End of Cubia?? Caution you are about to enter a spoiler zone

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

VideoSpud
The Unnoticed Riddler
The Unnoticed Riddler

Post by VideoSpud »

bonethrack wrote: cubia was created by morganna he is there to keep order in "the world" he attacks kite because he has the braclete and it considers him a virus it doesnt attack the phases because they can either teleport away or cubia takes them as more of a threat than kite.
Couldn't have said it better my self.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Except he's wrong. the Liminality disc has been offically confirmed as WRONG and inaccurate. It contradicts other sources like .hack//analysis, the new Terminal disc, and the original four .hack games themselves. It's basically fanfiction.
The-WILD-Wild-west

take this into consideration (revelation)

Post by The-WILD-Wild-west »

when thers a ying thers a yang

demensions

a coin will always have two sides, even though as one they can due the same things but with different abilitys, not only that but intintions could be the same but different configurations

the two sides never meet or see each other

thats why kite and the nemisis cubia 'shadowed one' are called a coin

cubia just nullifys illegal programs and kite rewires programs
there intnsion are the same for the world but are thought differently

p.s lios didnt know about such programs that envolve cubia
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

The Yin and Yang theory works well, which is what I always liked about .hack, mixing together many religions. though it has been comfirmed in  The Terminal Disc, that Cubia is one that came from nnothing and only wished to oppose Kite, the "dark side of the bracelet" the maliciousness of the phases "AI" held within them, most likely fragment's of Morganna.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

and apparently in XXXX

A twinblade boy is apparently the human form of Cubia, and is Kite's Rival in defeating the Phases, managing to defeat Innis on his own without Data Drain.
NorikoChan

Post by NorikoChan »

bonethrack wrote: cubia was created by morganna he is there to keep order in "the world" he attacks kite because he has the braclete and it considers him a virus it doesnt attack the phases because they can either teleport away or cubia takes them as more of a threat than kite.
Xu Yuan wrote:The Yin and Yang theory works well, which is what I always liked about .hack, mixing together many religions. though it has been comfirmed in  The Terminal Disc, that Cubia is one that came from nnothing and only wished to oppose Kite, the "dark side of the bracelet" the maliciousness of the phases "AI" held within them, most likely fragment's of Morganna.
I have not yet checked up on this crack-pot idea of mine, and would like to know if it could acctualy work.

By all means correct me on this, but im not sure Cubias soul purpose was just to oppose Kite. I noticed while i was in the final fight with him, that each time Cubia's Core apeared, there was a shadow of Kite inside it. To me, this would mean that through out their many battles, Cubia was copying Kite for some greater purpose. Which i belive would be where the Kite i'v seen in the G.U previews comes from. However, i am nowhere as well versed in the mysteries of the .Hack series, so i dont hold much hope that what i think is real. I just would like a second opinon. And im to lazy to go back and check in the past battles with Cubia, what was inside those cores.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Kite in the cores is just symbolic of how Cubia is Kite's shadow, and it was destroyed with Cubia. It's like his kidney. It can't live without the rest of him. While it could be Cubia, I guess, it wouldn't make sense since there's no Kite to oppose, and, as you said, Cubia lives ONLY to oppose Kite.
Last edited by AuraTwilight on Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HiroshiKazu

Post by HiroshiKazu »

seraph wrote:Since G.U. seems to have new versions of the 8 phases, maybe that means there will also be a new version of Cubia?
Not nessessarily,
 I think was something like, Cubia had always existed in a pseudo-conciousness and remained in that dormant state, until Kite had data drained skeith. The currupted data created awakened Cubia and began attacking Kite, because the junk data of the phases of the wave existed inside the bracelet. The epitaphs that are used by the inifinity eight I think is that remaining junk data that was DDed by the bracelet to fend off AIDA attacks, so the bracelet has not data drained that junk data.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think was something like, Cubia had always existed in a pseudo-conciousness and remained in that dormant state, until Kite had data drained skeith. The currupted data created awakened Cubia and began attacking Kite, because the junk data of the phases of the wave existed inside the bracelet. The epitaphs that are used by the inifinity eight I think is that remaining junk data that was DDed by the bracelet to fend off AIDA attacks, so the bracelet has not data drained that junk data.
not quite.
Cubia is the Dark Side of the Bracelet in any sense of the word. He was CREATED at the moment Skeith was defeated. Fact. Furthermore, the Avatars were made with the Phase data, not the Junk Data spawned by the Bracelet. Fact.
Kryuzei
Location: The sixth dimension; those who alter the reality itself to make the world came true.

Post by Kryuzei »

so basically, cubia getting stronger after each phases defeated ?
btw, i'm wondering about .hack//XXXX
who is that cubia ? why is he helping Kite ? (i read that at wiki...i thought it was when fighting magus/fidchell..)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Cubia gets stronger with every Data Drain, yes.

and the Cubia in XXXX is the same one in the games, but it's an Alternate Universe story, a What If, so what if Cubia had a human form? Cubia in XXXX seems to want exactly the same thing as the games Cubia: To be better than Kite. Only this time it's competing with Kite against the Phases, and trying to get his trust so it can take the bracelet and become whole.
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

in the end of 4 game balmung said that bought morgana and aura was reborn, and maybe because morgana did't die, she rewrote auras data wich gave her the prommision to rewrite the book of 1000 data
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

What does that have to do with the topic on hand?

Besides, the Book of 1000 doesn't actually exist. You're talking about the Book of Twilight. And Morganna was only "Reborn" because she was merged with Aura.
Tri-Edge X

Post by Tri-Edge X »

I think Cubia still exists, because  in the preview of .hack//G.U. VOL.3 i saw some sort of being that existed in 'The World' it had four glowing red eyes (Cubia also has four eyes)although that is just my theory but please correct me if im wrong
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

We know Cubia died, but that doesn't mean he can't be recreated like the Phases were.
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

AuraTwilight wrote:What does that have to do with the topic on hand?

Besides, the Book of 1000 doesn't actually exist. You're talking about the Book of Twilight. And Morganna was only "Reborn" because she was merged with Aura.
... but if aura "ate" morgana... she should be able to make cubia see that the bracelet isn't evil, because Kite has it?
cubia was only disabled.

and it was only made so morgana didn't die if someone had the bracelet?
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

Daichi wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:What does that have to do with the topic on hand?

... but if aura "ate" morgana... she should be able to make cubia see that the bracelet isn't evil, because Kite has it?
cubia was only disabled.

and it was only made so morgana didn't die if someone had the bracelet?
Wait, wait, wait. What exactly are you saying?

Morganna did not make Cubia.

Cubia is dead.
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

:evil: CUBIA IS ONY DISABELD! the bracelet is a thead to the game = thread to morgana. morgana dont want aura to be born, so she souldn't die. she disabled the use of the bracelet to aura, bracelet given to a charecter wich is not a part of the base of the game, 8like Aura and morgana) so qubia was activated....

and skeith (i think i wrote it right) meltet in 1 game. after that cubia was norn, so a part of skeith data in cubia.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, it's a canon fact that Cubia died. We WATCHED IT HAPPEN! DUR DEE DUR!

Aura never "Had" the Bracelet. She made it specifically for Orca. Cubia was born when the Bracelet was created. Cubia cannot exist without the Bracelet, even in a disabled state. Likewise, the original Bracelet cannot exist without Cubia. (Aura's further Bracelets might be Cubia-proof.)

Skeith is not part of Cubia. That was just a special entrance to make Cubia look viscious. Cubia did inherit a body though from all the negativity Kite's Bracelet accumulated. Skeith was just the final straw.

Something tells me you get your information from the Liminality Easter Eggs. Well they're wrong.
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

AuraTwilight wrote:No, it's a canon fact that Cubia died. We WATCHED IT HAPPEN! DUR DEE DUR!

Aura never "Had" the Bracelet. She made it specifically for Orca. Cubia was born when the Bracelet was created. Cubia cannot exist without the Bracelet, even in a disabled state. Likewise, the original Bracelet cannot exist without Cubia. (Aura's further Bracelets might be Cubia-proof.)

Skeith is not part of Cubia. That was just a special entrance to make Cubia look viscious. Cubia did inherit a body though from all the negativity Kite's Bracelet accumulated. Skeith was just the final straw.

Something tells me you get your information from the Liminality Easter Eggs. Well they're wrong.
no i dont, but such big part of the game as cubia CAN*T die!

I forbid it to die!