//IMOQ v. //AB

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

Crisys

//IMOQ v. //AB

Post by Crisys »

I was reading through the .hack//Another Birth novels and I got to the section where Elk, Mia, and Blackrose are going to search for Aromatic Grass and all that.

Since it has been awhile since I played through the series, I don't quite recall everything about the text in the game.

The question is: During the course of the game, does Mia ever say anything about how the only reason why she is hanging with Elk is because of her "memory" of Tsukasa? I mean, i realized that Mia was in fact Macha and that Elk definately resembled Tsukasa, but was it ever mentioned throughout the course of the game?
Daichi

Re: //IMOQ v. //AB

Post by Daichi »

It is a fact, that Mia sticked arraound with Elk, in the beginning, because he, and the arromatic grass reminded her of something good. (see some of the last episodes of //SIGN, and unison)

But AB is not that canon to the Origginal games. Heard of "Freedom of storyrewriting"?
Asyllum

Post by Asyllum »

Crisys wrote:
The question is: During the course of the game, does Mia ever say anything about how the only reason why she is hanging with Elk is because of her "memory" of Tsukasa? I mean, i realized that Mia was in fact Macha and that Elk definately resembled Tsukasa, but was it ever mentioned throughout the course of the game?
i think its quite true, regarding of what happened in Unison
Phyllo27

Post by Phyllo27 »

Asyllum wrote:
Crisys wrote:
i think its quite true, regarding of what happened in Unison
But i am kinda surprised that Mia didn't notice how different Elk was from Tsukasa :p Elk being kinda umm clingy... and Tsukasa being kind of the opposite >>;;.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

When Mia was talking about the dream she had of some Wavemaster in Another Birth, that was with BlackRose. Just because Mia never mentioned it to Kite doesn't rule out BlackRose's experience.
Aura's Little Sister

Post by Aura's Little Sister »

I like to think so.After watching .hack//Sign for the first time(I played the games first before anything else) I thought "So that's why Mia and Elk are together.Mia must had still have faint memories of her previous life and first was attracted to Elk by him looking very like Tsukasa unconsiouslly.".Sorry if it doesn't makes sense,I not the best writer in the world XD.Another Birth pretty much proves that and Another Birth is most of the time canon to the games(except for some differents like in Kite and Blackrose first meeting they lines were switched around XD but this could be an traslation mistake).Mia could have never have the right time to tell Kite or/and simply didn't want to tell him.