Could use a translator...

Ressic

Could use a translator...

Post by Ressic »

I was a little annoyed that the US release of the soundtrack for original set of games (Game Music Best Collection) didn't have quite the selection of songs as what was available in Japan (Game Music Perfect Collection). So I ordered the Perfect Collection from Japan (and paid a significant chunk more in shipping, but I digress).

The major (and probably obvious) shortcomming to this plan is, I can't read Japanese. Spent a lot of time with the PlayStation running, and playing the CD's to come up with track titles that more or less matched what the games give for BGM names. (What I assume a propper US release of Perfect Collection would have given.) This worked out for all but one of the tracks, track 24 on the second disc (for those of you that have it).

Here's what a japanese on-line CD shop has for the title:
楚良とスケィス
(Hopefully my copy/pasting Japanese text won't break anything :P If it does, I've scanned the back of the CD case, and have an image of just that title I can post.)

Most sites I found with "english" (and I use the term loosely) translations of the track titles give for it:
Soryou And Sukeisu

To the best of my knowledge, it only plays once durring the games, in part 3:  Durring the cutscene at the bottom of the dungeon where you free Sora from Skeith's wand. This is Movie 94 if you've unlocked enough stuff for the desktop in Quarantine. A little digging around in Wikipedia leads me to the first two characters being "Sora", but I've got no clues on the rest of it.

So. Help?
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

Sukeisu = Skeith
so "Sora and Skeith?"
Ressic

Post by Ressic »

That'd make sense. Maybe I can find something in Japanese that talks about Skeith so I can compare the characters, just to be sure.

{edit} Duh, one of the track titles from disc 1 is "Phase 1: Skeith", and the last four characters of the title I posted maches the characters from the other track. So I'm gonna say that should be "Sora and Skeith".

I just couldn't make the jump from "Sukeisu" to "Skeith", or I'd have looked over the cd case a little closer days ago. ;p

Thanks!
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

.hack//Wiki wrote:Skeith (スケィス)
.hack//Wiki wrote:Sora (楚良)
楚良スケィス.
Ressic

Post by Ressic »

Aha. That works too. Didn't dig in the right spots in the .hack//Wiki I guess. I'm pretty sure wikipedia didn't have Skeith's name in Japanese anywhere.

Thanks again.