.hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post Reply
User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5278
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

.hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by Kuukai » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:44 pm

So it looks like we've made the hop to Ver.2, from "New World" to ".hack//New World", and with that there's some new backstory, German Epitaph lyric music, etc.

The setting is 2032, TheWorld:Re-vice age (30 million players). CC Corp was bought by the the rapidly growing ALTIMIT rival MONOREAL (this company was mentioned at the end of Guilty Dragon).

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: .hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by SSJScygoku » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:11 am

:D Can't argue with more .hack backstory,though it would help if it reached a console platform~

^^' though even if you get far/powerful cards when the servers go you lose it all.

User avatar
Dasha
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: .hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by Dasha » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:16 am

How long are we going to wait for the greatest series to ever come back on consoles.

My soul is dying. :t

Xu Yuan
Posts: 1201
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:32 am
Location: Harald in the R:2!

Re: .hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by Xu Yuan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:44 pm

So if a company has bought ALTIMIT, does that mean the MAMA conspiracy is starting to fall apart? Since ALTIMIT seems to have been their brain-child in all respects. In addition all forms of .hack// music greatly interests me, is it possible to listen to this new German Epitaph Lyric Music, as you put it?

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: .hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by SSJScygoku » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Seems a video was made to give a summary of the .hack games which was made after they changed the title to .hack//New World,is there anything new mentioned in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YzaztwPoY

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 401
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: .hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by Falions » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:06 am

The more we learn about how New World connects to the ongoing plot, the less hope I have about a console .hack game, let alone a "season 4."
I do want to know what Matsuyama is talking about in that video, though.

User avatar
Dasha
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: .hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by Dasha » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:14 pm

What's the story of this game so far, I wonder?

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: .hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by Vallen » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:33 pm

I was wondering, when is //New World Vol. 2 coming out? Wasn't it supposed to be a trilogy? We're almost in 2017, so it'll soon be a year.

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 401
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: .hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by Falions » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:23 pm

Vallen wrote:I was wondering, when is //New World Vol. 2 coming out? Wasn't it supposed to be a trilogy? We're almost in 2017, so it'll soon be a year.
They dropped the vol. 1 subtitle. It seems to just be stand-alone now.

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: .hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by Vallen » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:44 am

Falions wrote:They dropped the vol. 1 subtitle. It seems to just be stand-alone now.
Oh? Huh, I didn't notice it (mainly cause I deleted it from my phone in order to free up space for Bleach Brave Souls lol).
So it'll simply get updates and events like Guilty Dragon, no future "sequels".. hmmm, this is either good news or bad news. Good news that maybe they're doing a legit .hack game and don't wanna waste time/ideas on this, or bad news in the sense that they don't even want to work on anything .hack related (too much effort).. :(

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 401
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: .hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by Falions » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:18 am

Vallen wrote:
Falions wrote:They dropped the vol. 1 subtitle. It seems to just be stand-alone now.
Oh? Huh, I didn't notice it (mainly cause I deleted it from my phone in order to free up space for Bleach Brave Souls lol).
So it'll simply get updates and events like Guilty Dragon, no future "sequels".. hmmm, this is either good news or bad news. Good news that maybe they're doing a legit .hack game and don't wanna waste time/ideas on this, or bad news in the sense that they don't even want to work on anything .hack related (too much effort).. :(
I'd say the latter. Feels like NU is cancelled.

User avatar
Vallen
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 am
Location: Toronto

Re: .hack//New World Ver.2 and backstory

Post by Vallen » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:48 pm

EDIT: Well.. it's now officially shutting down :/

Post Reply