Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

i hope not the first time was annoying enough
Blanket of Doubt
Location: Within the laberynth of the Bitter Fantasy Mirror World

Post by Blanket of Doubt »

If there is a new version of Cubia.. Wouldn't that mean an ally to the phases? I mean...  He was created to protect the world from hackers and illeagal items... Designed to protect Aura and the Phases. So that would meana dangerous enemy for the evil looking Kite
kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

that is a good theory
DayBreak

Post by DayBreak »

Greetings Beo.. I am not going to read pages 2 and 3...
If you didnt notice the "Bracelet" does not cast a shadow....
As it is clear.
In LOTB, Aura had full power so she removed Cubia before it needed to be active.
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

Sensui06 wrote:
Beowulf wrote: 
On this //Liminality disk there is an easter egg that explains what all the phases were originally before Morganna corrupted them and other little goodies. So if you want you can check yourself to see all the different descriptions.
Mind to post that ^_^;; please......... and what disk is it to i only have the 2nd and 3rd.
Do you want me to post the information on all the phases, or just Cubia? I already posted all the info on Cubia, but will re-post it in this post. As for what //Liminality the information comes from, it is the fourth.

Cubia definitely was an anti-hacker program. In fact, here is the entire description of Cubia, verbatim, from the fourth //Liminality disk.

Cubia

Morganna could anticipate human behavior and plan ahead. One example of this was Cubia, a monster designed to balance the game against hackers and edited character data.

Cubia was meant to seek out malicious players with illegal abilities or items like the Bracelet and Data Drain them, deleting their PC files. Until Kite received the "Book of Twilight" and the Bracelet, no players fitting this description had appeared, so Cubia had not been seen. Once the Bracelet became active, Cubia sought Kite whenever he came in contact with Aura, because it believed Kite was a threat to the system, to which Aura belonged. Cubia did not attempt to attack Aura or the malfunctioning Morganna because it saw both Morganna and Aura as parts of the game world.

Cubia disappeared when Kite destroyed the Bracelet because the danger to the system was removed and its job was done. Cubia remains in the system, however, and should something new appear that threatens game balance it will launch again. Cubia adopted Kite's character data every time that it was launched and was able to keep pace with Kite's increasing powers.

DayBreak wrote:Greetings Beo.. I am not going to read pages 2 and 3...
If you didnt notice the "Bracelet" does not cast a shadow....
As it is clear.
In LOTB, Aura had full power so she removed Cubia before it needed to be active.
Well, greetings to you too DayBreak. Now, you have me slightly confused as to what you mean by the Bracelet not casting a shadow. If you remember from playing the game, it was a metaphor to refer to how Cubia and the Bracelet are connected.  The bracelet is the light, while Cubia is the shadow, they are different sides of the same coin. While, I suppose it is possible that Aura removed Cubia, I am skeptical of that.

Now I just noticed this, but as you can see in the info about Cubia, it clearly states that  he is still in the system and will be launched if something new in the game is upsetting the balance. So....since Cubia hasn't attacked Kite, or Shugo, then perhaps when the new Bracelet was given to Kite (and transferred to Shugo) Aura had slightly re-written the data in the Bracelet so that it was part of "The World" and thus would not register as a threat.
DayBreak

Post by DayBreak »

Indeed. It was sopposed to be a joke... But no you had get all confused...

Kite is Twilight Dragon = Darkness
The Bracelet=Light
Cubia=Shadow

Here
Heads side of coin= The Bracelet
Tails side of coin= Cubia
Kite Hand both holds the Bracelet and Cubia in his hands= Hands of coin holder...

When I was done with the game I was in deep thought why cubia would not come back after, but by then I knew. Aura had full power disembal cubia so she did and gave the Bracelet to Kite again.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

DayBreak wrote:Kite is Twilight Dragon
*coughs*

In the Epitaph, Kite is the Shadowed One, Orca's the Twilight Dragon, and Cubia is the Hidden One.
DayBreak

Post by DayBreak »

Meh. You must have a cold.
Then the game is wrong the poem is right.
Thumbs up
XD
Orca's the Twilight Dragon
what gave you that idea?
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

First stanza
Yet to return, the shadowed one (Kite)
who quests for the Twilight Dragon (Orca)
Now your way would say
Yet to return, the shadowed one (Cubia)
who quests for the Twilight Dragon (Kite)
DayBreak

Post by DayBreak »

Indeed. Mine is better.
Cubia returns left and right some times though the clouds as well.
Helba was looking for the Dragon.
I think I have some thing here...
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Keep on reading my friend
The wife (Morganna) buffeted by "waves" (phase) turns her back on the field.
The daughter (Aura) that waited for the shadows (Kite) repeated
Yours
The wife (Morganna) buffeted by "waves" (phase) turns her back on the field.
The daughter (Aura) that waited for the shadows (Cubia) repeated
So Cubia helps Aura to defeat the phases? I guess you are on to something...that never happened.
DayBreak

Post by DayBreak »

Yes.
I am done spamming.

Fine.

Then you tell him how it works...
I am working on my own poem.... I am more confused then him >.>
Oh... I could give you a incomplet copy...
EH.

You tell him then I will read what you have to say.
kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

what end of a shadow says makes complete sense cause if cubia was trying to heplp arura then why would cubia stop kite from meeting arura everytime they met
Phase 9

Crap!

Post by Phase 9 »

We are overlooking something! I believe that Zombie Kite may come in to play somewhere: You said that the Shugo's bracelet, without Cubia, no longer has the "Yin" that Kite's bracelet once had. Also, Shugo's bracelet is somewhat weaker than Kite's, not to mention in a different format. I am just guessing, but perhaps the "Yin" was some kind of irrepairable damage to Kite's character data...!
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Ok, one, Cubia is the trash data created by the Bracelet, yes? Now, the New Bracelet Aura gave Kite probably had some more efficient way to deal with this trash data. Instead of discarding it, it simply deleted it. In symbolism terms, you could think of it this way. We have the old Twilight Bracelet at sunset, where the sun is still shining but casting a shadow at the same time. The night of the phases ends, and the next "morning" Aura gives Kite a Daylight Bracelet. A bracelet that shines at noon so that no shadow can exist. Of course, if you must insist that Cubia still exists, then you can think of it this way. Cubia first appeared because Kite defeated a Phase and discarded ALL that data, giving enough to make Cubia functional. With the new Bracelet, there's no Phases, and thusly not enough data. And I won't even get in Shugo's Bracelet. That one's bizaare up the wazoo. However, the idea of a Good Cubia coming in human form to fight Dark Kite would be interesting. or maybe that Cubia data just loads itself into a PC to give them special powers. First it was Human Kite VS AI Cubia, now it's Human Cubia VS AI Kite. ;)

As for the person who brought up the thing about Zefie and the Phases, just no. The Phases only existed to complete Aura's AI program so that she would be, for all intents and purposes, a digital human. Twilight has passed, and Aura makes Zefie effortlessly, since she already has all the data she needs on humanity to make her.

I also want to digress that yes, Kite WAS the Twilight Dragon. Only the Twilight Dragon had the power to defeat the Wave. The Shadowed One seeking/waiting for the Twilight Dragon is Aura, since she's looking for the Twilight Dragon/Kite, and she's in shadow since she's not the complete Shining Girl.

I also don't think Shugo's Bracelet is so much as weak, but just safeguarded, since Aura only gave it to him to help him fulfill his wish out of a crush. If the World was in peril and Kite wasn't available, Aura would simply take off the safeguard, assuming she can't just like, delete the threat being a digital God.

I stick to my theory of Dark Kite being Cubia's son-sorta
Phase 9

Post by Phase 9 »

Something I wanted to mention, maybe a clue to all this:

Data cannot truly be deleted, it can only be rewritten, moved, and isolated. Even when you delete something in Recycle Bin, you are just telling the computer it has permission to alter the data. Even if Shugo's bracelet deleted the data, that does not mean it ceases to exist. It is possible that some data lingered, even if the rest was moved and/or altered.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Data cannot truly be deleted, it can only be rewritten, moved, and isolated. Even when you delete something in Recycle Bin, you are just telling the computer it has permission to alter the data. Even if Shugo's bracelet deleted the data, that does not mean it ceases to exist. It is possible that some data lingered, even if the rest was moved and/or altered.
That's partially true, Phase 9, data CAN be permanently deleted. When something is deleted in the Recycling Bin, it is rendered into a 0 kb ghost file, and those files are purged and permanently deleted when the drive is formatted. With all the updates CC Corp gives the World, the servers would be essentially formatted. Not to mention that most MMORPG's contain a Reaper program to delete certain files like ghost files, viruses, cookies, and temporary files. Heck, that might not even be needed with Aura around. She can do whatever the heck she wants and no one can do a thing about it.
FlameSage

Post by FlameSage »

kite_blackrose wrote:what end of a shadow says makes complete sense cause if cubia was trying to heplp arura then why would cubia stop kite from meeting arura everytime they met
That's like saying a mother (or father?) wouldn't protect the daughter from something they think will hurt the child...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

except that Cubia's purpose wasn't to defend Aura, but to kill Kite.
random

Post by random »

If Cubia's main goal was to delete any data treatening the system, then wouldn't attack Shugo if it wasnt deleted?
In GU, wouldnt TRI-EDGE be Cubia if he wanted to deleted the eight phases who might threaten the system. O yea, what if Cubia had updated the data he got from Kite and made Tri-Edge?