movie weapons.

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

azholemike

movie weapons.

Post by azholemike »

What is Kite's weapon when he's in the movies?
It looks really awsome.

What is Blackrose's weapon, what is Elk's weapon, and what is Mia's weapon when they are all in the movies?
.hack// SIGN

Post by .hack// SIGN »

I'm not sure, but I thought they were the same weapons that they had when they first met you.
I bet you could use a 2cnd guess on that, I don't think I'm even 50% right about that.
freedom31

Post by freedom31 »

the weapons u see in the cutscene are their starter weapons
azholemike

Post by azholemike »

freedom31 wrote:the weapons u see in the cutscene are their starter weapons
Okay, thanks......I guess I won't be using them afterall.
.hack// SIGN

Post by .hack// SIGN »

azholemike wrote:
Okay, thanks......I guess I won't be using them afterall.

I don't know about you, but I think that the weapon kite get's is worth modifying and keeping till you get the others from the missions.
I mean it looks cool as you said, I would keep it....which i am by the way, lol.
Kaoshima

Post by Kaoshima »

I sold kite's Amateur Blades off back in Infection, but then I was playing around in a low level area in Mutation, and I found another pair of Amateur Blades, which I now keep in the Elf's Haven for the heck of it. :D
blackphoenix

Post by blackphoenix »

Kaoshima wrote:I sold kite's Amateur Blades off back in Infection, but then I was playing around in a low level area in Mutation, and I found another pair of Amateur Blades, which I now keep in the Elf's Haven for the heck of it. :D
I do the same. Moreso with rare items, but I keep some of the low lv items as well.
Surge

Post by Surge »

it weird but Blackrose's starter weapon (SteelBlade) cannot be found anywhere. She has the only one and after infaction or mutation she gets rid of it.
EnergyBolt2

Post by EnergyBolt2 »

i think i found elk's weapon... i mean it looks the same with the same colors but there is no red ribbon thing on it. if you want it its called "commandments" and you get it from data draining Flame maiden on omega server!
BadRPiggy

Post by BadRPiggy »

Once your level is high enough even low-level weapons can do moderate to reasonably good damage.
silabus

Post by silabus »

but inthe movies are like in LOTB they not change their weapons,in GU happens da same
Ressic

Post by Ressic »

Every character you can invite into your party starts out with a unique weapon that no one else can have when you first meet them. Since they only offer up pre-scripted items for trade, you can't ever get these starter weapons from them, and store them, or give them to other characters. In most cases they're pretty weak weapons, although the characters you don't meet until later in the series do start out with better gear.

Also - your party members don't necessarily just dump those starter weapons at a specific point in the game. Instead, they seem to not want to keep more than 20 item types in their inventory, so as you give them gifts of better equipment, they sell off their lower level items to keep at least half their inventory space clear. If you never give them a new weapon, they'll hang on to those starter weapons through the whole game.
ME

Post by ME »

Also note that IMOQ recycles weapons templates, there are only 5-10 different weapon models, as the levels go up they change the color and name, but each weapon(with exeption to a few rares) falls into one catagory or another. For example one bladed knives, 3 bladed tiger claw thingys, if you look carefully at the wapons you're wielding you will notice these similarities
timidshadow

Post by timidshadow »

I believe its their original weapons, the ones they start with before you start equiping stronger ones and what not...
RykkuAlsheid

Post by RykkuAlsheid »

For some reason, you cannot get Balmung's Sword, the one with the blue stripe running down the middle with the little square cut out. He has a completely different sword that resembles Orca's. I always wondered why that is.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Cool, I figured that.
i2lovedothackersbbs

Re: movie weapons.

Post by i2lovedothackersbbs »

whenever i play any .hack game. i always keep the starting weapons and everything else. even in GU. cuz it is so natural to see them with those weapons after you watch the movies.