[Spoiler?] Key Of The Twilight?

Custat

[Spoiler?] Key Of The Twilight?

Post by Custat »

I'm not sure how active any of y'all are on twitter but RIYAWO posted this the other day. Thought it was an interesting find.
SSJScygoku

Re: [Spoiler?] Key Of The Twilight?

Post by SSJScygoku »

^.^ I saw this on the Discord, assuming this is either:

-Related to G.U. novels having the Avatars as weapons
-Haseo's absorbs all Avatar powers gaining this form and thus obtaining the legendary Key (Blade) of the Twilight
-Haseo learned Bankai
- CC2 REALLY liked the South Park World of Warcraft episode so added their version of the sword from .hack//IMOQ's Login screen xD
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

In G.U. it was stated that Haseo himself did become the Key of the Twilight, having absorbed all of the Epitaph data. That is why Cubia bore his image. My thinking about this cutscene (although the first post of this thread is top-notch research and maybe someone has already figured out something that contradicts this) in how it relates to what they've said so far in interviews, is that this is Haseo in FORCE:ERA or later, the legendary leader of of the Canard armada bearing his silhouette in the movie, finally being united with Ovan for good this time. It would only make sense that he had further honed his abilities after defeating Cubia. My basis for this is that I don't believe they're adding a lot, but they've said that G.U. ended with a "maybe someday" ending and now the question is "when the heck is 'someday?'" It's kind of convoluted now because Returner happened, but then Ovan was still missing in Quantum, but if there's a big dangling plot thread it's that. Even moreso because it has affected so many subsequent stories. Of course if he's still in the game that raises the question of where Haseo is whenever a crisis unfolds, but for the movie at least the manga and bullet reveal that Tokio was trying to help offscreen, so others may have been as well.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

SSJScygoku wrote:- CC2 REALLY liked the South Park World of Warcraft episode so added their version of the sword from .hack//IMOQ's Login screen xD
Is this supposed to be that sword? Wonder why they'd go with that. Woulda been nice to have the G.U. Prototype sword instead and really come full circle!
Kuukai wrote:In G.U. it was stated that Haseo himself did become the Key of the Twilight, having absorbed all of the Epitaph data. That is why Cubia bore his image. My thinking about this cutscene (although the first post of this thread is top-notch research and maybe someone has already figured out something that contradicts this) in how it relates to what they've said so far in interviews, is that this is Haseo in FORCE:ERA or later, the legendary leader of of the Canard armada bearing his silhouette in the movie, finally being united with Ovan for good this time.
Ughhh I really wish the movie had been localized. Watched through it twice and am sure I didn't pick up on this or many other things. Really hope this extra epilogue is a flash forward to 2024 or whenever. All the people crying for Link and everything to be retconned would be shutdown and it'd give hope for them continuing on in the timeline where they left off.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Lindz wrote:Is this supposed to be that sword? Wonder why they'd go with that. Woulda been nice to have the G.U. Prototype sword instead and really come full circle!
No clue, I was putting up all the possible theories of what the sword was xD I'm sure we'll find out soon enough unless we have to play to find out the content.

I really hope Kuukai is right in thinking that takes place in Force:Era, after seeing the information on Canard's armada who wouldn't want to see Haseo in that. Maybe it links to the next game featuring Haseo, whether it takes place before Beyond the World to set up is anyone's guess xD
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I don't think they'd retcon Link more than they retcon anything else, the basic premise of Link is critical to everything that came after, which is a lot of stuff. Without Link there's no movie, bullet, Versus, Quantum, Thanatos Report, etc. They may start a new generation only loosely related to what's happened, but it seems more likely that part of the point of this remake is that they aren't going to leave everything behind. There put a lot of weight on stuff they haven't used yet, so hopefully they'll put some sort of conclusion on the Tanaka thing before moving on.

Link was fine, the main problem with it as we move into the future is that G.U. was cheap to port into a good HD game but doing the same with Link would cost about as much as making a completely new game. As a game it's awful and would need to be remade from the ground up. The scale of the plot and dialogue means that this would cost a lot.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

If they ever chose to remake //LINK, leaving only the story and plot intact for a reimagined PS4 version or something to that accord that would be a perfect way to get people back into .hack//. I loved //LINK's story but it was a massive mistake to put such a pivotal point of the story into just a PSP title with less than a stellar system to go along with it.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The problem is that if Link was a good game it would be the most expensive one. It's just too big. It honestly should have been like an audio drama album or something, although it's really only one step up from that. That said I guess if they ever redid it they could do that they always do and make it episodic, for once that would make sense.
God Ginrai

Post by God Ginrai »

I know everyone is calling this Haseo form a "Blade Brandier" form, however now that I'm looking at the images posted by the OP, it almost looks like Haseo is wielding a snake sword. Could this be an entirely new character class?

-God Ginrai
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

God Ginrai wrote:I know everyone is calling this Haseo form a "Blade Brandier" form, however now that I'm looking at the images posted by the OP, it almost looks like Haseo is wielding a snake sword. Could this be an entirely new character class?

-God Ginrai
I suspect it's a new class, especially if it's playable but even if it isn't (Although even if there's a time skip to a different version of The World I bet the class would still be playable as a bonus similar to Kite (Sora) in .hack//Link). In the same way that X-th form isn't a normal gunner and B-st form isn't a normal Edge Punisher, I think Haseo is done with regular classes. It would be extremely boring if the big bonus was the ability to play as Silabus, CC2 is good enough at gameplay that there would be more to it than that. If it's FORCE:ERA Haseo then Blade Brandier no longer even exists as far as I remember, I think there's the Paladin class instead.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Kuukai wrote:I don't think they'd retcon Link more than they retcon anything else, the basic premise of Link is critical to everything that came after, which is a lot of stuff. Without Link there's no movie, bullet, Versus, Quantum, Thanatos Report, etc. They may start a new generation only loosely related to what's happened, but it seems more likely that part of the point of this remake is that they aren't going to leave everything behind. There put a lot of weight on stuff they haven't used yet, so hopefully they'll put some sort of conclusion on the Tanaka thing before moving on.

Link was fine, the main problem with it as we move into the future is that G.U. was cheap to port into a good HD game but doing the same with Link would cost about as much as making a completely new game. As a game it's awful and would need to be remade from the ground up. The scale of the plot and dialogue means that this would cost a lot.
The Tanaka thread is the one that is in dire need of answering, but I doubt it'll ever get a follow-up. So much of the plot is loosely weaved together through Bullet and Versus after that that it would be hard to release anything substantial related to Thanatos Report that would wrap it up in a deserving way. I don't know... it's always felt like whatever was going to follow that would be the grand finale, but too long has passed. I'm interested in what you think will come after Last Recode, Kuukai.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

19 reached out to Tanaka while working with "others," i.e. Fluegel et al. By consolidating the good guys and defining the bad guys I think they've really poised it for some sort of resolution, but they might drop the ball on that or at least put in some sort of post-credits hook if they decide it would be good business to do so. In general they don't even write endings without some sort of tragedy or dangling hook, but the original game series showed probably the closest to what it would look like. They really had to get deep in there and explain how it would keep going after that.

Tanaka being a doubleware and anything they're doing hopefully being a "real game," I would expect it to be either a real/virtual RPG (think Persona 5) or something for PSVR if they've finally caved (since we know they're working with VR, and the thing needs games). Technology has moved a long way, expect them to incorporate AR either into the game itself or at least as something that exists in the game world. CC2 is also fairly good at seeing the future (they predicted the success of products like the iPhone, Oculus, and Echo) so it would be fascinating to see what else they'd introduce. I wouldn't expect them to go very far outside of their comfort zone as far as multiplayer features, etc, although now that they have a Canadian branch that could always change. The game would probably be FORCE:ERA or something later, but I do think "real" world elements would be mixed in.