Did you ever get to level 99?

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Re: Did you ever get to level 99?

Post by TheEnigma »

SpectralAura wrote:Ouch, it hurts... Did you happen to pass the dungeon?
Yes, its one of the most nasty effects of using Data Drain. I have yet to see the instant Game Over which I never seen in my life.
Yes i passed it on my second attempt threw. Brought helba and elk and whooped mad ass :)
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

TheEnigma wrote:
Yes, its one of the most nasty effects of using Data Drain. I have yet to see the instant Game Over which I never seen in my life.
Yes i passed it on my second attempt threw. Brought helba and elk and whooped mad ass :)
Congratulations on passing the impossible. :) I wished the rewards were better haha.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

SpectralAura wrote:
TheEnigma wrote:
Congratulations on passing the impossible. :) I wished the rewards were better haha.
Yeah same here. I rarely used Mia to begin with unless the story asked for it really. I was kinda dissappointed that was all i got.
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

I'd have put the class changer system. It'd make those Limited Rare gears hunting worthwhile. Only the die hard fans of Mia will be happy of that. :D
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Yeah. I did. However, because of that last, horrifying, and extremely tedious dungeon, which forces you to spam Data Drain and raise the infection rate at ridiculously high levels, I fell six levels.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

@SpectralAura
Yeah i agree. I would haver preffered a lot of things over Mia

@Tri-Edge
Damn 6 levels? I feel for you man, i really do.
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

@ Tri Edge, Wow, 6, I imagine how fast the infection rate goes up at Lv93. I only lost 1 level in that dungeon. I feel lucky... x_x
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Infection Rate's a ****. All I can say. T_T
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:Infection Rate's a ****. All I can say. T_T
Actually it never bothered me until that dungeon. Up until that point my Infection Rate very rarely went about 25%. I never really used DD unless i really had to.
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

Same here. Before that dungeon, highest I've been was Green.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

SpectralAura wrote:Same here. Before that dungeon, highest I've been was Green.
Yeah exactly. F*** that dungeon. I never want to go back to it ever again unless i plan on commiting suicide as soon as a finish it lol.
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

I had gone there due to the Item Completion Event. I had no other way to get the Cadeceus Rod & Angel Axe. This was my first and last trip there. I believe it's the same for everyone. :)
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Yeah I doubt anybody here wanted to make a return trip there for shits and gigs
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

TheEnigma wrote:Yeah I doubt anybody here wanted to make a return trip there for shits and gigs
They could still provide another challenge: Clear all 93 dungeon portals.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

SpectralAura wrote:
TheEnigma wrote:Yeah I doubt anybody here wanted to make a return trip there for shits and gigs
They could still provide another challenge: Clear all 93 dungeon portals.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!.....Sure....
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

I know, that's suicide, but if you feel lucky on chest portals and normal monsters, that's pretty much possible.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

SpectralAura wrote:I know, that's suicide, but if you feel lucky on chest portals and normal monsters, that's pretty much possible.
You won't. Trust me. Luck doesn't lasts for THAT long D8 You'll run into Data Bugs FAR MORE than into normal enemies and treasure chests, simply because of the way the game assigns the amount of each since you enter (it's like a ratio, it's not just "random"...if you ever go to the dungeon, take the shortest route, and "feel lucky" as you run into treasure chests and normal monsters constantly, it's because ALL OTHER ROOMS are infested with the Data Bugs). And well, even if you assume you have the "best" possible luck and do things as carefully and correctly as possible, you'll start getting MAX Infection penalties by B6-B7, and assuming you get one penalty per 4 battles (in truth you'll get one each 2 Data Drains...but, we're assuming insane luck here), you'll get around 10 penalties at least. Yeah, it's VERY possible for none of them to be an Instant Game Over...but have fun leaving the dungeon with -10 levels or all your inventory lost D8
Suicide is actually a far smarter option than this challenge .__. I wouldn't even consider it a "challenge", since the chance of success doesn't depend on you exactly...but on how nice the game is for wanting/not wanting to give you an instant game over, and all you'll do is repeat the same over and over with each enemy while hoping for the best.

...And that isn't even the most "hardcore/insane/suicidal/too-much-hate-for-yourself challenge" you could do in that area. That one challenge would be THIS:
-Clear all Field portals/Defeat all enemies on the Field Area
-Clear all Dungeon portals and rooms
-Solo Kite, don't bring any allies/team members
-Use Drain Heart only

Good luck ._____. lol
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

I don't think he'll survive this. Drain heart will skyrocket the infection rate and plus, Data Drain would be best, but clearing more than 100+ portals with data bugs and to get some with chests & with normal enemies. That is giving yourself a game over even before its started. :p

P.S Luck can last long, but I wonder if the game will 100% crush it after a certain time while having 100% Infection.
Minato

Post by Minato »

My first play through of the games, I finally got to Corbenik after getting all those god-forsaken virus cores..........
And I could not for the life of me beat him.
So I deleted all my game files and started fresh from the beginning and 100% completed EVERY DUNGEON I EVER WENT TO... I was 99 well before Corbenik and beat his ass with ease.
Kim_Hyral

Post by Kim_Hyral »

I almost gave up for that secret epilogue dungeon when most of the monsters are Data Bugs =_="
You have to be lucky to beat it!