.hack//Game Music Best Collection to be released in U.S.

Ardo

.hack//Game Music Best Collection to be released in U.S.

Post by Ardo »

Here's the link...http://www.geneonanimemusic.com/products/hack.htm. If you check on the main page http://www.geneonanimemusic.com you can see that it is listed under a March release.

They're the same company that did the domestic releases for Chobits, Lain, Fruits Basket & even Yuki Kajiura's Fiction, so I think they'll do a pretty good job with the .hack game music. I'm looking forward to the pamphlet that came with the import being translated (I've been dying to know what it says). Comments? Happy to know it's getting a domestic release? I sure am 8)
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/hack-gmpc/index.html (The sidebar has the track list for the Japanese edition)

Where's the first disc? I can understand scrapping the sound effects bonus disc, but what's up with everything else? As much as people gripe about the in-game music... where the heck is it? I see two field themes. Where are the rest? And why, oh Yevon, why did they add the PIROS theme above better songs?! (Oh Forest Noon, how I weep for thee...)

I'm all for bringing over game soundtracks, but it's got to be complete! :cry:
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

Now it makes sense why it's called "best" collection and not "perfect" collection. They just changed the name and picked out the "best" songs :roll: It would be nice to get both discs and the sound effects one, but I have a feeling it's too late for that.
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

Piros' theme is on the american release? *DIES* Oh the inhumanity! *performs stabbity death upon the american makers of the OST* Why are so many tracks being cut?
Twinblades

Post by Twinblades »

Theres no telling. I love all the songs on the game, and have been looking for months for the songs online... don't take this as a request for a link or the admins will pull a Lios (no offence) and delete the post. But, if they're coming out with a CD, where could i find one, and how much would it cost?
Lady Subaru

Re: .hack//Game Music Best Collection to be released in U.S.

Post by Lady Subaru »

Ardo wrote:They're the same company that did the domestic releases for Chobits, Lain, Fruits Basket & even Yuki Kajiura's Fiction, so I think they'll do a pretty good job with the .hack game music.
You mean Pioneer right? :) Pioneer makes lots of anime music soundtracks so I'm also sure they would do it good. :P
d5t

Post by d5t »

Twinblades wrote:Theres no telling. I love all the songs on the game, and have been looking for months for the songs online... don't take this as a request for a link or the admins will pull a Lios (no offence) and delete the post. But, if they're coming out with a CD, where could i find one, and how much would it cost?

If you have a Suncoast video store near you, they carry many OSTs that Pioneer supplies. As for an online reseller, you can pre-order .hack//GAME OST at Amazon right now. (ships the 16th of March)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 57-7399158
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

Lady Subaru wrote:You mean Pioneer right? :) Pioneer makes lots of anime music soundtracks so I'm also sure they would do it good. :P
Yup, I mean Pioneer :D I think they changed their name, though. To Geneon or something. But it's still the same company, and yeah, they usually do a good job.
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

Well through my connections at Suncoast I picked the OST up yesterday. For less then $10. :wink: Ill just find the rest of the songs online but other then that Im liking all the music expect for track 8, DIE PRIOS. Evil *****.
Ichida

Post by Ichida »

I think I'll pick up a copy of that. I could use an expansion to my //COLLECTION, keheh...
FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

The english version cut half of the songs up. I bought the japanese edition from GKworld.com its a really cool place. They have ton and tons of anime stuff you should check it out.
Last edited by FLARE of the Crimson Flam on Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ichida

Post by Ichida »

Yeah, I read that only half of the songs are there. That really sucks.
Lady Subaru

Post by Lady Subaru »

Ardo wrote:
Lady Subaru wrote:You mean Pioneer right? :) Pioneer makes lots of anime music soundtracks so I'm also sure they would do it good. :P
Yup, I mean Pioneer :D I think they changed their name, though. To Geneon or something. But it's still the same company, and yeah, they usually do a good job.
Is it Geneon Entertainment? I think I heard of that company before. They produced the OSTs of Neon Genesis Evangelion, FLCL, and His and Her Circumstances. Yeah, that's it! :D It just popped into my mind all of a sudden! :lol:
~Kioku~

Post by ~Kioku~ »

I love domestic version of the soundtrack, but I do wish they released the Perfect collection instead. Lazy ppl. But my fav songs from that soundtrack are the ones with that woman singing in the background.
southprk256

Post by southprk256 »

I was quite dissapointed with the .hack//game soundtrack :cry: , I'd recommend the .hack//sign soundtracks over this one
The Terror Of Death

Post by The Terror Of Death »

i kinda liked the game soundtrack

but what i couldnt help but notice is this:

why dont they have Harold's theme?

that was a pretty good song as i used it as the BGM for the desktop in the game. if anyone doesnt really know what im talking about im reffering to the music that plays for the intro to Mutation and whenever you go into the rooms that are in some of the dungeons during story mode.
beginner

Post by beginner »

~Kioku~ wrote:I love domestic version of the soundtrack, but I do wish they released the Perfect collection instead. Lazy ppl. But my fav songs from that soundtrack are the ones with that woman singing in the background.
About that girl singing. Did you know that she did it in the bathroom?
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

beginner wrote:
~Kioku~ wrote:I love domestic version of the soundtrack, but I do wish they released the Perfect collection instead. Lazy ppl. But my fav songs from that soundtrack are the ones with that woman singing in the background.
About that girl singing. Did you know that she did it in the bathroom?
eww i likes the song titled land of the twilight (i think that is on that soundtrack
beginner

Post by beginner »

Not sexually. I mean that she recorded it from the bathroom. Her mac was very far away, and she had the recording turned up all the way. It was a really genius way to record. Since she has a really loud singing voice anyway. It said so on the cd insert. :)
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

wait is the person who sang that song See-saw? if so i absolutely love her music (though i rarely listen to anime music im more in to rap and hip hop)