.hack//G.U. Last Recode

Tron

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by Tron »

Kuukai wrote:
Tron wrote:Question: Do the volume sliders for voice/sfx/music also mute those in the game's movie scenes, or not? Because I know there's like a separate slider for movie volume, but... I've seen a video of Last Recode where the voices were muted in the cutscenes, but sfx and music were intact. I believe in particular it was the cutscene where Haseo gets "owned" by Asta and Iyoten, and then they get owned in return by Ovan.

(Because if it's really possible, we could finally get some of the cool cutscene tracks that were never released, plus I would find use for musicless cutscenes too)
There's a slider for "movie" - at least in the Japanese version.
Oh I know that. What I meant is, can you mute stuff in the cutscenes separately (separate voice/sfx/music), but I'm gonna wager you can't. That stream was by Bandai if I recall, so they just might have had a separate build or something. Well, I guess I'll find out in like 14 hours once I buy the game on Steam.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

SaberChan wrote: Hi there! Sorry that this is my first post, but I ripped the CD and thought it would be good to share. Please let me know if this violates any board regulations, and I'll promptly take it down.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzQ3v8 ... Q5ZXM/view
Enjoy! Please let me know if the link doesn't work, I'll reupload it elsewhere if so.
Awesome, thank you! I think it's ok? Someone did it before with another drama and no one said anything

I appreciate it. ^^
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Happy .hack day everyone, enjoy the first .hack game to release in NA in the last 10-years!!!

Now I go into the shadow realm until my copy of LR arrives and I finish it. Deuces 8)
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:Happy .hack day everyone, enjoy the first .hack game to release in NA in the last 10-years!!!

Now I go into the shadow realm until my copy of LR arrives and I finish it. Deuces 8)
You can skip right to Vol. 4, which I did (and just finished!) Enjoy :)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Thanks, SaberChan!

Wow, just heard a random part and this already sounds fascinating. This might actually explain what I was wondering about.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Can you provide a translation, Kuukai? I can understand most of it, but...
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Wow. So Kusabira was really  AIDA<Tri-Edge> this entire time. The fact that she actually survived the Rebirth really shocked me...
k-su

Post by k-su »

For you guys already playing, how's the difficulty so far? I remember it being said that it was being toned down, but I'm a little curious to what degree. Also, is there a difference in difficulty between Vol 1-3 and Vol 4?
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

k-su wrote:For you guys already playing, how's the difficulty so far? I remember it being said that it was being toned down, but I'm a little curious to what degree. Also, is there a difference in difficulty between Vol 1-3 and Vol 4?
Unfortunately, the difficulty is extremely toned down thanks to the faster paced combat, and by faster paced, I mean ridiculously faster paced. They made Beast Awakening even stronger than it was before. lol

As far as Vol. 4 goes, you'll find no challenges there. You may get annoyed in the final leg of the game since Haseo's 5th Form is much more vurnerable to status effects than Xth Form was, but aside from that, no difficulty whatsoever.
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtDac3k9dZU

Live Stream of .hack//G.U. Last Recode Vol. 4: Reconnection at the above URL at 6pm EST.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Advent_Winter wrote:
k-su wrote:For you guys already playing, how's the difficulty so far? I remember it being said that it was being toned down, but I'm a little curious to what degree. Also, is there a difference in difficulty between Vol 1-3 and Vol 4?
Unfortunately, the difficulty is extremely toned down thanks to the faster paced combat, and by faster paced, I mean ridiculously faster paced. They made Beast Awakening even stronger than it was before. lol

As far as Vol. 4 goes, you'll find no challenges there. You may get annoyed in the final leg of the game since Haseo's 5th Form is much more vurnerable to status effects than Xth Form was, but aside from that, no difficulty whatsoever.
Yeah, the gameplay segments almost felt superfluous because of how easy it was.
Tron

Post by Tron »

My game is downloading. Gonna report how the game runs on my kinda **** "not even gtx" graphics card. It should be okay, but who knows.
Oh, and I'll also report on if the separate volume sliders also work in cutscenes.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Tron

Post by Tron »

Game runs great. The cutscenes, upon inspecting the movie files, have separate audio for SFX and music in a six channel file (even though only like four channels are used) and a separate audio for japanese and english dialogue... in mono, of course. Well, it's not exactly what I wanted but it's alright? I mean, the cutscene music is more listenable now without Haseo screaming his butt off.

EDIT:
WAIT! I've been converting the 6ch audio track movie wrong. It seems we can at least get the music separately. Here, have some proof:

https://app.box.com/s/govcp2n06llckapz4vqpt1t7zsi58s1w

https://youtu.be/rB8hzcYXFZA?t=414

The above video shows the cutscene the song played in. The box.com link is the song extracted from 6ch mix. If the video doesn't open at correct time, skip to 6:54. It's from volume 3, so don't worry about spoilers (though it is from near the end of it)
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Wow! When you land a counter attack in the arena, the display actually reads HANGEKI instead of RENGEKI! My OCD is cured!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Had the most insane day searching for this game today:

>BestBuy shipped my game this morning, so it won't arrive until Tuesday
>I check my local BestBuy in-store stock online, they have it
>I go to my local BestBuy, they can't find the game. The dude said they got 1-copy and they lost it... I made them look for it for 45min, but nothing...
>I go to my local Walmart on my way home at night, they have a poster up. I ask, the guy there said the two copies they got were sold today
>I was depressed, decided to stop by Source literally next to my house, and BAM! They had it! The Source comiiiiing throuuughh!!!
(Now gotta waste time and transportation money to return the late BestBuy copy next week...)

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:Can you provide a translation, Kuukai? I can understand most of it, but...
Notes from Innocent Call. It changes what I thought I knew a little bit:
 -As mentioned in Vol.4, Haseo begins working for Pi at NAB, helping search for Ovan while learning about the grueling world of adulthood.
-I was a little confused because it wasn't super obvious from Vol.4 itself, but Haseo and Atoli are definitely dating. His job at CC Corp may have started to get in the way, he calls off a Sunday date for work.
-Pi gives a pep talk to Haseo when the end of The World in six months is announced, but secretly thinks that it would take a miracle to save Ovan in that timeframe.
-In a slightly full, borrowed @HOME - there is gathering of AIDA - 10 of 13 invitees attend:
--Yoshida (26) - The chair of the meeting. You may remember him from... .hack//Outbreak, I think? See picture below.
--"Nanai" (Names I'm going by ear on are in quotes) - Seems to be the member who provided the @HOME.
--Kusabira - AIDA<Tri-Edge>, the AIDA who has spent the most time with humans.
--???? - 7 unknown AIDA with interesting voices.
Not Present:
--AIKA - An AIDA attached to an NPC in a different MMORPG.
--"Inid"? (Mentioned as too radical in thinking - their absence is thought by Yoshida to be a declaration of intent)
--"Lot 9 Hunter"? (Mentioned as too radical in thinking - their absence is thought by Yoshida to be a declaration of intent)
-This seems to possibly be the first time they meet like this. They're meeting to discuss how to handle the end of The World R;2 which has been announced, and to confirm their intentions towards humanity. When they were once all clusters of holes, they were able to communicate effortlessly, but at this point they must gather and converse like humans need to.
-It's worth recapping Returner here - a portion of the AIDA who merged with the game and were "accepted by the world" weren't destroyed by Rebirth.
-They don't really care about the end of R:2, they don't consider humans capable of administrating anything or truly ending their world as far as they're concerned.
-Yoshida (26) detected traces of Haseo's investigation, this sets off all the other AIDA as they consider Haseo pretty much an AIDA mass murderer. They have strange and eccentric personalities.
-Probably as a way to troll us fans, Yoshida (26) asks anyone who speaks to identify themselves, but only Kusabira heeds this. Everyone else repeatedly disobeys.
-Sensing some problems with this line of conversation, Nanai moves to the second topic. But more than humanity as a whole, the other AIDA are more concerned with determining their intentions towards just Haseo. They don't know what he's thinking, but he struck first. Most of them want to attack him and tear his mind to shreds.
-Kusabira says that Haseo is currently harmless, because all he cares about is Ovan, the man in the ice. Some of the AIDA aren't sure who that is until "Rebirth" is thrown out there.
-Kusabira goes on to say that humans and AIDA should coexist, that they should learn alongside them. Why were they born in the network that humans created? That would be because humans and AIDA are two sides of the same coin. That is the form they should be, and the path they should walk.
-The rest of them are skeptical. Some of them consider humans to be incomplete junk data, who can't combine their consciousness into one.
-Kusabira counters that humans came together as one to fight Cubia, and everyone here should recall that.
-Yoshida (26) tells Kusabira that because she has spent the most time deeply connected to a human, her view is tainted. But it also means she is the most knowledgeable about humanity that her input must be very highly considered. He proposes to the group that since Haseo is an ideal sample of humanity, they should decide their intention towards humanity the following way: if the world ends before Haseo can wake Ovan, then humans have no value and there is nothing they can learn from them. But if Haseo is somehow able to save Ovan, they will acknowledge humanity and live alongside them. This is agreed upon by a show of hands.
-Kusabira travels to the Lost Ground where Ovan is rejecting the outside world. She cannot wake him herself, but Haseo should be able to. Of all people, Kusabira, who has watched his growth all this time alongside Ovan, knows that he can do it. In the name of AIDA, she bets everything on him. She uses a great deal of her power to unseal the area and make it observable by humans. It's Pi's miracle. All that's left is to wait for him to find it, and log into The World, once more.
-Dec. 27 - Pi discovered the data the previous night, and Haseo heads into The World.
-Kusabira isn't good at distinguishing humans, but she tell without any doubt that Haseo has finally logged into The World.
-Pi reports to Yata. Everything has gone pretty much as predicted, and the process of observing the MOD Program is going smoothly. It hasn't been noticed by Haseo or by Ovan. Yata says that it is just speculation, but the owl of Minerva flies at dusk. "So it's no longer an observation room, I suppose." Pi tells him the unit has also finished. Yata says, "Then, let us go forth, to our Twilight." (Not sure about the meaning of most of this but in Vol.2 the AIDA Dummy Server was called an Observation Room.)

This is Yoshida (26), courtesy of Encyclopedia .hack:
It's a unique, rare Wavemaster staff.
Falions wrote:Via Reddit: https://imgur.com/a/N8QLp
That was interesting because it was simultaneously about R:X and a fourth-wall insinuation of things to come.
Advent_Winter wrote:Wow! When you land a counter attack in the arena, the display actually reads HANGEKI instead of RENGEKI! My OCD is cured!
Finally!!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

It'll be a bit before i can play. got it on steam and my download is being poopy slow today.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I liked how they talked a little about everyone's life outside the game. In fact, it was the little details and confirmations that stood out to me the most - like how  Zelkova is an AI. I'm glad this speculation is put to rest.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Vallen wrote: like how  Zelkova is an AI. I'm glad this speculation is put to rest.
What were the previous theories?

Zelkova was...

1. an AI
 2. Helba
 3. Kaede's real-life son
 4. Helba's prodigy