Episode 3 theories *SPOILERS WARNING*

ART1984

Episode 3 theories *SPOILERS WARNING*

Post by ART1984 »

So, after seeing a subtitled version of .hack//Quantum Episode 2...we found out Hermit has a relative in America he was looking a compatible donor for in America. He was hoping to wake up all the coma victims in the hopes of getting a compatible donor...but that backfired when he spied on Shamrock in Episode 2 and saw that she is dead in 2015. What amazes me is the year. 2015 is the year Mia died...and Hermit has a Mia based avatar. Could the two be connected?
In the trailer, we see tidings of a battle coming...Hermit lying on his back looking up at the sky thinking...he's probably wondering "why did I go through all that trouble when she was dead all this time?"...

Another thing, at the end Shamrock muttered "I have no choice. Forgive me." and then she reads from a book and literally blows up Mac Anu just as an entire army of data bugs is converging upon their position. All the while, Sakuya is shouting to Mary who she was determined to bring back with her but then it cuts out. For all we know, Mary and the others are still captives of Sophia, Altimit's personal AI. We haven't seen much of her in this series, but hopefully we get some questions answered in Episode III.
Nogarath

Re: Episode 3 theories *SPOILERS WARNING*

Post by Nogarath »

Hopefully indeed. Plus... damn I don't know! Lol the ova is getting me mad (not really) and I'm far to curious of this as well. The connection between mia and hermit. Jeez..
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Is the "she" correct within the explanation of Shamrock about the sick child? I thought it was a boy. Did she says "kanojo" or something like that (maybe I just overheard it)?
Well whatever, I now really want to see episode 03. Hope it gets a US release. Found the last episode very interesting. I hope they'll explain more about the relation between Hermit and Touha (it was Touha if I remember correctly) in 03.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I don't know what the fansub said, but where did you get the "relative" thing from? I couldn't make out one thing Hermit said in his rage, but otherwise I think the possibility that Hermit is the patient is left pretty open...

I imagine the spell Shamrock cast was some kind of Level #$% cheat spell.

There are only 20 minutes left to resolve everything so I wouldn't expect too much...
ART1984

Post by ART1984 »

"She's dead?!" Is what Hermit whispered in the sub. He then proceeds to get all shocked and goes to destroy his friend's work just as he's about to free them, setting the bar on fire and destroying the data. It might be a misleading thread, but the subtitles indicated he was trying to free all the coma victims to find a compatible donor for a woman he was trying to save in America....I assumed it was a relative of his, or a friend. It wasn't really clear, but the subtitles clearly indicated a "she" when Shamrock was reading off the information to Sakuya and Tobias in Dol Dona.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

It could be a mistake. Fansubs make errors every now and then, Japanese can seem vague without the context. At least I think it would make sense if it was Hermit. But supposing it isn't maybe its a tie in to the next story and Kite (Sora). What does everyone think?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/silver_1101/arc ... 76794.html
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

I'm pretty sure that one's a mistake. I'd have to rewatch it to be certain, but if I'm remembering correctly, the line in question is simply "Shinda?", meaning "dead?".

Edit: I was off slightly. It's "shindeita", not "shinda", but for all practical purposes, it's the same thing. There was not a single gender-specific term used in the entire scene; only someone who knows who they're talking about would be able to say for certain that it's "he", not "she".