End of Cubia?? Caution you are about to enter a spoiler zone

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

Ardo wrote:
Lotus wrote:Irs only speculation
If it's only speculation, then let me speculate: Perhaps Helba, being the hacker that she is, found the Epitaph of Twilight, thought it had meaning, and, when the situation it applied to arose, assumed the role that she thought best fit her.

Now, as for Cubia...

I feel that he's still around, but since the Bracelet won't be threatening the system anymore, Cubia won't be showing up. Or Aura could restrict him.
That could be. Maybe he's in a sleep mode or somethin I dunno this topic is making my head hurt.

BTW Lotus dont double post just edit the first post. OK thnx :D
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

Heh, well this topic is suppose to be making you think. It is a tough question and the possibilities are almost endless. You guys are doing a great job with all these different insights and theories.  I for one believe that Cubia is indeed still around. If I read everything right in the Easter Egg, then he is still around, but he is in a dormant state. The big question is what is it going to take for Cubia to be re-awakened? The bracelet was recreated, which in turn means that the light has returned, thus creating shadows, which of course is Cubia. Possibly the only time that there is a light that creates Cubia is when there is a great flash of light created as a result of a phase being absorbed. Perhaps it is not the bracelet alone that creates enough light to create Cubia, and it requires a catalyst (data draining a phase) in order to give off enough light in order to bring back Cubia. As long as there are no phases to data drain, then I do not think that Cubia will re-awaken. As long as the powers are not misused or there is no great evil that returns, I do not think that Cubia will be coming back. He will still be around, but he will stay dormant. My question is now, do you think that Cubia should have come back in LOTB, according to all the events that to place. Was there anything that Shugo did that could have been viewed as a threat to "The World" that should have awakened Cubia?

ps: fixed the double posting. Please avoid doing this. If you left something out, then hit the edit button and add it into that post. Even if it has been a couple of days since you posted last, until someone posts after you, it is best to edit what you want to say into your last post.
phant@m

Post by phant@m »

ok heres the technical side of Cubia and the NEW bracelet.

As you all know Cubia IS a program, but not just any standard one at that. Its sole purpose was to get rid of the bracelet and delete kite, AND since it never went after hackers such as Helba when it was designed to Morganna probably altered its programming to only go after kite since she knew that the percentage of finding Helba was very low. NOW THE AFTERMATH. YES Cubia is in a dormant state and why didnt it go after the new bracelet?? Well thats simple to any programmer of any kind. Cubia was programmed to follow one simple bracelet, which in its own was also a program that contained a unique code or SET of codes which allowed it perform such actions as gate hacking and data drain. NOW since the bracelet was destroyed Cubia couldnt find that Code it was programmed to find so it just....stopped. This new bracelet that was given to the main character in LOTB has a different code altogether, even though it probably can do the same things as the old one the code is still changed and Cubia cannot go after it until Morganna changes its programming to recognize the new code. *whew* theres a POSSIBLE answer, not THE answer.
FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

I have another question  since the phases were after Aura in the beginning do you think the creation of Zeffie caused a new program to be written?
Lotus

Post by Lotus »

I'm sorry about the double post, I wasnt aware that I could use the edit button. Thanks for telling me, it wont happen again.

This is a little off topic but the whole thing about the different coding... Shugo's bracelet can actually be seen so its obviously not the same one that Kite had.
 I was looking at my LOTB manga vol.1 and the little after-page thing shows Kite being destroyed and a "maximum data drain" is this a reference to the end of Cubia or Corbenik3's Drain Heart?

As for Morganna, if I'm understanding the Easter Egg correctly, when Aura gathered enough data and was reborn she merged with Morganna too. Both purposes are complete so Morganna no longer has any influence on the events of the game. "The Wave" was stopped and Morganna is now obsolete.
Suyo

Post by Suyo »

Maybe, when the bracelet was destroyed, Cubia's purpose was fulfilled so it was completly destoryed. Aura made sure of that so she created a new bracelet.

In LOTB, the reason we can see Shugo's bracelet is because he would look stupid just looking at his risk. and if they did somethign liek when Mia looks at kite's risk and the braclet glows, we'd get tired of seeing it over and over... so they just put it as an actual, visible bracelet...

those are my theorys...my head hurts... -_-;
DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

DragoZERO wrote:i believe the answer is the difference in the book of twilights...the final at the end of quarantine is named daylight...or something to that affect. therefore, this newer book eliminates cubia's existence. plus the wave is gone as well. so yeah...that makes sense.
Yeah, thats pretty much what I thought. Becasue isnt twilight the period of sun set, and then the book of daylight, (or was it dawn) is the suns rising, and it may seem confusing but if you think about it, it can all make sence.
Kite the TwinBlade

Post by Kite the TwinBlade »

well no matter how many times Cubia returns...theres always gonna be sum hero in the world thats gonna destroy it...
kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

yeah arura will keep making kite's bracelet so that cubia will be defeated and not harm "The World"
Kite the TwinBlade

mmhm....and despite that, kite would also be at a higher lvl each time cubia comes back so its only a matter of time wen hes completely destroyed
dead_forest

Post by dead_forest »

ido find some conclusion to it, when the bracelet was brought into this world the system hada file created to get rid of it, that file was cubia, when kite used the bracelet and deystroyed it it was no longer inside "the world" therfor cubias purpose was fulfiled and he was deystroyed as well.
Kite the TwinBlade

sorry to say but that didnt make much sense..sum1 mind explainin wat he jus said??
kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

i can't help you i just though cubia was just another phase fight
Kite the TwinBlade

Nah..I doubt that...it woulda said if it was a Phase monster....dont think it did......did it??????!
kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

no but i always thought that he was for some odd reason
Sensui06

Post by Sensui06 »

Beowulf wrote: 
On this //Liminality disk there is an easter egg that explains what all the phases were originally before Morganna corrupted them and other little goodies. So if you want you can check yourself to see all the different descriptions.
Mind to post that ^_^;; please......... and what disk is it to i only have the 2nd and 3rd.
GameMaster5001

I registered JUST to answer this...

Post by GameMaster5001 »

But, schedule willing, I might just become more than a lurker here. All right, here goes, this is not MY theory, it is something I heard from a very knowledgeable person named "Souten no Balmung" from the GameFAQs Message Boards. SPOILERS AHEAD!
(Dunno how to do the black-text thing, sorry, so just stop reading if you don't want to be spoiled)

Okay, go back and play //INFECTION. The FIRST time you see Cubia, if I remember right, is after you Data Drain Skeith, one of the Eight Phases. Now, every time you see Cubia after that, it is stronger...and every time you face Cubia after that, you have Data Drained more Phases. The final Phase of Cubia was right before the Final Phase, and was quite powerful.

Still with me? Okay. During that fight, the Bracelet was purposely shattered, and with it all the accumulated Data from the Phases in both the Bracelet and in Cubia was destroyed. Now, the theory from Balmung is that Cubia was born from the Data Draining of the Phases, really powerful NATURAL parts of the System. meant to help Aura, being destroyed.

That means that every Phase that is Data Drained makes Cubia stronger. As the Easter Egg in the Liminality DVD said, every time Cubia awoke, it "scanned" Kite and matched his power. In my opinion, this is because it took data from the Drained Phases and used it for itself, because it was "part" of the Bracelet it would have no trouble with this.

The final Phase was killed without Data Draining, so Cubia was not reborn. And since then Kite has not Data Drained any enemies of Phase-status, so Cubia will not be born again and get stronger.

It DOES make pretty good sense. After all, when the Bracelet shattered, it could be seen transmitting a big beam of SOMETHING into Cubia. I think that was //ERASE data, the loss of its power caused it to die.

Sorry for the super-long post. I might have gotten a few things wrong, but that is my take on the matter.

Edit: Added spoiler tags. Beowulf
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

Well, well, well that is quite a nice theory. Especially with  the bracelet sending out a //delete data signal when it was destroyed. I must say that I agree with what the theory states. That is fairly close to what I believe to be true about Cubia.

I must say that I am pleased that this topic has received so many theories concerning Cubia, and that it has even been the reason for a person to join the board. For those who do not know how to use spoiler tags, it is fairly simple. This is what you have to do to enable the spoiler tag. [spoiler*]spoiler information here[/spoiler]. Just remove the * and you will get  spoiler information here It's that easy, just make sure that you close the tag and that you have spelled spoiler correctly. Another option is to click on the spoiler button and it will put in the tags for you.
Hidden Blade

Post by Hidden Blade »

phant@m wrote:ok heres the technical side of Cubia and the NEW bracelet.

As you all know Cubia IS a program, but not just any standard one at that. Its sole purpose was to get rid of the bracelet and delete kite, AND since it never went after hackers such as Helba when it was designed to Morganna probably altered its programming to only go after kite since she knew that the percentage of finding Helba was very low. NOW THE AFTERMATH. YES Cubia is in a dormant state and why didnt it go after the new bracelet?? Well thats simple to any programmer of any kind. Cubia was programmed to follow one simple bracelet, which in its own was also a program that contained a unique code or SET of codes which allowed it perform such actions as gate hacking and data drain. NOW since the bracelet was destroyed Cubia couldnt find that Code it was programmed to find so it just....stopped. This new bracelet that was given to the main character in LOTB has a different code altogether, even though it probably can do the same things as the old one the code is still changed and Cubia cannot go after it until Morganna changes its programming to recognize the new code. *whew* theres a POSSIBLE answer, not THE answer.
I agree w/ phant@m. If you delete something from a computer, the memory is just marked as available, and not actually deleted. so even if you write the same thing over it, is it actually the same exact bracelet?
seraph

Post by seraph »

Since G.U. seems to have new versions of the 8 phases, maybe that means there will also be a new version of Cubia?