoid »

I pwned Skeith with Blackrose and Gardenia. Of course, everyone was Level 29. Macha was annoying in that she took 30 mins(no joke) to Protect Break.

I voted for Cubia. Cubia was hard for me.
kieferbrennan

Post by kieferbrennan »

I voted for corbenik, he REALLY took advantage of that time when he was invincible, the first time I got past that part I beat him.
shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker »

Corbenik is the hardest phase. I was a lvl 90 and it still took a hour to kill him.
dominus_draconis

Post by dominus_draconis »

{TM-IZM} wrote:I'd have to say Macha.

Because the rest of the bosses were suprisingly easy, but just annoying as hell. It turns out that Macha was the most annoying of them all.

But probably what's most annoying is the fact that in order to continue playing as Mia, you had to rescue her from a dungeon of nothing BUT Databugs (can we say helba, anyone?). Elk really didn't help any, so that's a bummer :\

But yeah, I donno if there's a thread about that already, but could anyone actually tell me how to go about doing that? I got down to level 14 before I got a game over, because of the overload of virus infection. I've already moved on and purchased G.U. vol 1 and conquered it, but I'd still like to know how to exactly go about clearing that dungeon.
set your party to operation recover, then always issue the first aid command, also, make sure you take helba, now, also, bring lots of knight's bane(I think that is the anti physical tolerance one) and keep sora's blades equipped at all times, yes it is a pain with this method, but, by doing this, you can then physically kill the enemies every time to limit your infection, oh, and, if you ever get 3 data bugs in one portal, alternate hits between all 3 till they all protect break in short order of each other, this will let you use drain arc, which, if you use it on 3 guys, then physically kill them, I found out actually lowers your infect rate though only VERY slightly, but, the others are for damage control, the knight's bane is cause there is one type of bug with physical tolerance after it dies, so, use the knight's banes till the physical tolerance drops, then physically kill it, too, helba has so much health and MP that she can do pretty well keeping you alive unless your data drain sets HP and MP to 1, if that happens, first priority is to heal helba cause she can heal the party, oh, and try to be level 99 when you enter, your infection rate will rise slightly more slowly the higher level you are

I hope that helps, that is what I did and it got me through(make sure to take 99 restoratives, ressurrects, and 99 each of healing elixer and the MP equivalent(I think it is emporer's soul that restores all MP)) good luck to you, I beat it first try, but, some of that time I got lucky(the whole last few floors I only fought a few data bugs so I was able to get my infection under control, but, to be fair, I did have it nearly red most of the time, but, that trick I said to physically kill them should help with damage control)
zaffax
Location: Making the greatest innovations in security since the can of woop ass.

Post by zaffax »

For me, I was able to beat all the phases first time around except for Tarvos. He was a monster!!!
sinikui

Post by sinikui »

hahah skeith was a joke it was so easy to beat him I did it first try
DarkDoc02

Post by DarkDoc02 »

Macha. Not because she's tough or does a lot of damage, but because she can charm your entire party and make them kill each other. When I prepared for the other bosses, I didn't have any problems. Macha was the only one that almost took me out. She charmed my entire party, and Blackrose killed Kite and Wiseman. Blackrose was still charmed, and I didn't know if she could Resurrect me. I got lucky, though.

This and the bonus dungeon at the end of Quarantine were the only two parts of the game where I was really very tense.
mazuroni

Post by mazuroni »

i had a pretty easy time with all the bosses because i always over-prepared, i died on one boss, but that was because i wasnt ready and didnt know i was coming to a boss battle.

But for the sake of argument, id have to say magus simply because of the instant kill attack. Not too hard, but when it drops leaves, then paralyzes you with 7 seconds left.. my heart was beating like a drum..
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Definitely Skeith.