.hack//G.U. Last Recode

User avatar
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am
Location: -Wherever I go, there I am.-

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Kaori » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:12 pm

Anybody got scans of the premium edition? Was wondering if I could use the pictures of the players offline for the wiki.

User avatar
ReiMehari
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: New York

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby ReiMehari » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:06 am

How long does volume 4 take to complete?

Lindz
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Lindz » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:33 pm

ReiMehari wrote:How long does volume 4 take to complete?

For me it took 5:42:41. With that said I was playing like it was 2007, meaning doing every optional area, beating all monster, opening all chests, stuffs like that. Plus my party members still all had +50% drop rate stuff equipped so I had ta deal with alot of inventory management lol. If you're all maxed out from Vol.3 postgame and only doing stuff you gotta do the time'd be a whole lot shorter.

User avatar
Greyoutt
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Greyoutt » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:00 pm

Yeah I've seen some people say it took them around 3 hours just following the story. Either way you're beating it in a day though.

Lindz
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Lindz » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Ya an despite it being so short its still stuffed with filler. The whole "gotta talk to all these people in the room" thing should not have had to happen 3 times. I guess its a miracle they didn't find a way to stuff another tournament in there but man... G.U. games just can't escape padding.

Sizzdaddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:55 am

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Sizzdaddy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:07 am

So I've been out of the hack loop for a little bit since I haven't bought a gaming system since the 360. But it's my understanding that this recode is just a relaunch of GU yes? With minor tweaks? Just a lazy fast way for Bandai to make some loot? Don't get me wrong I'm stoked to see the franchise get some life injected to it. But why relaunch GU? Its was clearly the least exciting of the two video game series. I much rather had seen a relaunch of the mutation, etc series.

Does the relaunch remove horrible characters that plagued the GU series like Gaspard? Endrance's super homo angle was kind of odd too? I mean Elk couldn't just stay a shut in who likes cats?

Just me minor ranting but in all I am happy to see something.

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby SSJScygoku » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:42 pm

Sizzdaddy wrote:But it's my understanding that this recode is just a relaunch of GU yes? With minor tweaks? Just a lazy fast way for Bandai to make some loot? Don't get me wrong I'm stoked to see the franchise get some life injected to it. But why relaunch GU? Its was clearly the least exciting of the two video game series. I much rather had seen a relaunch of the mutation, etc series.


xD Considering it costs $50 or so for each game beforehand this release was needed for that alone. Several fixes were made to to speed up/smooth out gameplay,additionally they added the Terminal Disc files,Cheat Mode and Parody Mode not to mention they put in a short vol 4 known as Reconnection. The reason for G.U. getting a remaster first is due to: Its 10th Anniversary, G.U. sold better in Japan,2017 is when the G.U. was set, it has fewer games and they would require far less work to meet today's standards.

.-. hell they been releasing merch for Last Recode that its very difficult to keep up,must be quite a demand if they are still at it~

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Vallen » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:03 pm

Sizzdaddy wrote:So I've been out of the hack loop for a little bit since I haven't bought a gaming system since the 360. But it's my understanding that this recode is just a relaunch of GU yes? With minor tweaks? Just a lazy fast way for Bandai to make some loot? Don't get me wrong I'm stoked to see the franchise get some life injected to it. But why relaunch GU? Its was clearly the least exciting of the two video game series. I much rather had seen a relaunch of the mutation, etc series.

Does the relaunch remove horrible characters that plagued the GU series like Gaspard? Endrance's super homo angle was kind of odd too? I mean Elk couldn't just stay a shut in who likes cats?

Just me minor ranting but in all I am happy to see something.

They gave us a Vol. 4 with this HD release, and considering how much we begged for more .hack - thank God they did. GU is by far the best .hack entry that could have been revived, as it is the one that holds up the best by today's standards.

Lindz
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Lindz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Sizzdaddy wrote:Does the relaunch remove horrible characters that plagued the GU series like Gaspard? Endrance's super homo angle was kind of odd too? I mean Elk couldn't just stay a shut in who likes cats?

Nopes! All of the filler, bad characters/designs, gameplay issues, and blatant lack of content is still all in these releases! They didn't go back and "fix" the story an either. Kestrel/Gabi's very early prominence only to fade into obscurity still happens. Vol.3's late game is still jarring. Vol.1 is still a disaster. The re-localization fixed some 10 year old typos/errors but not all. The big plus here if you can bare to replay the games is that in terms of gameplay speed everything moves along much quicker and feels like far far less of a slog. Although it does say something about the games when you're not caring for the story/characters yet happy the gameplay takes less long... O.o

Sizzdaddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:55 am

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Sizzdaddy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:23 pm

One thing I did like with GU over the original series was the combat. It felt more arcadish and faster moving especially with skill triggers that were less clumsy then the drop down menus that slowed combat in the first series. Block was also a nice feature the first series didn't offer.

I didn't mind the story of GU to bad even if it was pretty uninspiring and unoriginal. But i don't think I'll go out of my way to get a ps4 to buy a game I can still play on my ps2...

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Vallen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:09 am

Now we wait for Feb 1st in hopes CC2 mentions .hack in their news update :?
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/cyberconnec ... february-1

What shall it be:
-CC3?
-Naruto Ultimate Ninja HD Collection (or a new game entirely)?
-More .hack or JoJo?
-Something Else?

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Falions » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Vallen wrote:Now we wait for Feb 1st in hopes CC2 mentions .hack in their news update :?
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/cyberconnec ... february-1

What shall it be:
-CC3?
-Naruto Ultimate Ninja HD Collection (or a new game entirely)?
-More .hack or JoJo?
-Something Else?

- Project Venom
- Little Tail 3
- MAYBE .hack (I'm trying to keep my expectations low so I'm not disappointed)
-  Asura's Wrath 2

User avatar
N3IWVC
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 8:33 pm

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby N3IWVC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Whatever happened to Strelka Stories? Officially canned? I haven't heard anything on it it years.

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Postby Falions » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 am

N3IWVC wrote:Whatever happened to Strelka Stories? Officially canned? I haven't heard anything on it it years.

I think it was either cancelled or shelved. The promotional images released were really cool, though. I would love another Little Tail game, but .hack is my top priority. Matsuyama has been retweeting a lot of Little Tail art lately, though, including new works by the official artist, so who knows!

User avatar
(Phantom) Thief
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:27 am
Location: The World
Contact:

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode - Popularity

Postby (Phantom) Thief » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:12 pm

How is the popularity of the series doing right now? I feel like its dying down a little.

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode - Popularity

Postby Vallen » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:05 pm

(Phantom) Thief wrote:How is the popularity of the series doing right now? I feel like its dying down a little.

We're back to it being a dead-zone. There's some activity on open chats like Discord, but an HD re-release of a ten year old game didn't revive .hack lol. Now we wait for the series to die or get a new entry and go on living.

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode - Popularity

Postby Falions » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Vallen wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:How is the popularity of the series doing right now? I feel like its dying down a little.

We're back to it being a dead-zone. There's some activity on open chats like Discord, but an HD re-release of a ten year old game didn't revive .hack lol. Now we wait for the series to die or get a new entry and go on living.

They've been pushing merch in Japan all winter. I dunno about the West, but it feels quite lively over there. Every day I'm seeing new cosplay, art, and even ChimChim snowmen on Twitter. Also because Bamco is too busy promoting DB FighterZ over here to care about .hack. We'll just have to wait for February 1st!

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode - Popularity

Postby Vallen » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:19 pm

Falions wrote:
Vallen wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:How is the popularity of the series doing right now? I feel like its dying down a little.

We're back to it being a dead-zone. There's some activity on open chats like Discord, but an HD re-release of a ten year old game didn't revive .hack lol. Now we wait for the series to die or get a new entry and go on living.

They've been pushing merch in Japan all winter. I dunno about the West, but it feels quite lively over there. Every day I'm seeing new cosplay, art, and even ChimChim snowmen on Twitter. Also because Bamco is too busy promoting DB FighterZ over here to care about .hack. We'll just have to wait for February 1st!

Please don't be more Naruto
Please don't be more Naruto
Please don't be more Naruto

User avatar
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department
Posts: 1294
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:44 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode - Popularity

Postby Erroneous » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:35 am

Vallen wrote:Please don't be more Naruto
Please don't be more Naruto
Please don't be more Naruto


The next tile is.....Naurto VS Dragonball Fighters Z Ultimate Storm

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode - Popularity

Postby Falions » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 pm

Erroneous wrote:
Vallen wrote:Please don't be more Naruto
Please don't be more Naruto
Please don't be more Naruto


The next tile is.....Naurto VS Dragonball Fighters Z Ultimate Storm

Image


Return to “//G.U. Last Recode”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron