Quarantine's Rarity

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

Shift

Re: Quarantine's Rarity

Post by Shift »

Well I purchased my copy around when it first came out I believe and it was only forty dollars. It must be quite rare these days for a place such as Gamestop to be selling it for up to sixty dollars.
Pyrosphere

Post by Pyrosphere »

In complete honesty, when I purchased my copy of Quarantine it cost me about $60 from eBay. Also, I searched high and low for an alternative, but that's the only way to get your hands on a copy in my experience. Sorry :?
Pirosthe3rd

Post by Pirosthe3rd »

The first one i got was actually #3, but i got the first two so i started over. Four, the only place i could even find that was my friend, 10 bucks. Yeah though, they're getting really rare nowadays. I wounder how much they would be worth in a couple years??
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

I found all 4 at game stop, and I am buying them all (my friend works there and has them set back for me.) I already got 2/4 XD but down here in Louisiana there aren't many .hack fans so there is no rush.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

down where i live there is so many of them. thats because i am literally the only person in like a 50 mile radius that likes .hack.
minnie

Post by minnie »

I was lucky enough to find out about the games after watching the .hack//sign series, and managed to snap them up one by one as they were released here in NZ.
for those over here who didn't get hold of the games at the time of release, they are finding it hard to get any copies now, though one may pop up now and again and get snapped up by some fan or other lol.
I've still got my fingers crossed and hope like mad that the G.U. games will get released here too :/
Wev22592

Post by Wev22592 »

Man i need to find Quarantine bad that the last game i need to complete my Collection
:(
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

never noticed it 10 months ago.. times maybe have change :lol:
Prepare to Die

Post by Prepare to Die »

In my case, the rarity was Outbreak.. :(
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

around here I see them all the time, all four games,, SO i bought them, I remember Infection was 17 and one of them was 24

and LOL at the dude who wasted $60
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

Yeah nowadays it seems that everyone's finally letting go of their copies, so now the games are fairly common. Outbreak and Quarentine are still on the somewhat rare list, but I see them much more frequently now, although I still see them sell for about 25-35 a piece.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

i don' t think i will ever be able to give up and part ways with my copies of any .hack game.
Terejima Ryoko

Post by Terejima Ryoko »

i wouldnt either. i went through hell to get the last two volumes. especially quarantine! i had to do alot of internet hunting for it.
tsukasa4692

Post by tsukasa4692 »

i played Infection when i was like 11 or something. it seemed fun, and i had never heard of .hack in my life. then a year after that my friend and i watched the anime they showed on CatroonNetwork at like 1 in the dam monrning. it was the legend of teh twlight bracelet. so anyway i thought it was cool. i found and beat mutation, then a few months later outbreak, and 4 years later, i had FINALLY found quarantine... kinda.
All i can say is that if you wanna play it really bad, get gamefly. they actually have it. (right now i prolly got the only copy lol)
but eventually im gonna get IMOQ and play them all the way thru (ive been wanting to see what itd be like if i converteed the data each time :D)
.hack//Tri-Kite4106

Post by .hack//Tri-Kite4106 »

i think Quarantine was the easiest for me to find as it was at Target in clearance for 20$, I somehow got every .hack game new, lucky! Although I am wondering, did they make only so many copies of each game? cuz if you look on the side of each old .hack It not only has the regular SLUS # but something called the item # as well. Never seen that before, so were there only a limited realease in the first place? btw my Item # is 18014 for Quarantine
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

CC Corp at the time was struggling for sales, and since it was in all matter concerning an "experimental" game, it wasn't expected to sell well. They released it in limited quantities and since it ended up being a sleeper hit, they couldn't cover for the amount of U.S. sales it ended up making. Think Z.O.E. 2nd Runner...
Wev22592

Post by Wev22592 »

Got it finally
it mines T_T i got yesterday finally waited long time for this
Well got to go
*Turns to the TV and starts playing non stop*
hanoodles

Post by hanoodles »

i had a problem finding outbreak but so i was forced to buy all 4 and sell 3
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

I bought Infection used used about a year after it came out and back then I could find them all used for about 20 dollars at every game store. Then about six months later I tried to find Mutation but no one had it. At this time there was still an abundance of the other three though so I bought Outbreak and didnt play it untill I had to buy mutation over the internet. That was 4 years ago and for some reason I never got around to buying quaratine. Now in the present I can find Infection and Outbreak at every store iv been to and mutation somtimes but never quaratine. Oh yeah my area is Lexington KY.
hanoodles

Post by hanoodles »

that sucks
and i plan on replying to all the dead threads ahahahahahahaha :shock:
eaglesiegle wrote:I bought Infection used used about a year after it came out and back then I could find them all used for about 20 dollars at every game store. Then about six months later I tried to find Mutation but no one had it. At this time there was still an abundance of the other three though so I bought Outbreak and didnt play it untill I had to buy mutation over the internet. That was 4 years ago and for some reason I never got around to buying quaratine. Now in the present I can find Infection and Outbreak at every store iv been to and mutation somtimes but never quaratine. Oh yeah my area is Lexington KY.