Please don't be more Naruto
The next tile is.....Naurto VS Dragonball Fighters Z Ultimate Storm
That's not funny. Not funny at all.
Falions

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by Falions »

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/cyberconnec ... ate-cecile

Info leaks. No .hack. Pack it up and go home, everyone.

In all honesty though it’s been less than 4 months since Last Recode’s release, so I don’t know if we should’ve expected much. Don’t lose hope!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

All 3 titles don't interest me.. welp, I will see everyone in 2027 when .hack//Link gets remastered for the PS6
Greyoutt

Post by Greyoutt »

Darn, but I guess that's to be expected. Those first two interest me, especially the post-WW1 setting in Gate. Still, I can't help but be a bit disappointed that there's no mention of .hack in there.
Falions

Post by Falions »

It's probably because these games are all self-published that they're able to talk about them so freely, including how Project Venom's development has halted. Considering .hack is owned by Bamco, I'd say it's up to them when to let the news loose. Also, according to a user on Resetera who attended Matsuyama's Montreal Q&A, when asked why CC2 was removed from FFVII:R he seemed confused and said while their influence was lessened, they weren't removed entirely from the project, so you can mark that down as one of their three contracted projects. Aside from that, it's probably safe to say the other one is some Jojo's/Naruto game, and the third could be .hack. Who knows, maybe it's even AW2, considering Capcom owns the rights to that.
Greyoutt

Post by Greyoutt »

Falions wrote:Also, according to a user on Resetera who attended Matsuyama's Montreal Q&A, when asked why CC2 was removed from FFVII:R he seemed confused and said while their influence was lessened, they weren't removed entirely from the project, so you can mark that down as one of their three contracted projects.

I'm so glad to hear that! When I hear Square had moved it in house, I was worried they were spreading their resources too thin again. Good to know they still have CC2 helping them out.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

What're the 3 contracted titles? I guess FF7 is still one of 'em in some small way? Often HD collections were used as marketing for a new entry in a series that'd be coming out soon. So it feels like having a new .hack this year shouldn't be unreasonable. Last Recode / .hack novel / end of bullet / 15th anniversary all really came outta nowhere so why not a full new game as well? If they really mean to "revive" the series going dormant agains not gonna help any. Gotta build on that renewed interest an fast!
Falions

Post by Falions »

Lindz wrote:What're the 3 contracted titles? I guess FF7 is still one of 'em in some small way? Often HD collections were used as marketing for a new entry in a series that'd be coming out soon. So it feels like having a new .hack this year shouldn't be unreasonable. Last Recode / .hack novel / end of bullet / 15th anniversary all really came outta nowhere so why not a full new game as well? If they really mean to "revive" the series going dormant agains not gonna help any. Gotta build on that renewed interest an fast!
It depends on how Last Recode sold, but Japanese numbers + Western estimates seems to indicate over 100K. They did mention at the time of announcement that there were a bunch of different things they had planned but it's all up to Uchiyama (and Bamco's) decision after Last Recode.
(Phantom) Thief

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode - Popularity

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Erroneous wrote:
Vallen wrote:
Falions wrote:
Vallen wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:How is the popularity of the series doing right now? I feel like its dying down a little.
We're back to it being a dead-zone. There's some activity on open chats like Discord, but an HD re-release of a ten year old game didn't revive .hack lol. Now we wait for the series to die or get a new entry and go on living.
They've been pushing merch in Japan all winter. I dunno about the West, but it feels quite lively over there. Every day I'm seeing new cosplay, art, and even ChimChim snowmen on Twitter. Also because Bamco is too busy promoting DB FighterZ over here to care about .hack. We'll just have to wait for February 1st!
The next tile is.....Naurto VS Dragonball Fighters Z Ultimate Storm
I could see that really turning into something honestly. On average most of CC2's Naruto Games have at least some great visual content. It's sad that things are going as well for .hack as they could. Still maybe CC2 could work on some light pre-post game DLC to keep the series moving in the meantime. Although what that could entail would be a mystery in and of itself.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Falions wrote:It depends on how Last Recode sold, but Japanese numbers + Western estimates seems to indicate over 100K. They did mention at the time of announcement that there were a bunch of different things they had planned but it's all up to Uchiyama (and Bamco's) decision after Last Recode.
Hope those decisions are made soon! It'd be dropping the ball hard to reintroduce the series to the world outside of japan and then fall silent!

An it doesn't help that they apparently added even more unresolved mystery/new characters with Innocent Call, which didn't make it outside of Japan. Speaking of which how few Premium Editions were even sold? 3 months later and the Vol.4 OST and Drama CD still don't call up any CD database info. vgmdb doesn't even list either of 'em yet they have the Piano tune collection which was released the same day. >_>;
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Hello, yes it's me reviving a four year old thread.

So, after buying the PS4 release and only playing through the beginning of Vol. 2, I bought the Switch release five years later and actually finished it! I played in Japanese to give me a somewhat new experience, since the original PS2 games only had English, and it was a fun ride. Extremely nostalgic! Gaspard is so much cuter in Japanese, I gotta say.

Rereading the message boards made me miss the fact we don't really use message boards anymore. :') Everything's on Discord, which isn't exactly searchable. But then the prominence of the message board posts really drops off by the latter half of Vol. 2 and all of Vol. 3.

The combat is still fun but the games are also too easy. By the time I got to Vol. 4 and unlocked the wholly unnecessary fifth form for Haseo, it's like, "Wow, this weapon and the arts are cool, but there's no challenge. Like, at all." Same with having Ovan as a party member.
'Cause like, with the conceit that "you're playing on the last day of The World R:2" there's so many features closed off. Maybe too many in my opinion? Would have been nice to drag Ovan around to more towns and Lost Grounds.
So overall, I had enough fun with Reconnection but it was kinda Just Okay at the end of the day.

Still happy with the Last Recode package as a whole though! I can just play around in Redemption if I wanna see all the other towns after all. The Switch version ran really well for the most part, only disappointment was in some of the early movie cutscenes being kinda pixelated. I know it's the Switch but I would have appreciated more polish in that area. It seemed to get better by latter half of Reminisce and into Redemption at least.
(That being said, it's way more important that the actual gameplay ran smoothly.)

And the Switch special edition brought us the G.U. Begins comic, illustrated by my favorite Itsuki Hoshi. <3 What a lovely extra!