No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

User avatar
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department
Posts: 1294
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:44 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby Erroneous » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Unless we do something about it now! There is no Premium Edition for Last Recode planned for NA/EU https://www.facebook.com/dothacknetwork ... 129394661/

Lindz
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby Lindz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Thats not a surprise at all. It'd take a massive amount of bugging ta get 'em to throw together a premium edition for people overseas with only 5 weeks ta spare until launch. An theres no promise that a premium edition released over here would be exactly the same as the one japans getting. If history is anything ta go by we'd prolly get a steelbook, soundtrack (sampler!), and artbook. Translate an audio drama cd and light novel? Ya right! Even so I'd send 'em an email (not on book/twit). If we want the series to continue, nevermind getting localized, it dun hurt ta let 'em know directly every now an again!

User avatar
Avatar_Crim
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:17 am

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby Avatar_Crim » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:47 pm

what a bummer. would bite on a premium edition in an instant.

User avatar
.hack//BICTIOUS
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Newberry, South Carolina

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby .hack//BICTIOUS » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:07 am

Guess we can just rely on people who do get the Japanese premium edition to upload the new CD and such.

User avatar
(Phantom) Thief
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:27 am
Location: The World
Contact:

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby (Phantom) Thief » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:30 pm

I'd like to see the novel and audio drama as well however which companies were involved the creation of the media outside of CC2 and Bandai Namco?

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby Falions » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:36 pm

(Phantom) Thief wrote:I'd like to see the novel and audio drama as well however which companies were involved the creation of the media outside of CC2 and Bandai Namco?

You mean publisher? In North America it was Tokyopop that brought over all the .hack manga and novels, but I think they've since shut down.

God Ginrai
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby God Ginrai » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:39 pm

Falions wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:I'd like to see the novel and audio drama as well however which companies were involved the creation of the media outside of CC2 and Bandai Namco?

You mean publisher? In North America it was Tokyopop that brought over all the .hack manga and novels, but I think they've since shut down.


Sort of. They shut down, but have since relaunched. However, they are sticking to US creators (and Disney) for the time being (and letting RightStuf publish their books on demand) instead of dealing with licenses anymore, so it is unlikely we will see them pick up dothack again, unfortunately. I'd put my money on Yenpress picking it up if anyone does.

-God Ginrai

User avatar
(Phantom) Thief
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:27 am
Location: The World
Contact:

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby (Phantom) Thief » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:42 pm

God Ginrai wrote:
Falions wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:I'd like to see the novel and audio drama as well however which companies were involved the creation of the media outside of CC2 and Bandai Namco?

You mean publisher? In North America it was Tokyopop that brought over all the .hack manga and novels, but I think they've since shut down.


Sort of. They shut down, but have since relaunched. However, they are sticking to US creators (and Disney) for the time being (and letting RightStuf publish their books on demand) instead of dealing with licenses anymore, so it is unlikely we will see them pick up dothack again, unfortunately. I'd put my money on Yenpress picking it up if anyone does.

-God Ginrai


I guess all of it really. Not just Tokyo Pop, but Kondansha, Bee Train, Funimation and Lien as well. There might companies here who might be willing to get involved but I'm still trying to figure out who has the licensing rights over RagTime, Innocent Call and what sort of format they could use to deliver the extra content. And maybe how the owner could partner up with NB and CC2 to attach the extra content as DLC for the non premium editions of the game and so on. I spoken with Tokyo Pop over e-mail before so I don't think they're unreachable people if more fans wanted to speak with them. So I think it might be a matter of who owns what over where.

Lindz
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby Lindz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:35 pm

God Ginrai wrote:
Falions wrote:Sort of. They shut down, but have since relaunched. However, they are sticking to US creators (and Disney) for the time being (and letting RightStuf publish their books on demand) instead of dealing with licenses anymore, so it is unlikely we will see them pick up dothack again, unfortunately. I'd put my money on Yenpress picking it up if anyone does.

-God Ginrai

I doubt Tokyopop owns the western rights to .hack books forever. Like you say, they were licenses. Those tend to expire and those may have only been on a per-title basis. I'd say its the rest of the manga/novel thats dropped the ball in the wake of Tokyopop's semi-demise. That and Bamco probably not caring all that much about pushing for this stuff ta keep coming to the west.

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby Vallen » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:13 pm

To stay on topic, you guys can import the Japanese LE. It's only roughly $100 - which isn't bad for an import.

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby SSJScygoku » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:35 pm

The closest we've got so far is pre-order badges from Ricedigital xD

^_^ heck yeah,gotta pre-order the JP version for all the content~

User avatar
databug
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:29 am
Location: christchurch, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: No Premium Edition for Last Recode in NA/EU

Postby databug » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Madman Entertainment has held rights to alot of content in AU/NZ/UK but they have been dry for a why on content. blu-ray collections would be great. and to stay on topic. it want untill 3 day prior that we even got conformation of a physical copy here in new zealand. have to do mine digital because EB Games didnt even get it.


Return to “//G.U. Last Recode”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users