Aura mother debate

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

Twilisapien

Aura mother debate

Post by Twilisapien »

okay so who do you guys think aura is relating to when she says "mother" after kite stabs her

Morgonna?
or
Emma Weilant?

i say emma of course

i mean she was ment to be emma and haralds daughter that never was
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Re: Aura mother debate

Post by Gemcrim »

I doubt she would know anything about Emma.
So I'm going with Morganna, even though she was a ****. Then again Aura grows to become an apathetic child neglecting **** anyway, so Morganna as a mother figure sounds about right.
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

hm, i think she knew emma, i mean harald did do the programming and can implant memoirs and information
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I believe Aura started to come into existence after Emma's death (which is why Harald kept working on it), so it's very doubtful that she knew Emma. And even if she did, Morganna was the one who served as her mother, who should look for her birth and well-development until she became the Ultimate AI (trying to kill her all the time, but a mother anyhow). Plus she fuses with Morganna after that (or whatever she did, i forgot what it was exactly XD), so it makes alot more sense that it was directed to Morganna rather than a woman she only knows thanks to Harald's memories but means nothing to her.

So yeah, Morganna.
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

TheSorrow wrote:I believe Aura started to come into existence after Emma's death (which is why Harald kept working on it), so it's very doubtful that she knew Emma. And even if she did, Morganna was the one who served as her mother, who should look for her birth and well-development until she became the Ultimate AI (trying to kill her all the time, but a mother anyhow). Plus she fuses with Morganna after that (or whatever she did, i forgot what it was exactly XD), so it makes alot more sense that it was directed to Morganna rather than a woman she only knows thanks to Harald's memories but means nothing to her.

So yeah, Morganna.
but in liminality they were stating (as a some how alternate universe plot device) that aura was the special connection or so that harald made between him and her
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Liminality can say all it wants, doesn't change the fact that Aura feels that Morganna is her mother. Harald may be all "Emma's your mom lol", but Aura's really the one with the authority to name who her mother is, as Morganna actually did the damn work and Emma had no involvement with her. It's also worth noting that Aura doesn't seem to consider Harald her father. Or atleast, not a very good one. This might be why she created Zefie without a father figure; from Aura's worldview, the father is an unnecessary figure.
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

hm, good argument, but not concrete, good though
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

How's it not concrete? The main point of the argument is fact.
Musashi Kojira

Post by Musashi Kojira »

Twilisapien wrote:hm, good argument, but not concrete, good though
Your argument's the none concrete one. Aura showed no signs of acknowledging who the hell Harald or Emma are in any portion of the .hack series. The fact that Emma had no personal involvement in the development of Aura also doesn't help you.

The "mother" you heard Aura say at the end of IMOQ was in reference to Morganna, not Emma.
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

Musashi Kojira wrote:
Twilisapien wrote:hm, good argument, but not concrete, good though
Your argument's the none concrete one. Aura showed no signs of acknowledging who the hell Harald or Emma are in any portion of the .hack series. The fact that Emma had no personal involvement in the development of Aura also doesn't help you.

The "mother" you heard Aura say at the end of IMOQ was in reference to Morganna, not Emma.

but morgonna is more of the aunt that raped her but payed her way through college...

i mean, shes just a mother program, not only that i think the creators of .hack wouldve made it emma because its alot more mysterious, which is what usually ends up in dot hack
Aura's Little Sister

Post by Aura's Little Sister »

Morganna...Emma has nothing to do with it.For heaven's sake Aura doesn't even know who the heck Emma is(I'm pretty sure that she doesn't know Harald as well).Sure Morganna did all that sh*t and stuff to her and everyone but she still AURA'S MOTHER and Aura pretty much knows that and Morganna is the only mother figure she ever had.No matter what Harald says about "Aura's ma & Emma's daughter and stuff.She is da product of our luv and blah"(Emma never even loved him that way :roll: ) Morganna was the person(program/AI :lol: ) that Aura was talking about.
but morgonna is more of the aunt that raped her but payed her way through college...

i mean, shes just a mother program, not only that i think the creators of .hack wouldve made it emma because its alot more mysterious, which is what usually ends up in dot hack
Yeah,I agree with you on the first thing,what the hell a good mother Morganna was but still she was Aura's mother,both physical(As the mother program of course) and mentally(Only Mother figure she ever had again).Emma isn't and never will be Aura's mother unless,oh I don't know,Emma is somehow using her "All powerful psychic powers" to connect to the living and gotten herself involed in Aura's development and talked and developed an mother and daughter relationship with her or something...yeah...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Morganna pushed Aura out of her little digital womb. What more does she need to do? Emma didn't give birth to Aura, didn't raise her, didn't even contribute DNA or thoughts to the damn program. The Creators are about plot, not "what's mysterious", so that's a false premise right there.
Yeah,I agree with you on the first thing,what the hell a good mother Morganna was but still she was Aura's mother,both physical(As the mother program of course) and mentally(Only Mother figure she ever had again).Emma isn't and never will be Aura's mother unless,oh I don't know,Emma is somehow using her "All powerful psychic powers" to connect to the living and gotten herself involed in Aura's development and talked and developed an mother and daughter relationship with her or something...yeah...
Heh, nice allusion to my Epitaph theory.