AI Harald Dungeon

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

EnergyBolt2

AI Harald Dungeon

Post by EnergyBolt2 »

How many floors are there, i was able to go to the 9th but i was mega infected so i left. ideas...?
dominus_draconis

Post by dominus_draconis »

there are only 10, or maybe 11 floors :P and, once you beat it, you can forget about infection for a little :P
EnergyBolt2

Post by EnergyBolt2 »

thanx alot!! :D :D imma do that again when i play
Kururu

Post by Kururu »

I accidently read spoliers about that dungeon online prior to visiting it. It said something about "use drain arc as often as possible" because it helped keep your own infection level lower or something. I was really scared I'd get a game over or something (from the infection level), but it turned out okay. Just bring a loooot of fairy's orbs to reduce the fights as much as possible. I also suggest bringing a really powerful wavemaster with at least one summoning skill and Phal Repth or something. It could make some of the battles take less time (and less of your own SP).
dominus_draconis

actually, that is a bad idea, make the wavemaster mainly heal, cause you should be the one to do the attacking, so you physically kill the monster and it is damage control for your infection, it is a skill that will help with the optional dungeon, too
Kururu

Post by Kururu »

Later on, at the end of the dungeon, those wavemaster attacks are extremely valuable. I'm trying to avoid saying why, but Mistral's Yarthkins Rf made the battle at the end easier than I expected. If you don't bring a wavemaster, I suggest at least bringing some equipment that enables you to summon things.
dominus_draconis

I beat the game, and, I was just suggesting practice so he can figure out the tricks to damage control on infection for the last level :P and, I had a powerful mistral, too, though, I think I gave her a staff with a pha summon, though, I forget which one, it was a fairly good weapon, but, that is just my strategy, I forgot to say that I keep on sora's blades during that time for the death effect since I am non-skills killing them :P
Kururu

Post by Kururu »

Oh, I forgot Sora's blades had that effect. They've been rotting in my Elf's Haven for forever because they're level 32 or something. I've been using Sin of Hades or something. I actually got them from that dungeon, and have been keeping them on since then because they're level 99 rare.

Then again, aren't the added effects rare occurrences?
dominus_draconis

well, you sorta mash X when doing it anyway, as the attack is sorta slow, so, it all works out, oh, and I suggest you trade for Elk's stuff early on, especially whichever peace has rig geam, because rig geam is really good to cast on your wavemaster(elk has a full compliment of medium armor, so, I had kite in that for most of the game(minus the shoes, I used the time shoes for the whole series :P)
EnergyBolt2

Post by EnergyBolt2 »

you cant use elk for this dungeon... hes not availible, the only wavemaster you can use is wiseman... NOT EVEN MISTRAL
dominus_draconis

I know, but, you get a chance to use Elk shortly before you fight Macha, there is a small window of opportunity to do it, but if you take it it gives a significant advantage
EnergyBolt2

Post by EnergyBolt2 »

well.... im past that and plus how can u do it b4 u fight macha?
dominus_draconis

you meet up with elk for a bit and Kite offers to help him find her and you have a very short window of opportunity when you can take him to a level(not RIGHT before the macha fight, you can take him before the dungeon before the macha fight but after kite meets up with him) during this time if you do it, it is suggested you trade for the good stuff he has :P
Kururu

Post by Kururu »

EnergyBolt2 wrote:you cant use elk for this dungeon... hes not availible, the only wavemaster you can use is wiseman... NOT EVEN MISTRAL
Really? I was able to use Mistral. :/
EnergyBolt2

Post by EnergyBolt2 »

ok my bad, when i first went to the dungeon it wasnt letting me pick anyone else besides blackrose, balmung, and wiseman. now i changed servers and now i am able to use everyone but mia, elk, and orca(obviously)
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

dominus_draconis wrote:actually, that is a bad idea, make the wavemaster mainly heal, cause you should be the one to do the attacking, so you physically kill the monster and it is damage control for your infection, it is a skill that will help with the optional dungeon, too
Yup, I remember that.
Ressic

Post by Ressic »

Always seemed to me that your infection rate went down pretty much any time you gain experience. Although I'm not sure if it goes down while you're dead.

I do recall having my infection level very high some point in part 4, and I just hit some random areas on Delta, and let my party do all the work, and my infection level still dropped.

I suspect the whole "killing monsters yourself without skills lowers infection faster" was just a guess that some coincidental events seemed to justify. To me it seems like just a lot of added stress to try and get your party to not kill stuff before you can, without producing any better results.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Plus with Sora's Blades....awesomeness.