New Screenshots + Info

Falions

New Screenshots + Info

Post by Falions »

Reposting here since it didn't get much attention in the thread in General Chat.
New screenshots & news!
http://www.4gamer.net/games/317/G031776/20151019012/
There's a little blurb about N.U. at the end, and a mention of .hack. From what I can tell they're saying that New World is only the first project of Project N.U., but help me out here, Kuukai!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: New Screenshots + Info

Post by Kuukai »

The blurb is the same as the previous article, I've already translated it. It just says what N.U. is and that there's more. The article discusses Towns, which was unveiled on the stream.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Should we start speculating about the images?
Going from the top to the bottom of the page you linked:

-You walk around that plaza in chibi form and have a command-wheel in the bottom left about how to express yourself and choose actions to do
-When you talk to someone it zooms in (that guy with red hair has Haseo's haircut from GU Vol.3)
-It seems the time of day changes (maybe depending on time of day in the real world?)
-Other players who are available to battle have a sword icon over their heads. So PvP confirmed?
-Some forum seems to be in the game. Don't know if real or simulated
-Story relevant cut-scenes seem to be zoomed in non chibi (on the side you see the friends, quests, and daily login bonus/gift icons)
-Then we see the options menu. You can see your character's stats and level etc.. (I like the in game art for the avatar you make behind the 3D model)
-3 classes are back just like in Guilty Dragon: Twin Blade, Heavy Blade, and Mage
-Then we see battle gameplay with characters using what resembles Data Drain

Overall this game reminds me of the .hack//LINK cartoonish style running on the Guilty Dragon engine - it's more promising than what we had over the last 5 years but I fear it will be very limited due to it being a mobile game
RushingStream

Post by RushingStream »

I believe that precisely because it is a mobile platform title, there can be interesting and exciting ways to immerse the audience into the story. Granted, I'm not expecting an epic and complex plot to be explored in such a title. I'm also not expecting amazing graphics. I just think that it being a mobile application opens up new paths to experience the story. And besides, we can always count on fantastic soundtracks. Over all, I'm very much looking forward to this. And I'm hoping that it is localized as well!
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

The way I see it, New World Vol. 1: Maiden of Silver Tears, may serves as an introduction for this new Project.
RushingStream

Post by RushingStream »

Dasha wrote:The way I see it, New World Vol. 1: Maiden of Silver Tears, may serves as an introduction for this new Project.
It appears that may be the case. If I recall correctly, recent articles describe MST as the first title out of a couple of stories that will take place in the new timeline. Therefore it should set the stage for what will become known as the New World. And what a responsibility that will be.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I disagree. To me, this game is an alternate universe not related to the normal .hack universe. Think Gundam, how the U.C. timelines is the "main timeline" but there are plenty of other Gundam shows that are from different timelines not related to U.C. -- same here, this game is an alternate timeline and we may or may not eventually get more entries in the original continuity.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Then they should've used a new look for Mac Anu rather than using the one from the Movie, lol.

Na, really, until they confirms it themselves, all of what we're saying are only theories. We don't know what they're planning exactly.
RushingStream

Post by RushingStream »

Vallen wrote:I disagree. To me, this game is an alternate universe not related to the normal .hack universe. Think Gundam, how the U.C. timelines is the "main timeline" but there are plenty of other Gundam shows that are from different timelines not related to U.C. -- same here, this game is an alternate timeline and we may or may not eventually get more entries in the original continuity.
That possibility happens to be one of my main concerns. A total reboot will degrade the more recent plots that surround the .Hack timeline. However, I do not think the development team would want to carry on with such an idea and risk retaliation or worse, discouragement. It would make more sense for them to expand on new ideas within the foundation the newer titles have established.