Dot hack//Movie !

d5t

Re: Dot hack//Movie !

Post by d5t »

Kuukai wrote:
Insydius wrote:
Kuukai wrote:Note that it's the only title ever to be normally written as something other than .hack//Something.
.hack//Legend of the Twilight was more than a single word, also there was .hack//Epitaph of Twilight.
I don't mean there are a bunch of words, I mean that there's no . and no //
(Phantom) Thief wrote:But a re-tweet from Matsuyama did mention an inclusion in the title.
Actually he retweeted with no comment, along with a lot of other headlines, and then he tweeted something else unrelated that some people misinterpreted because of the article.

Holy crap how did I miss the David thing?
Not going to bloat much, but the David character is based on my life story. :lol:
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

I was asking about the introduction. For such an important role how the character was mentioned seems kind of minor.
d5t wrote:Not going to bloat much, but the David character is based on my life story. :lol:
Please don't tell me you waltz around in a black trench coat and glasses, whispering I am bad-ass all day. If so then I might have to steal a trench coat or three. But seriously though the article should have more information why not look through it some more and post it on the main page. It has some new screen shots.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

d5t wrote:Not going to bloat much, but the David character is based on my life story. :lol:
I have $5 with your name on it if you look like him next ACen.
(Phantom) Thief wrote:Please don't tell me you waltz around in a black trench coat and glasses, whispering I am bad-ass all day. If so then I might have to steal a trench coat or three. But seriously though the article should have more information why not look through it some more and post it on the main page. It has some new screen shots.
Grr... telling me how to do my job... You're absolutely right though, and this is the first time I'm admitting this in the history of people telling me how to do my job. I'm ashamed to have missed this. As soon as I get the time, I'll try to craft an update...
(Phantom) Thief

I did not mean it that way. For now I just want to know if the information is correct. No matter how much the page stares back at me I have this sense of odd disbelief about the name David yet there it is.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's true. We've known he was a foreigner for a while...
(Phantom) Thief

Phew I understand now. For a moment I believed my eyes misread something.
JinnoftheDesert

Post by JinnoftheDesert »

I'm really starting to hate the look alike characters I think they keep doing it due to lack of imagination.i'm tiered of all the kites and others running around anyone agree?
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

JinnoftheDesert wrote:I'm really starting to hate the look alike characters I think they keep doing it due to lack of imagination.i'm tiered of all the kites and others running around anyone agree?
Yea, it was fine with Shugo, Rena and the Azure Flame Knights but now its just getting annoying. Though I suppose it shows how much of an impact the .Hackers made on The World.
(Phantom) Thief

Agreed but I can accept it for the movie. If we condense their model design with all the different AI there are around four at maximum; Kite: Shugo, Azure Flame Knight, Sakuya, Kite (Sora). The same applies for Balmung: (Azure Sky Knight, Tobias), Orca: (Azure Sea Knight, Gord) and Blackrose: (Rena, Mary & Mimiru if you want to be technical).
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Agreed but I can accept it for the movie. If we condense their model design with all the different AI there are around four at maximum; Kite: Shugo, Azure Flame Knight, Sakuya, Kite (Sora). The same applies for Balmung: (Azure Sky Knight, Tobias), Orca: (Azure Sea Knight, Gord) and Blackrose: (Rena, Mary & Mimiru if you want to be technical).
Still more than needed.
(Phantom) Thief

Keyaki wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:Agreed but I can accept it for the movie. If we condense their model design with all the different AI there are around four at maximum; Kite: Shugo, Azure Flame Knight, Sakuya, Kite (Sora). The same applies for Balmung: (Azure Sky Knight, Tobias), Orca: (Azure Sea Knight, Gord) and Blackrose: (Rena, Mary & Mimiru if you want to be technical).
Still more than needed.
But less than most would expect right? To be fair however Sakuya's design seems unnecessary. I have not read Quantum introduction but at least the other twin blade models have their own plot and atheistic purposes.
JinnoftheDesert

What are the odds that all these different groups of friends who started playing the game at different times all modeled there characters after the dot hackers who some of them didn't even know about its just to much don't you think
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Sora got Kite from Makoto, who was an internal ALGOS server robo her dad got. Now her friends, that was just random...
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Kuukai wrote:Sora got Kite from Makoto, who was an internal ALGOS server robo her dad got. Now her friends, that was just random...
From who?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Her worked for the company.
JinnoftheDesert

Kuukai wrote:Sora got Kite from Makoto, who was an internal ALGOS server robo her dad got. Now her friends, that was just random...
wait.. when did sora play as kite?
TrueNeptune

Post by TrueNeptune »

I'm not that excited for the movie, since i dont know any japanese whatsoever :( its unfortunate how much of the cool rpgs and animes and such are japanese-only.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

JinnoftheDesert wrote: wait.. when did sora play as kite?
The girl who uses Kite's avatar in .hack//The Movie's name is Sora ^_^
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

TrueNeptune wrote:I'm not that excited for the movie, since i dont know any japanese whatsoever :( its unfortunate how much of the cool rpgs and animes and such are japanese-only.
Never stopped a lot of people.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

I may made some baseless assumption, but, in the 12 minutes trailer, the black-haired boy with glasses was hospitalized,
and it remind me of Orca (since Yasuhiko in the end of .hack//xxxx pictured as black haired glassed boy too)
of course i can be mistaken too...

it seems like history repeat itself?

and 'Balmung' confess to 'Kite' :9