So... JUST fought Fidchell.

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

GyppyGirl2021

So... JUST fought Fidchell.

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

No, literally, just fought it. And beat the snot out of it. Being level 71 helped my cause a lot. :P

I hesitate to think how Gorre will be, though. Just from what I've heard about it, it's pretty tough compared to some of the other Phases... Skeith gave me minimal problems, though it was the only Phase fight so far I've had to restart on (likely because I was level 28 the first time I fought it...). And I've also pretty much reached the Sigma server level cap (I think), so it'll become increasingly hard to level up from here on out.

Though, on the subject of Fidchell. Since Elk was being emo and moping, I took Wiseman along instead. (I had to do a major equipment upgrade for both BlackRose and Wiseman with a minimal amount of cash beforehand, so I did a LOT of trading.) I counted in between 10 and 20 minutes from the beginning of the fight to the end - and I don't recall a single casualty. For cryin' out loud, the damn thing was doing less damage than Innis!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: So... JUST fought Fidchell.

Post by TheSorrow »

...Overlevelling much? XD Well, i don't remember Fidchell being complicated at all, especially because his attacks are SO DARN predictable, not so very powerful and he can't use them in a row.
Gorre can be hard, but at this point you should be pretty much used to attacks that kill a party member in an instant (well, should be indeed, since you sound like you levelled up alot enough to avoid anything like that), and the only new thing to consider is which face you're going to hit and not losing track of it, but it's easier than it sounds. The real difficult Phases you should be worried about for now are Macha and Tarvos...Tarvos is an upgraded Gorre while Macha will make you regret having powerful party members if you're unlucky XP
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, I think Macha's pretty much gonna be the biggest **** because of Suspicious Seduction. The whole swapping tolerances part isn't going to bug me much because I had absolutely no trouble with that when I fought Cubia. I have to keep an eye on what tolerance my target has, though... xD

I think Tarvos' other attacks will pose more of a problem than tolerance swapping, tbh... then again, I've only fought Cubia once and I don't even have QUARANTINE. xD
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Yeah, I think Macha's pretty much gonna be the biggest **** because of Suspicious Seduction.
Not really. All you have to do is get far away from the others and the only casualty from the attack should be one supporting member, unlike Tarvos and his stupid Cursed Death Play, which usually goes straight for Kite. At a certain distance, Charmed and Confused members won't attack each other and just stand there instead. It may take a bit longer with Kite having to fight long range, but it's much safer.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Um, won't Rip Maen/Resurrect solve the Kite OHKO problem? ^^'

Well, I'm not sure there's any forewarning as to when a Phase will use their attacks, other than dashing to the other side of the field (which is unpredictable, and I generally try to chase after them reflexively...).

edit: Oh, you meant to stay away for the duration of the fight? That makes things a lot simpler.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Not really. All you have to do is get far away from the others and the only casualty from the attack should be one supporting member, unlike Tarvos and his stupid Cursed Death Play, which usually goes straight for Kite.
You must have been unlucky. It always went towards Wiseman or Balmung in my party. To express how cheap IMOQ was, every phases' Data Drain aimed at Kite and ONLY Kite for the majority of the battles for me. >:(
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Um, won't Rip Maen/Resurrect solve the Kite OHKO problem? ^^'
It's more about prevention in the case of Macha, and luck with Tarvos. I consider maintaining full control at all times the most important rule in .hack combat.

But yes, I did mean get and stay away from the rest of the party for the entire fight with Macha since Charm is her most dangerous weapon. The Phases do follow patterns that can be discerned with careful study so you don't have to do this, but unless you're planning to write a guide or do a speed run, I wouldn't bother with trying to figure it out.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Geez, thanks. xD

I haven't had much trouble with OHKO moves (I prevented Magus from attacking with its leaves entirely, and Skeith's Data Drain + cross swing practically counts as a OHKO regardless). But... at level 99 it'll probably be tougher xD

FYI, MZ I love your signature. :p
Azure Ace

Post by Azure Ace »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote: FYI, MZ I love your signature. :p
Definitely. That is ***** brilliant!
I'm about to fight Fidchell myself. (Never finished IMOQ) Anyway, so is Gorre harder than Skeith? I've heard most people say that Skeith is the hardest fight in the series, but I had more trouble with Cubia Core in Mutation. (Why do people keep saying it's not that hard...?) BTW, is Tarvos that difficult?
Let me rephrase this:
Is Skeith harder than Gorre and is Gorre harder than Tarvos?
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

When I played it should be Tarvos, Skeith than Gorre at least that is how I remember going from hardest starting with Tarvos to Gorre they aren't very strong.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I fought Gorre last night. Was level 72 (gained a level in the dungeon), and it really wasn't that difficult. I didn't have to use many items - all I did was bring Balmung and BlackRose and focus on the head with magic tolerance. (I would've pressed on when I started QUARANTINE... but I really didn't want to suddenly run into the Macha fight by accident. I haven't really played through IMOQ before, so I don't know all the Phase keywords.)

And as for the question, I haven't even gotten to Macha yet, but so far the toughest Phase was by far Skeith. (And Cubia was a breeze for me in both the fights I've fought him. >.<)