Question about the games...

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

Nalerenn

Question about the games...

Post by Nalerenn »

I'm in a huge argument with two separate eBay sellers about Outbreak and Quarantine, so I want to double-check this with people more in the know than I am before I take it up with eBay themselves.

Basically, I managed to buy both games (both advertised as new and sealed) from two separate sellers, but they didn't come with the Liminality DVDs. So I gave them negative feedback for having me pay full price for half a product. Next thing I know, my feedback has them both claiming I'm a scammer, but that's not the problem here. We had an argument for the best part of a week over who was actually right (they claim it never said 'anime DVD' on the box, therefore it isn't inside, though I'm 100% certain it's a sticker). Eventually, one of them pipes up saying there was a re-release at the end of last year for the EU version of the game. I can't find anything on this, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist. Now, I really want to double-check this, since I've had enough of them both. So, was there a re-release?
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: Question about the games...

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I'm not sure about the re-release info, but a search for the game covers on GameFaqs shows that the EU versions never advertised any anime DVD inside, whereas the JAP and US ones did (although they only showed the backside of the JAP Infection copy).
Nalerenn

Post by Nalerenn »

Yeah. Like I said, it was a sticker. Also, something I just noticed, was the ratings on the back mentioning 'movie content', so I'm 98% certain I'm right in this case. But still, I want to make that 100% so the seller can't try and worm their way out of it, somehow.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Does the game box actually comes with the 2 disk case-things? Or shows any proof that there should be 2 disks in it? If it doesn't and it looks just like a normal PS2 game box meant for one CD, then most likely it means those games only come the game and not the Liminality DVD, and it's a re-release or just another edition of the game. That or the DVD comes in a seperate way in the EU version, which i wouldn't know as i only know how both disks come in the US release :/
Dead

Post by Dead »

i bought the us versions the moment they hit the shelves, i dont have my cases or games at the moment, but after years of owning them i can assure you that the "Anime DVD Inside" blue star with yellow font on the front of the box is NOT a sticker. it is a part of the original slider boxart thing. when you open the game, it should have the 2 disc flap, the front flap containing the liminality dvd's, the second side or backing dvd holder button containing the actual games.

Judging from your information thus far, im fairly certain that you bought the re release european .hacks. this is the first time im hearing about them, but seeing as how they were advertised as unopened original packaging, and since here in the us practically every copy has been sold and resold, and since your copies have no blue star with yellow font, im going to confidently wager that you bought euros. sorry to have to say it and hope this info helps.

oh and " movie content " on the back of the box could simply refer to the in game movies.
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

Dead wrote:i bought the us versions the moment they hit the shelves, i dont have my cases or games at the moment, but after years of owning them i can assure you that the "Anime DVD Inside" blue star with yellow font on the front of the box is NOT a sticker. it is a part of the original slider boxart thing. when you open the game, it should have the 2 disc flap, the front flap containing the liminality dvd's, the second side or backing dvd holder button containing the actual games.

Judging from your information thus far, im fairly certain that you bought the re release european .hacks. this is the first time im hearing about them, but seeing as how they were advertised as unopened original packaging, and since here in the us practically every copy has been sold and resold, and since your copies have no blue star with yellow font, im going to confidently wager that you bought euros. sorry to have to say it and hope this info helps.

oh and " movie content " on the back of the box could simply refer to the in game movies.
Europe dosen't have the brain to re-release... we don't even have G.U. yet, and it costs the double game prize in taxes to import them from U.S
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

I've asked around about this and I've been told there wasn't any rereleases.

There has been a number of situations where people have purchased .hack games without the //Liminality discs being included though. A definite way to tell if it was included is to look inside the spine of the DVD case. If there are pins where an attachment can be placed, then //Liminality should have been included.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

:/ I've been checking the games ever time I see them and still haven't came across any remakes or platniums,clearly somethings up since the liminality dvds are required for the series.

..auchinawa