End of Cubia?? Caution you are about to enter a spoiler zone

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

For something to be born, something else has to die. Your personal opinions don't change the fact that Cubia is DEAD. Cubia is a perfect example of Apoptosis. For Aura to be born, Cubia has to die.
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

Daichi wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:No, it's a canon fact that Cubia died. We WATCHED IT HAPPEN! DUR DEE DUR!

Aura never "Had" the Bracelet. She made it specifically for Orca. Cubia was born when the Bracelet was created. Cubia cannot exist without the Bracelet, even in a disabled state. Likewise, the original Bracelet cannot exist without Cubia. (Aura's further Bracelets might be Cubia-proof.)

Skeith is not part of Cubia. That was just a special entrance to make Cubia look viscious. Cubia did inherit a body though from all the negativity Kite's Bracelet accumulated. Skeith was just the final straw.

Something tells me you get your information from the Liminality Easter Eggs. Well they're wrong.
no i dont, but such big part of the game as cubia CAN*T die!

I forbid it to die!
Cubia was an antagonist. What do you mean such a big part of the game can't die? Welcome to the real world...

Too bad, you're not canon.
Tri-Edge X

Post by Tri-Edge X »

AuraTwilight wrote:For something to be born, something else has to die. Your personal opinions don't change the fact that Cubia is DEAD. Cubia is a perfect example of Apoptosis. For Aura to be born, Cubia has to die.
"For Aura to be born, Cubia has to die." that not true, For Aura to be born Morganna had to die.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

AND Cubia.
Tri-Edge X

Post by Tri-Edge X »

How is it that Cubia had to die for Aura to be Born? Please explain.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because if Cubia doesn't die, then Aura can't properly integrate with Morganna because The World will still be all viral, messed up, and basically ruined due to Cubia's presence. Kite wants Aura to be born, so Cubia will do EVERYTHING in his power to stop it, even destroy her. It's all in .hack//Analysis.
Tri-Edge X

Post by Tri-Edge X »

Cubia's Presence wasn't the cause of the all the messed up stuff that was happening, it Morganna'a fault.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Morganna did most of it, but Cubia corrupted and infected everything he touched. That's a fact.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Morganna did most of it, but Cubia corrupted and infected everything he touched. That's a fact.
I seem to ask you about any doubt my mind creates, sorry for that XD Anyways

Was that infection also something for being against Kite (doing the opposite Kite wanted), or Cubia was itself something that could affect The World by just being there??
Sol

Cubia

Post by Sol »

I think it's important to consider something about the Bracelets that the Phases had; they were part of The World because the Phases were essentially eight different parts of Morganna. Cubia, who attacked Kite because of his Bracelet, had no concern for the Phases, save for the surges of data that gave him form and made him stronger as they were defeated.

Kite's Bracelet was not part of the system, as Aura stole the power to Data Drain from Morganna and put it into an Instillation Book. Thus Cubia would pursue him as per his Anti-Hacker programming.

When Aura gave Kite a new Bracelet the second time around she had replaced Morganna as the center of the world. Considering this, any Bracelet she would create from then on would be a part of the system like the Bracelet's belonging to the Phases and so Cubia would have no reason to resurface or relaunch his program. Even if he did, Cubia would need a data surge from something the size of a Phase to gain a form in The World, and virtually nothing like that exists anymore.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Was that infection also something for being against Kite (doing the opposite Kite wanted), or Cubia was itself something that could affect The World by just being there??
Opposing Kite.
I think it's important to consider something about the Bracelets that the Phases had; they were part of The World because the Phases were essentially eight different parts of Morganna. Cubia, who attacked Kite because of his Bracelet, had no concern for the Phases, save for the surges of data that gave him form and made him stronger as they were defeated.
The Phases didn't have Bracelets, but ok.
Kite's Bracelet was not part of the system, as Aura stole the power to Data Drain from Morganna and put it into an Instillation Book. Thus Cubia would pursue him as per his Anti-Hacker programming.
Other way around. Morganna took it from Aura. The Bracelet is unnatural due to being a segment of Aura's data, though, messing up the system.
When Aura gave Kite a new Bracelet the second time around she had replaced Morganna as the center of the world. Considering this, any Bracelet she would create from then on would be a part of the system like the Bracelet's belonging to the Phases and so Cubia would have no reason to resurface or relaunch his program. Even if he did, Cubia would need a data surge from something the size of a Phase to gain a form in The World, and virtually nothing like that exists anymore.
Basically, yea.
Sol

No Bracelets?

Post by Sol »

But then what was Kite and everyone being DDed with?
Other way around. Morganna took it from Aura. The Bracelet is unnatural due to being a segment of Aura's data, though, messing up the system.
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. Sorry, should've said that better.
Goldhawk00

Re: No Bracelets?

Post by Goldhawk00 »

Sol wrote:
Consider it like this:
In the game The World the abilities available to a player is limited by the equipment that they are currently wearing. In order to gain an ability, one most equip an item that possesses that ability. Do you follow?

The Installation Book; the Book of Twilight gives the player an additional item that they wear, a bracelet that grants them the ability to perform the skill 'Data Drain'.

Player Characters are unique in the game 'The World' because of this need for equipping items in order to use skills. Every other entity, monsters, Phases, etc., does not use this system of equipment, rather the abilities that they may and may not perform are hard coded into their data.
Do you get it?

The Phases don't need a bracelet because they can perform Data Drain and any other skil available to them intrinsically without resorting to armor or weapons or gaudy jewelry, it comes with the program if you will.
Sol

Post by Sol »

Goldhawk00 wrote:
Sol wrote:
Consider it like this:
In the game The World the abilities available to a player is limited by the equipment that they are currently wearing. In order to gain an ability, one most equip an item that possesses that ability. Do you follow?

The Installation Book; the Book of Twilight gives the player an additional item that they wear, a bracelet that grants them the ability to perform the skill 'Data Drain'.

Player Characters are unique in the game 'The World' because of this need for equipping items in order to use skills. Every other entity, monsters, Phases, etc., does not use this system of equipment, rather the abilities that they may and may not perform are hard coded into their data.
Do you get it?

The Phases don't need a bracelet because they can perform Data Drain and any other skil available to them intrinsically without resorting to armor or weapons or gaudy jewelry, it comes with the program if you will.
Oh, I see. So what the Phases have aren't considered bracelets as they are an integral part of their system. Kind of like how humans wear leather made from cows, but cows don't consider their own skin to be leather.
Last edited by Sol on Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldhawk00

Post by Goldhawk00 »

Sol wrote:Oh, I see. So what the Phases have aren't considered bracelets as they are an integral part of their system. Kind of like how humans were leather made from cows, but cows don't consider their own skin to be leather.
Precisely! =D

If everyone in the game that could use Data Drain had to have a braclet, we'd have... what? 10 something versions of Cubia eventually? ._.
Much simpler this other way, I think.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

10 Cubias! Imagine the look on poor Kite's face...
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

No we wouln't.
He wouldn't copy the data of each one individually.
It would be either all together,or the strongest one out of them(or if it acted the way it did with kites braclet,than it would be the collective shadow of everything all of the braclets data drained.)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Exactly. There's only one Cubia no matter what.

Besides, AI's can't prompt Cubia, so at most, it'd just be Kite and Shugo. Cubia  was created by Harald to keep anyone from abusing the Key of the Twilight, which is why it attacks Kite and Haseo, who had the Key of the Twilight in the form of the Bracelet and Xth-Form, respectively.
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

NO NO NO! Cubia was not created by Harald! it was created by CCC corperation as a ant-virus program to the key of the twilight!
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

No he wasn't.

Cubia is part of Heralds design.

If your refering to the Limanity easter eggs,those are false,or "non-canon".

Cubia was created to stop pervertion of the key of the twilight,and thus equals whatever fits the description of the key of the twiligt as it's shadow,then attacks it and tries to separate it from the hands of anyone who may distort the grand truth behind it....in other words,anyone who is Human.