Parody Mode Translation

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

lycorispeony

Parody Mode Translation

Post by lycorispeony »

Since it has been mentioned about here and there on the forums...I'm curious to ask whether any group has attempted to translate this?

From what I found on Youtube, I've managed to find a Korean translation of Infection and Quarantine and that's basically it. =X
(My Japanese level pretty basic to the point that I can only introduce myself and that's it. XD)

For those who don't know what it is, I've included one of the videos sans Korean subtitles =p

Kazetrigger

Re: Parody Mode Translation

Post by Kazetrigger »

The dialogue hasn't changed a whole lot. It's basically the regular version of the game with punch lines and dialect put in where you least expect them.

For example, when Orca and Kite see Aura being changed by Skeith here's what happens (CAPS show what is different from the regular version):

Orca: Did you see that just now?
Kite: What was it? Could it be...?!
Orca: JUST THE TYPE OF CUTE GIRL THAT I LIKE!! IS SHE BEING CHASED BY THAT BLACK THING? Let's go!

When Aura meets Orca, she calls him a "sticky-footed idiot".

I'd translate the whole thing, but it's too long. It doesn't affect the storyline as it's non-canon.

Also, this Youtube video apparently has an english translation built into the captions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCvObybl51A
lycorispeony

Post by lycorispeony »

Kazetrigger wrote:The dialogue hasn't changed a whole lot. It's basically the regular version of the game with punch lines and dialect put in where you least expect them.

I'd translate the whole thing, but it's too long. It doesn't affect the storyline as it's non-canon.
Ahh, not a problem ^^' The games are rather lengthy, so its understandable that it would be an enormous task to do so. Plus, the Japanese-only references are self-explanatory.

(The Gundam references really made my day. I don't think I laughed as hard as I did with the Trilogy parody compared to this one =p)

In terms of its non-canon status, that would put it on par with .hack//4koma, GIFT and G.U Trilogy Parody Mode, right?

Anyway, thanks for sharing the link. That was much appreciated.

(And now we know why most MCs in the .hack series are not normal. They've been following orders by a hamster who's been disguised as the goddess of the internet) XD
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^_^ Thanks for sharing that link and explanation, always wondered what parody mode was like and I see why they didn't include it in the localised version lol