Changing volumes

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

How many hours do you play after you beat the game?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:38 pm

0-1 hours
No votes
1-3 hours
No votes
3-5 hours
17%
5-10 hours
83%

Total votes: 6

spyderflashkiller

Changing volumes

Post by spyderflashkiller »

I hate changing volumes like this. Everytime I beat one game i get all the best armors and rarest stuff spending hours getting ready for the next, and as soon as i get in the next game, my stuffs crappy compared to the new stuff. So it's almost a waist of time to even try to build up. Have ya'll noticed that.
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

Not really. I spent a long time building up at the end of Mutation to Outbreak, and it turned out being really handy. Got through the game a long ways before I witched any equipemnt, and that was mainly super rare drained stuff. So I play alot afterwords, unless i have the other game.
Mia

Post by Mia »

It's called..leveling up.
Thats what all RPGs do,Incase you havent noticed.
I mean,sure you can find the coolest Twin blades like Fish Skin.
But how long will that weapon hold out,how long will you keep using it,until you encounter another enemy possibly..10 levels higher than you.
That weapon wont do much,so its time to toss it away and get a new one,its that simple.Go ahead,keep the old ones you have,you wont last long.
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

You have to remember Mia, that some stuff is still good. Given, have a 50 50 split as far as my weapon usage goes. I am a level 76 right now, and I use both the Two Togeathers, but I also use my Crimson Raid still, great weapons. As far as armor goes, if you go too long, your screwed.
spyderflashkiller

Okay, i agree with you a little bit about keeping certain things, but i never even bothered using fishskin. I used the blades of bond. And they didn't last to long themselves, but i keep every weapon i need. Incase one has a spell i need, i switch to it. But i still change them constantly.
Mia

Post by Mia »

I also keep some of my rare as well,its just that,the main reason players upgrade,is too keep their status fair and without having to struggle later on in the games.
I dont see whats the big deal of getting new weapons,armor,items,etc after each volume..
Access

Post by Access »

To me it seems liek a lose/lose situation most of the time. You get some kickass equipment at the end of one game, and end up playing through with it for the whole next gam because they don't know how to make better equipment available. >__<; I've been playing with...oh...what was it again...? I don't even remember, but I've had it since the end of //INFECTION and every weapon in //MUTATION I've gotten has been worse thus far.
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

Most of my hours come from watching movies and generally farting around (but saving my progress). I've managed to clock up way too much time in Outbreak. I spent the most post-plot time in Outbreak (It's so much more fun to run around with Balmung!).

If I play through all of them again, I'll probably save that until the end. But otherwise, it bides time until the next game comes out.
beginner

Post by beginner »

I still have some weapons since infection. They still come in handy with the elementals and skills that they have. The armor I don't really care about. (exclued rare armor)
Access

Post by Access »

See, I never need the elemental stuff. I find so many scrolls about that the magic doesn't even phase my thoughts. :/
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

I usually spend a lot of time running through dungeons, maxing out Ryu books, and a bunch of other things when I finish the story part of the game. I also like watching the cutscenes.

I don't mind how my equipment is crap when I switch to the next volume. It only makes it a little more challenging and gives you a little more to do. Hunting down the rare equipment and rare items just gives me something else to do to add to my play time.
Access

Post by Access »

Cutscenes are fun, except for when it's like, a long one (end of Mutation, anyone?) I went through the whole dungeon, then did the cutscene then the whole Magus fight at least 9 times. How. Annoying. >__<!!!
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

Access wrote:Cutscenes are fun, except for when it's like, a long one (end of Mutation, anyone?) I went through the whole dungeon, then did the cutscene then the whole Magus fight at least 9 times. How. Annoying. >__<!!!
You can skip the sequences in game by pressing Start (or circle, I can never remember. One of the two). I learned it the hard way when I tried to pause Mia and Elk's intro in Infection. But yeah, those movies were annoying long.
Access

Post by Access »

It doesn't work for my. Believe me, I've had many a button mashing time during the repeats.
spyderflashkiller

Yeah, you just press the circle button in the scene to skip it.
chrissii

Post by chrissii »

i agree with Balmung. i did most of my final trading and Gott-statue-hunting and such in Infection right before Skeith, so I could level up. then i jumped right into Mutation since i had already bought it. however, i just beat Mutation a few days ago, and since i don't yet have Outbreak, i've spent a good 4 hourse levelling up and completing Ryu Book requirements and such... and of course, those darn Gruntys. :roll: so i guess i'll vote 3-5 hours. 8)